Condi Weaver Full Viper or mix? (desc inside)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkForcE.9210

DarkForcE.9210

Q:

I got a question here before PoF go live

I’’m planning to play both Weaver and Mirage condi build, but not sure if I should go full viper or mix of viper + rampager or sinister

This applies to armor and accessories as well. I don’t mind about resources (got enough materials + budget for it)

in Elementalist

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

full viper will most likely be over kill. But Weaver will probably use lots more Viper then Condi ele now, which is mostly Sinister.

That is due to having to cap both Bleed and burn (weaver) , compared to Tempest (just burn).

So if the prediction from a Reddit thread I read about this subject hold true and nothing else gets added: this Viper setup should give u 100% burn/bleed

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoNEEAsIAUAOA1msNcGA-TlRAQBrbhhbqEEAPAgQq8zL7DEQ9ACCYRA-w

it’s only 80% burn/bleed, but that’s because weaver has another 20%

Armor is empty, it’s sinister or whatever.

little big wizard – Eu

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Here’s how I see the Fire/Earth/Weaver base: link. Run 1-1-2 Fire if you don’t have raid buffbots with you.

Note: Use Sword/Dagger, not Dagger/Dagger. I needed a placeholder for the Viper stats. You get a nice fire field and leap finisher from Sword 2 and the Sword autoattack has a burn on the third strike. You have bleeds on Earth 1 & 2, also.

If you want more range, try Scepter/Dagger. You get bleeds with Earth 1 & 2, burns with Fire 1 & 2, and Fracturing Strike on a short cooldown.

(edited by mygamingid.5816)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

Gear wise, I’m thinking of going for a mix. Some Viper, some Marauder (for the vit, aswell as some crit), considering Weaver profits from both power and condi damage. Probably Weaver, Fire & Air (tho not sure about Air yet, also liking water for the condi cleanse). Mainly PvE tho.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

What about the new gear stat? Power/Cond.Dmg (main), Prec/Feroc(secondary) ?

I think this one fits a lot more on the playstyle of weaver.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alwayshappy.2549

Alwayshappy.2549

What about the new gear stat? Power/Cond.Dmg (main), Prec/Feroc(secondary) ?

I think this one fits a lot more on the playstyle of weaver.

Pretty nice if that combo will really arrive. Tho I fear you will still need some vitality.

in Elementalist

DarkForcE.9210

Here’s how I see the Fire/Earth/Weaver base: link. Run 1-1-2 Fire if you don’t have raid buffbots with you.

Note: Use Sword/Dagger, not Dagger/Dagger. I needed a placeholder for the Viper stats. You get a nice fire field and leap finisher from Sword 2 and the Sword autoattack has a burn on the third strike. You have bleeds on Earth 1 & 2, also.

If you want more range, try Scepter/Dagger. You get bleeds with Earth 1 & 2, burns with Fire 1 & 2, and Fracturing Strike on a short cooldown.

I got bolt and incinerator, I guess I will bet with sword / dagger

Gear wise, I’m thinking of going for a mix. Some Viper, some Marauder (for the vit, aswell as some crit), considering Weaver profits from both power and condi damage. Probably Weaver, Fire & Air (tho not sure about Air yet, also liking water for the condi cleanse). Mainly PvE tho.

Should I consider Carrion stats (power + vit + condi) if necessary to have vital for survivability?

sword + x Fire + Air skill 3 seems to have better outgoing dps compare to other element combinations

Air is a bit weak, best for mobility

in Elementalist

atreyu.9624

Should I consider Carrion stats (power + vit + condi) if necessary to have vital for survivability?

yes, yes and yes.

Atleast for Solo Pve / open world stuff.

Throwing in some carrion pieces it’s actually better than doing a little more DPS.

little big wizard – Eu

in Elementalist

DarkForcE.9210

yes, yes and yes.

Throwing in some carrion pieces it’s actually better than doing a little more DPS.

If that’s the case, I’m thinking like this since I will mainly focus open world / PvE:

- full viper on accessory gears
- full Carrion on armor sets
- Weapon will be Marauder

Any comments?

in Elementalist

atreyu.9624

yes, yes and yes.

If that’s the case, I’m thinking like this since I will mainly focus open world / PvE:

- full viper on accessory gears
- full Carrion on armor sets
- Weapon will be Marauder

Any comments?

why marauder weapons? If u are going condi, with a little power/precision on the side. Stick to Viper/carrion.

Carrion on armor is good if you plan to have a secondary carrion exotic armor set.

If that’s Ascended armor, then I would say no.
Because for “serious” content people might “demand” full glassy meta builds.

Carrion is more like your solo and open world stuff.

little big wizard – Eu

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

You can hit 100% burn and bleed duration with:

- Viper weapons, trinkets, and back piece
- Superior Sigil of Agony
- Two Trapper runes and four Nightmare runes
- Burning Precision and Weaver’s Prowess traits
- Rare Veggie Pizza

After that, it’s just a question of what stat set you put on your armor. Sinister and Grieving are the most likely choices, and we’ll probably have to wait for release to know which is going to be better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

- Rare Veggie Pizza

After that, it’s just a question of what stat set you put on your armor. Sinister and Grieving are the most likely choices, and we’ll probably have to wait for release to know which is going to be better.

Assuming Fire/Arcane/Weaver? I’m weighing that against Fire/Earth/Weaver. Earth grants more base condi damage, permanent passive Signets, faster recharge on Signets, and you can swap out the Sigil of Agony. Both offer improved sustain. Arcane offers faster attunement refresh, some default concentration, Fury & element-specific boons on swap, and condi damage on Arcane utilities.

If I found myself switching attunements often, then Arcane would probably be better. If I camp Fire or Fire & Earth, then Earth would probably be better. I’m probably going to start with an Earth build, but Arcane is tempting.

in Elementalist

atreyu.9624

- Rare Veggie Pizza

Assuming Fire/Arcane/Weaver? I’m weighing that against Fire/Earth/Weaver. Earth grants more base condi damage, permanent passive Signets, faster recharge on Signets, and you can swap out the Sigil of Agony. Both offer improved sustain. Arcane offers faster attunement refresh, some default concentration, Fury & element-specific boons on swap, and condi damage on Arcane utilities.

If I found myself switching attunements often, then Arcane would probably be better. If I camp Fire or Fire & Earth, then Earth would probably be better. I’m probably going to start with an Earth build, but Arcane is tempting.

I am seeing both Fire/arcane and Fire/earth very solid options for open world.

Earth gets extra dmg from Earth/Fire Signets + 5% dmg + 100condi dmg

While Arcane gets Burn/bleed on crit + elemental surge (more burn) + decent fury uptime

I think Arcane actually has more Sustain than earth specced like that tho, due to Shield Block + + quite high Protection uptime (if most of the dmg comes from Fire/earth swap)

Also Arcane has perma-swiftness easy peasy without using any weapon/utilities, Earth needs the Air signet. Which is quite meh utility. And even then it’s a worse Swiftness.

I am liking the arcane version more overall.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I am seeing both Fire/arcane and Fire/earth very solid options for open world.

Earth gets extra dmg from Earth/Fire Signets + 5% dmg + 100condi dmg

While Arcane gets Burn/bleed on crit + elemental surge (more burn) + decent fury uptime

I think Arcane actually has more Sustain than earth specced like that tho, due to Shield Block + + quite high Protection uptime (if most of the dmg comes from Fire/earth swap)

Also Arcane has perma-swiftness easy peasy without using any weapon/utilities, Earth needs the Air signet. Which is quite meh utility. And even then it’s a worse Swiftness.

I am liking the arcane version more overall.

I’m personally looking forward air/fire combo for a more mixed condi (burn) and direct (crit) dmg using full griever stats. You will loose the arcane burns but gain massive direct dmg and crit buffs from air. Using flame legion runes, with smoldering signet and fire meat chilly you get 85% burn duration (over 100% with weaver trait)

It will be interesting to see if bleed/burn with vipers will do ore dmg than an air/fire spec or if they will be balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

In the stress test, I got pretty good results from a full Zerker Weaver using sword/dagger and spending most of my time in fire and air. I have no idea how it’d be for sustained DPS in a group setting, but for open world, it had good burst and survivability for taking down groups of enemies.