Condition Damage Elementalist Now Viable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

Is it? If so I’d love to know what traits would work, because I am on an all exotic Rampagers gear set. Thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Condition eles traditionally have the problem of being locked out of their damage when they are forced to switch out of earth attune for around 10 seconds. But with the new attunement CDR and condition damage buffs, condition damage builds are probably alot better now. Additionally, sinister’s is generally considered a better condition damage set.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

For PvE? Nope. Still not enough consistent damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Probably not. Ele can’t condi-burst like other classes, which can put out many stacks of torment, bleeds, confusion, and burns all in one hit.

The ramp is too slow to do that.

For pvp, everything does too much damage and there isn’t a viable condition damage pvp-amulet that has toughness AND vitality to survive long enough for your condis to kill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Been having fun with a Settler’s/Undead/S/F F/E/W signet condi build in hotjoins.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-o3d;2B2FY0B5gNkY0;9;4012;0058037036;4T73;3jwmAjwmA9q

(Keep in mind the numbers haven’t been updated on this website.)

My trait and equipment choices may be sub-optimal; still playing around with those.
In particular, I only took Earth’s Embrace and Soothing Disruption because I suck at responding to thief/mesmer stealth bursts, but if you’re good you can take Serrated Stones and Cleansing Wave. I also hate that Geomancer’s Alacrity competes with Strength of Stone.

Sure we only really have burn, bleed and poison (Doom) but between Signet of Fire and Burning Precision and our plethora of minor cover conditions (cripple/immobilize/blind/chill/vuln) you can pretty much always maintain at least a couple stacks of burning (which still hits like a truck) and a few stacks of bleeding.

Good condi removal spread out over multiple attunements (Phoenix, Water Trident, Magentic Wave, Cleansing Water), a bit of CC to delay cleanses/heals, great mobility with FGS and a huge burn on FGS 2. Good blind spam with Blinding Ashes, Earth 3 and Air 2, despite low precision. Swirling Winds and OF for solid defense. And decent healing power to boot.

Try it before you hate on it! It may not be amazingly meta/efficient, but it definitely has potential. Just make sure you make good use of Flamewall; if you can kite your foe into it or keep them CC’d in it, the burn stacks pile up FAST. Pretty easy to do actually if you’re fighting on point. And if they run off point, well, all the better.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Probably not. Ele can’t condi-burst like other classes, which can put out many stacks of torment, bleeds, confusion, and burns all in one hit.

For pvp, everything does too much damage and there isn’t a viable condition damage pvp-amulet that has toughness AND vitality to survive long enough for your condis to kill.

I’d love to disagree. The condition game is completely changed with this update. We will have to see. Burst- burning can be a ‘thing’ now.

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

I’d love to disagree. The condition game is completely changed with this update. We will have to see. Burst- burning can be a ‘thing’ now.

I’d love to see condi ele be a “thing” too. In pvp, I am 99% sure it is impossible, however, given the current amulet options. With no vit/toughness from trait-lines, you can’t afford to not have 1 of them if you are building for a tanky build. If you want to burst, you are probably better off building for power-burst.

Also, free conditions from trait “procs” just can’t compete with what other classes have. On something like an engie, necro, or even condi mesmer, you can just fart and apply 7 condis.

in Elementalist

Posted by: naclmolecule.9815

naclmolecule.9815

I’m not going to advocate it, but you could try Settler’s Amulet, Rune of the Undead, and Signets. Of course this doesn’t really allow you to abuse the condi’s on crit traits, but they’re sort of poop anyway.

Another attempt would be a ‘normal’ cantrip ele with Settler’s Amulet. Dunno, just trying to be helpful.

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I’d love to see condi ele be a “thing” too. In pvp, I am 99% sure it is impossible, however, given the current amulet options. With no vit/toughness from trait-lines, you can’t afford to not have 1 of them if you are building for a tanky build. If you want to burst, you are probably better off building for power-burst.

Also, free conditions from trait “procs” just can’t compete with what other classes have. On something like an engie, necro, or even condi mesmer, you can just fart and apply 7 condis.

You don’t get it. The condi game is completely changed. Turning every damaging condi into intensity makes condi-bursting a real thing, especially with burning. Nothing you say with regards to pre-patch information applies anymore. Does it matter that an engi can apply some vuln, chill, bleed, poison, 1 stack of burning and 2 stacks of confusion anymore? Sure. It can still work. Does it also matter that an ele can now hit you with 15 stacks of burning that last for 5 seconds? YES. Your cleanse game better be on-point for condi eles.

That being said, I am not saying that they will become a thing, I’m just saying that you cannot say anything as of right now, because it sure as hell is way more possible than it has ever been.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

You don’t get it. The condi game is completely changed. Turning every damaging condi into intensity makes condi-bursting a real thing, especially with burning. Nothing you say with regards to pre-patch information applies anymore. Does it matter that an engi can apply some vuln, chill, bleed, poison, 1 stack of burning and 2 stacks of confusion anymore? Sure. It can still work. Does it also matter that an ele can now hit you with 15 stacks of burning that last for 5 seconds? YES. Your cleanse game better be on-point for condi eles.

That being said, I am not saying that they will become a thing, I’m just saying that you cannot say anything as of right now, because it sure as hell is way more possible than it has ever been.

I understand what you are saying. The problem is, even if you want to make a “burn stacking” build, you aren’t going to be stacking up crazy amounts of burns. You are still going to be stuck fighting an attrition fight in a burst game (atm). Guardians might be able to make a burn build, b/c they can stack lots of burns then just blind/block everything. Engineers might be able to make a burn build b/c they can stack crazy burns and 4-5 cover condis to make sure you have to eat it. Ele can stack maybe 3-4 burns reasonably, and its just not consistent enough. Even if you have high uptime on fire aura, that requires you to be tanky enough to take a beating, which means you need toughness/vitality.

The problem for ele is that b/c of low tough/vit and how strong people can burst now, you NEED to have both on a build or you are susceptible to 1-shots (from stealth even) now.

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I understand what you are saying. The problem is, even if you want to make a “burn stacking” build, you aren’t going to be stacking up crazy amounts of burns. You are still going to be stuck fighting an attrition fight in a burst game (atm). Guardians might be able to make a burn build, b/c they can stack lots of burns then just blind/block everything. Engineers might be able to make a burn build b/c they can stack crazy burns and 4-5 cover condis to make sure you have to eat it. Ele can stack maybe 3-4 burns reasonably, and its just not consistent enough. Even if you have high uptime on fire aura, that requires you to be tanky enough to take a beating, which means you need toughness/vitality.

The problem for ele is that b/c of low tough/vit and how strong people can burst now, you NEED to have both on a build or you are susceptible to 1-shots (from stealth even) now.

3-4 burns, reasonably? I can consistently hit 8-15 burns in pvp.. (while going arcana/earth/water, using carrion amulet.) do you know what 8-15 burns for even 4 seconds means? (it lasts for 5-8 seconds)

4k-6k-6k-4k-3k-1k. That’s the burning damage. It’s scary.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

I swapped my ascended to Sinister (pwr/CON/pre) and used the sinister trinkets from LS2 achievements (can also buy for 1k Bandit Crests + 10g each), put in Flame Legion runes, and Bursting and Smoldering sigils on a staff. I’m built F/A/E, with the healing signet, Signet of Fire, Glyph of Storms, and the rng on hit conditions glyph with FGS elite. You can also swap the lame rng glyph for Flame Axe when it’s useful (and build hella might). Staff two is easy aoe burning, as is Signet of Fire with the signet trait. Earth and Fire are the attunements that dish out condi’s so we’re not too bad off because switching to earth does give us a blast finisher anyways, and is the only attunement with physical finishers that can build more condi stacks in fields, plus the CD on Fire 2 lines up well with swapping back to Fire from Earth. It’s very difficult to say how good this really is, because with the stat changes damage is a lot higher from everyone, but I do think the build is pretty strong.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tiasguitas.4163

Tiasguitas.4163

have u guys watched potatoes build? it rocks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-aB4mwAOk

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

It’s more PVE oriented, but you don’t need 10k – 10k-10k-10k ticks in pvp.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am also playing condi ele (F/E/W S/F) and the fights are slow. I use earth rune and usually keep a dozend bleeding stacks on my target with some burns added from burning precision so i use serated stones which is important for my builds damage. If my oponent has good condi cleanse using it right the fight lasts very long …
So its not a pew pew thing but definitly funny. I usually run it in roaming with a friend and it works.
Yesterday he reactivated his condi necro and tried it out. We had good fights. Somtimes it was like we fight the first , two added, we figth them get the second down another two added …. long fighting till totaly outnumberd :-). Then i either go down first or flee. He as necro usually can´t escape. I made the experience that i can stand/dodge up to two oponents at least for a while. When the third adds i must disengage or go down. Of course i also use fire. Especially when fight starts. Firewall, phönix is great to start a fight. And air is great to finish one target not lettign him fight back (ligtning, knockdown, blind FTW). So its like start fire and burn the field, go earth for the fight, finish with air. I found i rarely use water in tight situations. Theres no time for healing ^^.

Greetings

Wolf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Played Cele 10011 with power overwhelming ( i think the 2other trait terybad for DD). The thief i was training with said the burning just killed him. I fact we tested => A full drake breath without cleanse drop him from full to 25% …

Can’t say it was a condi build, but the condi damage was kinda super high ^^

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I feel the burnign change was not thought to the end. What looks viable for bleeding might have overshot in burning. For burning high base damage and duration stacking was OK.