Confirmed changes for Elementalist inside!

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

source: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-traits-preview-part-two

Fire Magic

“Lava Tomb” Adept Trait now grants: Create a lava font when downed (10-second cooldown). Deal 33% more damage while downed.
Grandmaster Trait “Pesisting Flames” now reads as: Blast finishers you execute on fire fiels give fury for 10 seconds. Fire Fields last 30% longer.

Air Magic

Master Trait “Arcane Lightning” has been changed to: Gain 10% more critical hit damage for 15 seconds when you use an arcane skill. Does not stack.
Grandmaster Trait “Tempest Defense” reads as: Surround yourself with a Shocking Aura when disabled (fear, stun, daze, knockback, knockdown, launch, float, or sink). This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds. Deal 20% more damage to stunned or knocked-down foes.
The Grandmaster Trait “Grounded” has been replaced with a new Trait “Fresh Air” which does: Recharge Air attunement on a critical hit (5-second cooldown).

Earth Magic

Master Trait “Serrated Stones” has been moved down to Adept Trait with the changes of: Bleeds you apply last 20% longer and deal 5% more damage to bleeding foes.
Adept Trait “Stone Splinters” has had it’s ranged changed to 600.
Grandmaster Trait “Rock Solid” has been moved down to Master Trait.
New Grandmaster Trait “Diamond Skin”: 10% of your toughness is converted to condition damage.

Water Magic

Minor Grandmaster Trait has been changed to deal 1% more damage for each boon on you.

Arcana

Master Trait “Windborne Dagger” has been changed to: Move 15% faster while wielding a main-hand dagger. Move 10% faster while wielding an off-hand dagger.

TLDR

Pretty much what the leak has with a few changes I didnt see in the leak at least for other classes.

Stone splinters just has its fact changed to 600 range (which it always was)

THIS IS JUST TRAITS NOT ACTUAL SKILL LIKE CANTRIPS

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I see our stunbreakers didnt move.

Rejoice!

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Um… How is this confirmed? I don’t see anywhere that the list there was given/acknowledged by Anet, unless that site is run by Anet.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

okay ….
so ….
nothing change ,right …. ?
they dont nerf ele this time , pheww ….

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

that says TRAITS preview

cantrips are not traits.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

How is a fansite more legit than pastebin? Its not like its an interview, they could be using the same source as everyone else.

in Elementalist

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

At this point might aswell wait for official notes tomorrow.

Those do looks like even more accurate (the ones leaked some days ago were probably a early state, looks like there has been some iteration), but patch is tomorrow so…

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Its just the trait preview GW2hub has always had early access to content just as Dulfy has. They play the content early before it goes live so they can do their article then they release it when the embargo is up. I am pretty inclined to believe they got the trait changes from Anet themselves. If you look at specifically the mesmer change of Illusionist celerity moved to Grandmaster minor then you can see that they didn’t just copy and paste from the pastebin.

Pastebin leak doesn’t have that change to illusionist celerity as an example.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

new air thirty trait makes it through!!

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

new air thirty trait makes it through!!

Which is useless for anything but scepter and even then it’s only “nice” for a grandmaster trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Hopefully lightning flash stunbreak nerf doesn’t make it through. That’s what I’m most worried about tbh.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I know some people want every single cantrip to be a stunbreaker and their insanely strong cantrip builds to never get nerfed – but it has to happen someday, and it finally did.

To be perfectly honest, I’m excited for a signet to finally have a stun break effect, and to see LF get its damage and cooldown improved at the cost of breaking stun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zyro.5672

Zyro.5672

Water Magic

Minor Grandmaster Trait has been changed to deal 1% more damage for each boon on you.

This is actually a big nerf to d/d or am i seeing this wrong?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

As a note these are unofficial patch notes, just simply a preview!

These are the opposite of confirmed…

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Water Magic

It’s a nerf to bunkers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

source:
Air Magic

Master Trait “Arcane Lightning” has been changed to: Gain 10% more critical hit damage for 15 seconds when you use an arcane skill. Does not stack.
Grandmaster Trait “Tempest Defense” reads as: Surround yourself with a Shocking Aura when disabled (fear, stun, daze, knockback, knockdown, launch, float, or sink). This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds. Deal 20% more damage to stunned or knocked-down foes.
The Grandmaster Trait “Grounded” has been replaced with a new Trait “Fresh Air” which does: Recharge Air attunement on a critical hit (5-second cooldown).

Wow those air traits! even more massive bursts, can’t wait!

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

source:
Air Magic

How can you not wait? you’re gonna get nerfed lol.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

source:
Air Magic

How can you not wait? you’re gonna get nerfed lol.

I know! the nerf sure to come now but until then all s/d burst type eles will be so op with these changes xD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

To be honest im curious how this patch will work out. At least S/D is getting some buffs so im happy:P Lets see if I can make my S/D ele an air spamming kill machine XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

this list appears to missing the huge buff to Obsidian Focus (Toughness is increased while channeling from 170 at level 80 to 300 at level 80).

Was looking forward to that

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Water Magic

It’s a nerf to bunkers.

Well it has also made glass d/d even less viable compared to s/d, which is ironic since you’d expect our melee option to have the best dps. Thankfully I’m trying scepter seriously for the first time and finally getting to like it.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Posted by: DarkSider.1079

DarkSider.1079

Alright so they aren’t remove our stun breakers (specifically cleansing fire)and making ride the lightning pointless? (as was said in leaked patches few days ago, stating RTL would stun you at end of using, making it pointless as distance closer & somewhat pointless as get away item).

Still bugs me to no end seeing the class constantly get “nerfed” because 1% of the population doesn’t know how to deal with an elementalist and complains we’re OP, and the other 99% says “bah, they’re not overpowered” yet certain changes happen.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Water Magic

It’s a nerf to bunkers.

its nerf to D/D
Bunker is not about a trait.
As Always it will hit again balanced and zerker builds and leave bunkers untouched as last 3 Patches.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatar Yirachi.7162

Water Magic

In case you’re using the standard D/D build.. yes.

Apollo Glade [VII]
Ymilia – Elementalist
Shade of Underworld – Thief

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

This is trait preview only this not covers skills just traits. As in lightning flash is not covered by this article since its not a trait.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Water Magic

It’s a nerf to bunkers.

its nerf to D/D
Bunker is not about a trait.
As Always it will hit again balanced and zerker builds and leave bunkers untouched as last 3 Patches.

Why would they directly nerf bunkers?Ele bunker isnt anywhere near broken now and in fact its getting a buff with rock solid in their team supporting.
That also means you can run 0/0/20/20/30 d/d in wvw now and be very effective with goopd damage since you can more than make up the loss of offencive stats by changing your gear and with boon runes untouched in pve you ll experienxe 3.4 sec of stability for every earth switch.I m so happy i didnt waste money buying defencive stat pieces cause with 200 extra toughness it would be a bit overkill
Though I dont think this d/d setup could be good in spvp cause the limited stat option will force you into a bunker but for offence you can always run 30 in air or standard s/d.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

its a pity in pve thoughness is useless.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: solarisnox.8521

solarisnox.8521

okay ….
so ….

no, they did.
according to the post I saw, there are some insignificant and useless buff to staff skills, and they nerfed arcane wave and some other abilities, as well as the supposed…er…“buffs”…?…to the traits…I haven’t yet decided if these trait changes are good or bad. most of them seem relatively useless…a grandmaster trait that doesn’t even do as good as I can get with a tuning crystal…and how many ele’s run condition damage builds anyway?

…sigh…useless…

in Elementalist

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Hint: there is more than (weak) PvE in GW2.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Elementalist

Posted by: solarisnox.8521

solarisnox.8521

Water Magic

nope, you’re seeing it right…cuts damage output in half for this trait.
‘cause god forbid ele’s should be able to actually survive in a fair fight

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Hint: there is more than (weak) PvE in GW2.

yes there is www that have been already ruined
and pvp that is so bad nobody cares but devs….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

I couldnt care less about pve…If you badly want to be as efficient as possible then roll a good “pve class”. Besides its not thakittens so hard that is impossible to roll with ele :P
Pvp/wvw always comes first and those changes will help.Plus confusion is also getting fixed..I cant tell you how many times ive died cause i had the audacity to dodge roll and getting hit by this kitten 3-4 times

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

nobody cares of pvp….

if you want to be effective at pvp just roll a pvp profession
u don t even need to buy equip and take it to 80

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

if you want to be effective at pvp just roll a pvp profession

But I do!Thats one of the reason im still playing ele :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I couldnt care less about pve…If you badly want to be as efficient as possible then roll a good “pve class”. Besides its not thakittens so hard that is impossible to roll with ele :P
Pvp/wvw always comes first and those changes will help.Plus confusion is also getting fixed..I cant tell you how many times ive died cause i had the audacity to dodge roll and getting hit by this kitten 3-4 times

You couldnt care less about PVE, but say that someone should roll a PVE class? If you dont care about PVE, then why would someone trust your opinion on the matter.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mesiphidon.8324

Mesiphidon.8324

okay ….
so ….

no, they did.
according to the post I saw, there are some insignificant and useless buff to staff skills, and they nerfed arcane wave and some other abilities, as well as the supposed…er…“buffs”…?…to the traits…I haven’t yet decided if these trait changes are good or bad. most of them seem relatively useless…a grandmaster trait that doesn’t even do as good as I can get with a tuning crystal…and how many ele’s run condition damage builds anyway?

…sigh…useless…

Assuming the leaked notes are true about the cast time reductions in staff. The fact you say it’s useless shows you clearly have no idea how staff works. What you first need to understand is that staff is not a 1v1 or small skirmish (2-3 people) weapon and it never will be. Second, if those changes are true it’s actually very, very significant. If they bumped some of the Staff numbers back up a bit, not to BWE levels but a boost. And maybe made lightning surge instant cast again, gave gust a wider hitbox as well as a few other minor changes then staff would be in a very good place.

Arcane Wave got reduced to five targets from six. So it follows their ‘aoe cap’ now. That’s a terribly minor change.

Stun breaks got moved around we don’t know for sure what to where. But again that’s not a bad thing. Making it so something other then triple cantrips is viable? Blasphemy!

Some of the traits are underwhelming certainly, and I was hoping the tempest defense merged trait would be moved to a master level. But I’m willing to give them a shot and I’m looking forwards to experimenting with the new trait changes.

All in all I’m actually quite excited for this patch. The only people complaining are those who refuse to adapt or don’t actually understand some of the changes because they can’t see past the fact that they might have to alter the token triple cantrip D/D build a little bit.

We’ll get to see what the actual changes are today, but if the leak is confirmed. This is actually a very big step in the right direction for the class. D/D is fun, but it’s time for something else to be viable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Am I the only one concerned that we might see a whole slew of fotm bandwagon scepter eles pop up now when someone inevitably posts some sort of burst build on here and more thieves will start whining and ask for us to be nerfed again? Then not only will we have no survivability, but the little bit of damage we can do in a niche build will be obliterated and we’ll all just be permanent fixtures in LA after becoming totally useless in all areas of the game. I’m hoping that most people just stay bunker especially cuz of the new earth traits and so that doesn’t happen. but at this point its hard to be optimistic.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Looking at the page again GW2 hub added that they got this information from the press release so directly from Anet.

@Nikkinella yes you will start to see alot of montages pop up with S/D bursts instagibing thieves and glass builds.

The Videos will consist of ele blowing everything for huge numbers then swap to another clip, then it will be a clip or 2 in there with them 1v2 maybe 1v3 some bad players blowing them up when they try to rez someone downed. Meanwhile as we watch the clip for entertainment those that understand ele’s know that for all those clips there are many more with the elementalist dying.

Then people will ask for a nerf and whine and cry etc.

Best reliable damage build I can see assuming the notes we’ve seen stick

30 air 20 earth 10 water 10 arcana – 10% damage while attuned to air, 5% to bleeding foes, 5% to foes within 600 range, sigil of force = +25% damage the only hard part is the bleeding which is easy with earth 1 on scepter.

Can be +35% if you take vital striking and open can reach + 45% damage if you run scholar runes.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Am I the only one concerned that we might see a whole slew of fotm bandwagon scepter eles pop up now when someone inevitably posts some sort of burst build on here and more thieves will start whining and ask for us to be nerfed again? Then not only will we have no survivability, but the little bit of damage we can do in a niche build will be obliterated and we’ll all just be permanent fixtures in LA after becoming totally useless in all areas of the game. I’m hoping that most people just stay bunker especially cuz of the new earth traits and so that doesn’t happen. but at this point its hard to be optimistic.

There are already a few of those. The only difference now is that more will try s/d but many of those will go back to d/d because they won’t feel they are as good with s/d as they are with d/d. Of course the already few s/d bursts eles will be even more bursty with those air traits. It all comes down to the individual playstyle, if the person prefers more defense rather than offense then they will always stay bunker no matter the changes and vice versa with preferring offense more than defense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senticon.3452

Senticon.3452

So no extended blast range of every Meteor as it was said in leaks?…
If they don’t cut casting time of most spells, the staff ele still will be
screwed…

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

This is only the trait changes. There will also exist skill changes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

@LightningBlaze, yeah i’m aware there’s a few. But the majority of eles either do the standard d/d build or are glassy staff users. I started off as a glass staff nuker then switched to s/d after burst took a huge nerf for staff and they nerfed meteor. I went to s/d then a hybrid d/d build. I only started going back to s/d over the past couple months. I’ve been experimenting with a somewhat tanky burst build. I didn’t think it was possible though, but it is. I apologize for doubting you before. I thought you were just trolling, but it is possible.