Conjure Change Ideas!

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: kybraga.7103

kybraga.7103

The Trait Conjurer has been removed; and conjures baseline have 25 charges.
A new trait called: Built Rage has been added.
Built Rage : Leaving Fire Attunement burns foes, and if you have fire aura while leaving, it is destroyed and turned into 5 stacks Might and 10 seconds of Fury. ED: Honestly I’m not sure what kind of trait to put here. xD
Conjures now are affected by attunement traits.
Flame Axe and Fiery Great Sword are affected by Fire Traits.
Earth Shield is affected by Earth Traits.
Ice Bow is affected by Water Traits.
Lightning Hammer is affected by Air Traits.
Traits procced by Conjures are unique to attunement procs and run on different cooldowns.
Attunement procs don’t sync with Conjure Procs. For example:
Fire Attunement and Earth Shield; You won’t get a Earth Trait proc AND Fire proc. You’ll get the Earth Proc.

-Flame Axe-
Flame Leap Damage * 1.25
Flame Leap Casttime = 1/2 Second instead of 3/4 Second
Ring of Fire now has the rules of the new Dagger offhand Ring of Fire. ED

-Lightning Hammer-
Lightning Swing now grants Fury to the user and Vulnerability to the foe when it hits. ED
Static Swing now applies 2 stacks of vulnerability when striking a foe.ED
The first two auto attacks now have a 1/4 casttime. ED
Lightning Storm Damage * 1.13
Lightning Storm Casttime = 3/4 Second instead of 1 1/4 Second
Lightning Storm strikes 15 times instead of 10 now. ED
Lightning Storm has the cooldown of 30 now. ED
Lightning Storm now applies Vulnerability on hit.
Static Field now applies weakness when stunning a foe.
Static Field has a 10 target limit now.
Static Field now lasts 6 seconds instead of 4 seconds.

-Ice Bow-
Frost Fan Damage * 1.11
Ice Storm Damage * 0.89
Ice Storm is now renamed to Winter Storm and heals allies as well.
Winter Storm no longer Bleeds foes, but applies chill.
Winter Storm is also an Ice Field. ED
Winter Storm healing value is set to 513 baseline at level 80.
Water Arrow now has a large healing radius for allies, and heals 478 baseline at level 80.
Frost Volley now fires 10 times instead of five.
Frost Volley Damage is scaled with 10 hits instead of 5.
Frost Volley Cooldown is now 8 seconds instead of 4.

-Earth Shield-
Crippling Shield now ricochets instead of going in a straight line, bouncing 3 times then returning.
Crippling Shield is now a Projectile Finisher.
Stone Sheath now applies cripple as well for 3 seconds.
Stone Sheath now reflects projectiles back to sender.
Stone Sheath only protects front of the user.
Stone Sheath block time is now 3 1/2 seconds.
Stone Sheath cooldown is now 14 seconds instead of 8.
Magnetic Surge now has the range of 900 instead of 600.
Magnetic Surge now dazes for 1/2 second instead of 2 seconds.
Magnetic Surge is now a Blast Finisher.
Magnetic Shield now applies Protection to allies as well as user for 2 seconds per target pulled in.
Magnetic Shield now has the casttime of 1 second instead of 1 1/2 seconds.
Fortify has been renamed Rocky Barrier.
Rocky Barrier allows you to move while using now.
Rocky Barrier has the cooldown of 45 instead of 30.
Rocky Barrier grants 4 seconds of retaliation when ending.

-Fiery Great Sword-
Fiery Rush now is a Fire Field.
Fiery Rush removes Chill from user and allies that pass through the field.
Fiery Rush now burns on foes that pass through the field.
Fiery Eruption is now unblockable.

-These ideas are my attempt at making Conjures more useful all-roundly.-
Feel free to add ideas or degrade them. Your choice! Just here to see what people think of these.

(edited by kybraga.7103)

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I like your ideas. I would just make them work like kits. Reduce FGS damage a bit to compensate that it has no cooldown

Bad Elementalist

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

FIrst. Nice that there are more people that like the Conjured Weapons and want a comeback for them.
I agree with most of your points but i absolutely disagree with “Built Rage”. Maybe its just me, but i really dont want to see more condis. Its allready enough burning. For PvE it would be a nice trait. But for PvP i hate the idea.

Lightning Hammer should do much more damage then it is doing at the moment. It should be a viable damage buff compared to AA on Dagger Air. Is nice to have a Explo but because we loose dps at the moment its not good to take. We loose the option to use other sills then the 5 we get, that in mind i would say boost all AA on Conjured.

I would love to see a Trait or a rewok of conjured in general. Something like the Glyphs. Summon a Weapon, based on your Attument you are in. So you still have the option to react to a specific situation. Because we have so many terrible Utility skills it would be nice to have one that can bring alot to the party.

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

kybraga.7103

FIrst. Nice that there are more people that like the Conjured Weapons and want a comeback for them.
I agree with most of your points but i absolutely disagree with “Built Rage”. Maybe its just me, but i really dont want to see more condis. Its allready enough burning. For PvE it would be a nice trait. But for PvP i hate the idea.

Lightning Hammer should do much more damage then it is doing at the moment. It should be a viable damage buff compared to AA on Dagger Air. Is nice to have a Explo but because we loose dps at the moment its not good to take. We loose the option to use other sills then the 5 we get, that in mind i would say boost all AA on Conjured.

I would love to see a Trait or a rewok of conjured in general. Something like the Glyphs. Summon a Weapon, based on your Attument you are in. So you still have the option to react to a specific situation. Because we have so many terrible Utility skills it would be nice to have one that can bring alot to the party.

Honestly, I thought about making the AAs on Lightning Hammer faster, the hammer hits hard enough. However there are other things I noticed and will be updating above.
ED: I’ll also look at Built Rage a bit more.

(edited by kybraga.7103)

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

I like this idea of combining Conjured weapons into a single utility. It would give them more versatility for fights, like if you needed a fire field you could use Flame Axe, if you needed to break the defiance bar you could swap to Water and use Ice Bow.
Lets take it a bit further though what if it was a Utility that made Conjured weapons act the same as they do now(CD and Charges) BUT What if it had Shared Charges and as you Swap Elements it also Swaps Conjured Weapons.

So you could saaaaay Swap to Fire and throw down a fire field and then immediately Swap to Air(Through Fresh Air or other) and use Lightning Hammer for constant blast finishers.
No Idea how you would balance this kind of thing though so keeping it simple might be for the best.

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Themistokles.1238

I think it would be to powefull to have the weapons changing with the attuments. you could have to many combos out of it.
Just a Glyph on a 60 Second Cooldown. Working like the Conjured Weapons at the moment. But you summon depending on your Element.
I have read alot people thinking it would be nice to have conjured weapons working like Kits on Engi. This would be too powerfull too.
You could kite on Dagger/X thanks to Flame Axe or Ice Bow.
But tbh. I dont think ANet will change them this hard. Maybe we see some faster AA or some CD reductions. But in the End they will stay a nice to have in some situations like Dungeons or to cover the time in Air on Staff Tempest.

Im really sad about that. Elementalist was my first class just because of the Conjured weapons. So much style. But then i realized that only LH, IB and FGS are used in some situations. Now you only use FGS for movemend, Ice Bow to Cover the Time outside of Fire and LH isnt used anymore.

And the most imprtant thing. Reduce the CD on FGS. 3 Minutes for movemend skills is way to long. Ride the Lightning is not that often seen anymore thanks to WH outshining OH Dagger. FGS on 60 Seconds would be aweome (Yeah, to Strong, i know. Just dreaming^^)

(edited by Themistokles.1238)

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

I think the simplest solution might be to halve the cooldowns and remove the ground conjure. Though I would love to see them work similar to kits, which would make them their own attunement of sorts.

I’d also be in favor of replacing the ground conjure with mantra-like usage. After casting the conjure you have 2 ‘stacks’ of conjure swaps (one of which is consumed in the initial cast). Each time you use one you’ll equip the conjure. This might also let Conjurer replace Fire Aura with a 3rd conjure stack and make the trait significantly more useful?

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

With hammer, one big issue is how you cannot move while casting Static Field, and how it’s not targetted in an area (with 600 range; hammer is not staff)

With Shield, one big issue is the empty passive stat that is one large issue. Vitality is not helpful. There was a large math thread about how it hindered the elementalist by reducing all healing capacity by 10% during the effect. I usually ask to change Vitality for Concentration, while giving condition conversion to Fortify, and retaliation to Stone Sheath.

For Earth Shield, I would avoid changing the auto-attack. It’s probably the most interesting auto-attack in the entire game. It only lacks a projectile finisher at the last strike.

Stone Sheath one-block component could be kept, but with a lower cooldown (like it used to be before a bug was fixed; it was 4 seconds cooldown, and was not broken)

Fortify, I believe needs to keep the immobility for obvious balance reasons.

The Daze on Earth Shield is currently used to apply a long daze that is affected by Tempest Defense’s Damage increase (It works on stun, knockdown and daze [not in tooltip] only). So it can be followed up with an earth or fire overload. Blast finisher is a sensitive idea, which I used to tell about (or leap finisher).

I also liked the idea of the attunement swapping effect on conjure. But, the best build using conjures are not necessarily using the trait line corresponding to the conjured weapon. Additionnally, a conjured weapon is not necessarily fine tuned with the corresponding trait line. (Just consider the only viable conjure synergy being Earth Shield + Lightning Rod)

Overall: Conjured Weapon ideas involving cooldown increase on abilities are not a good idea. It encourages the “use everything, then discard conjure” attitude, which we don’t want for an healthy utility.

One big issue with conjured weapon is the lack of condition clear

Alerie Despins

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

I think the simplest solution might be to halve the cooldowns and remove the ground conjure. Though I would love to see them work similar to kits, which would make them their own attunement of sorts.

I’d also be in favor of replacing the ground conjure with mantra-like usage. After casting the conjure you have 2 ‘stacks’ of conjure swaps (one of which is consumed in the initial cast). Each time you use one you’ll equip the conjure. This might also let Conjurer replace Fire Aura with a 3rd conjure stack and make the trait significantly more useful?

If conjures become like kit. Their power will need to be drammatically reduced. This is because at any point, you need to consider the possibility of an extra evade frame with extreme damage (FGS 3), and such.

Alerie Despins

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Themistokles.1238

Tbh, i think ANet would destroy the Conjured by making them like kits. They would have to make them incredible weak to compensate that Eles allready have 20 Skills on there weapons.

But i like the idea of “Mantra” Design. You Would have to Prepare before the fight and could use them several times.

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Honestly, I thought about making the AAs on Lightning Hammer faster, the hammer hits hard enough. However there are other things I noticed and will be updating above.
ED: I’ll also look at Built Rage a bit more.

Shield auto-attack can deal more than Hammer due to attack speed and base damage. Not that I complain; shield barely gives anything to survive. It’s just Hammer that is extremely weak.

Aftercast makes the full auto of hammer to 2.71 seconds I think. When shield is about 2.23. Hammer cast time is 1/2 sec per auto, shield is 3/4 per auto. It speaks.
(I am a SPvPer)

Alerie Despins

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Themistokles.1238

The Hammer is great becuase of the Explo-Finisher on AA. It just needs more damage or more damage to be Damage Boost. At the Moment we are doing more damage on AA Dagger Air.

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

If conjures become like kit. Their power will need to be drammatically reduced. This is because at any point, you need to consider the possibility of an extra evade frame with extreme damage (FGS 3), and such.

I suppose I should clarify that when I pictured them working like kits, I still assumed they would have their cooldowns, durations and charges (as well as a 10s cooldown upon leaving the conjure, so more like attunements than kits). Plus they’d likely lose their bonus stats. So for non-FGS, as long as we still have charges, we could have them available for use for the entire 60s cooldown. FGS for 60 of its 180s cooldown. Both with 10s cooldowns to re-enter the conjure.

I don’t know.

I thought what turned me away from conjures was the “Use everything and drop” style, but I think it’s more-so that the cooldown for such usage is quite long (and at the same time, promotes it). I wouldn’t want to camp in a conjure the way we do Fire Staff either (though that would be a bit interesting because we’d have access to multiple overloads). I suppose I’d just like more access to the conjure skills.

Right now it feels like it’s all or nothing: When you wish to use one conjure skill, you have to use or abandon the rest of them as well. To use our weapon skills as a comparison, it’d be a bit like going into Focus Earth for Magnetic Wave and having a 60s cooldown on the attunement afterward. You may as well use Obsidian Flesh too, even if it’s not needed because it’ll be off cooldown by the time you have access to it again. (Not saying that conjures should be compared to weapon skills!) But how can we have more access to our conjure skills without them being one-time use and without gutting their abilities?

(edited by Glacial.9516)

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

I suppose I should clarify that when I pictured them working like kits, I still assumed they would have their cooldowns, durations and charges (as well as a 10s cooldown upon leaving the conjure, so more like attunements than kits). Plus they’d likely lose their bonus stats. So for non-FGS, as long as we still have charges, we could have them available for use for the entire 60s cooldown. FGS for 60 of its 180s cooldown. Both with 10s cooldowns to re-enter the conjure.

This guy has the right idea.
This is exactly how I’d rework conjure weapons. This would push them from situational/never used skills into things you can actually wrap your builds around. Honestly, constantly increasing number of charges doesn’t bring anything new to the table, it’s only perpetuating state Conjure Weapons are in right now.

Here’s how it’d look as a mix of Glacial’s and my ideas:

• Conjure weapons cooldown reduced to 10 seconds
  • Stat bonuses while having Conjure weapon are removed
  • Conjure weapons auto-attack costs no charges
  • Only 2-5 skills have charges
  • Number of charges is reduced to 2
  • When traited number of charges is increased to 4

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

This is exactly how I’d rework conjure weapons. This would push them from situational/never used skills into things you can actually wrap your builds around. Honestly, constantly increasing number of charges doesn’t bring anything new to the table, it’s only perpetuating state Conjure Weapons are in right now.

With 2 charges, the thing is going to glitch and bug everytime. And lets not make conjured weapon trait dependant. Elementalist Traits are restricting enough.

Alerie Despins

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I don’t believe they will ever allow conjures to function in the same way kits do. There are some nice suggestions in this thread and starting with baseline charges is one of the better ones. Conjures should not be tied to a trait line. Here are a few more suggestions.
1. One conjure needs to function as a stun break.
2. Eliminate the cast times.
3. If you keep the cast times, outside of one being a stun break, then add a targetable effect to the summon. Shield could be stability or cleanse, bow could be a heal or chill, hammer could be super speed or daze, axe could be a knock back or might, and Fiery Greatsword could be a pull or immobilize. Something similar to that.
4. Improve the attack speed of the weapon’s auto attacks.

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m all for making them work like kits with a cooldown. But why bother with the charges?

There would be a cooldown on the weapon itself. And you would have a cooldown per skill which could be increased if needed. Plus, your suggestion would be problematic with, for example, LH (blast finisher on AA…).

Conjure Change Ideas!

in Elementalist

kybraga.7103

I don’t believe they will ever allow conjures to function in the same way kits do. There are some nice suggestions in this thread and starting with baseline charges is one of the better ones. Conjures should not be tied to a trait line. Here are a few more suggestions.
1. One conjure needs to function as a stun break.
2. Eliminate the cast times.
3. If you keep the cast times, outside of one being a stun break, then add a targetable effect to the summon. Shield could be stability or cleanse, bow could be a heal or chill, hammer could be super speed or daze, axe could be a knock back or might, and Fiery Greatsword could be a pull or immobilize. Something similar to that.
4. Improve the attack speed of the weapon’s auto attacks.

With the logic of giving a conjure a stun break is basically saying every class should have a utility of every type stunbreak. And… I don’t think every class is gonna have that happen. :/