Conjure weapon change (idea)

in Elementalist

Posted by: True Windigo.1704

True Windigo.1704

I have an awesome idea IMO. REMOVE CONJURE WEAPONS ALL TOGETHER!

How about a new 2 hand weapon (I’m thinking some pulsating aura is the look) called something simple like “weapon mode” or conjure “something or the other.” Where rather than wasting a skill slot, you have an equipment that you hold and the F1-F4 are the conjured weapons of that element? By that I mean by pressing the atument of your choosing (F1-F4) you are using that weapon in hand not creating it.

I hate building around a single skill that someone can walk by and PICK THE FRAK UP!!

Modify the skills some I’m sure. There would be a brand new build (The weapon ele) to play with.

Maybe? Could be interesting…
Ideas, thoughts?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

weapon ele do exist i play as it pretty often in dungeons and once in a while in pvp. your idea is basically requesting that ele get a permanent boost to a grand total of 40 available weapon skills without using up any of their utility slots. honestly one things regarding NEEDS to happen and thats fgs and axe get merged and i would personally like to see the rest of them get merged into one skill that changes which on is summoned based on your attunement but it still needs to take a utility slot

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

I like conjures the way they are, only I wish they weren’t bundles. I don’t often bring Mist Form when I have Conjures on the same bar because I’ll lose my Conjure if I use it. And my guildies like it when I drop Conjures for them, so I wouldn’t want to take that aspect out either.

What I would like is more trait support. Like a trait that doubles the time and charges of your Conjures, but you don’t drop a second one. Or a trait that makes ALL Conjures do damage when they’re summoned (not just FGS). Or hell, just make that a feature of all Conjures and forget the trait part.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

How about a trait that gives each conjure an additional effect? Imagine magnetic shield as a stun breaker that gives stability.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

i think it would be cool to just have a “weapon conjure” utility skill that summons a weapon based on the attunment you are in when activated

water = ice bow
fire = flame axe
air = static hammer thing
earth = earth shield

in Elementalist

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Ignore this, just mis-clicked.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

i think it would be cool to just have a “weapon conjure” utility skill that summons a weapon based on the attunment you are in when activated

water = ice bow
fire = flame axe
air = static hammer thing
earth = earth shield

Wrapping them all into one utility would be awesome! I’d like having the choice of what conjure I’d like at any point during a fight.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

A big problem with conjures I have is that they are very “clunky” to use. Honestly a simple rework that I think would help make them feel more fluid would be a standardization of all conjure summon cast times to be 0.25 seconds with the exception of fiery greatsword, which would keep its current cast time.

Non-elite conjures should also be able to be stowed instead of dropped, keeping their current charges for the elementalist only. Other classes that pick up the conjure copy would use it normally then drop it when they don’t want the conjure anymore. It would be akin to having a second weapon. For example the elementalist summons a lightning hammer and uses 4, 1, 1, 1. The elementalist then presses ~ (weapon switch hotkey) and stows the weapon with 11 charges remaining. The conjure then undergoes the standard 9 second weapon swap cooldown all other classes have. However this cooldown only occurs when swapping from the conjure to a standard weapon, not when swapping from a standard weapon to a conjure. After 9 seconds the elementalist can swap back to their conjure and use the remaining charges. If there are multiple conjures equipped, only the last conjure used would be stowed. For example if an ele used a flame axe, stowed it, then summoned an ice bow, the flame axe would be lost.

As for the fiery greatsword, this elite needs to be reworked to give less mobility. However, its damaging abilities should be vastly improved and it should feel powerful. Of course I am no expert at balance however a concept for a reworked FGS would be this:

(Skill 1) Flame Wave: Similar to how it is now in functionality and damage, however now its projectiles each have a 20% chance of being a projectile finisher.

(Skill 2) Lava Tomb: Range 600. Cooldown 8 seconds. Duration 4 seconds. 0.5 second cast time. Stab your sword into the ground and summon 3 lava pools that also count as fire fields. It would look similar to the ember NPC attack with 3 lava fonts spaced closely together in a triangle shape. Each lava font does about half the damage of a staff lava font. Since these fonts overlap, keeping an enemy in the center sweet spot will deal the damage of all 3 lava fonts and keeping an enemy in the other overlaps would deal 2x damage. This would also be affected by the trait persisting flames.

(Skill 3) Fiery Whirl: The same but with an 10 second cooldown instead of a 5 second cooldown.

(Skill 4) Fiery Eruption. 600 range. 20 second cooldown. 2 sec knockup. 0.75 second cast time. 0.25 sec delay between when a red circle would appear beneath the enemy and the eruption. Stab your sword into the ground, dealing moderate damage, and knock up/launch enemies caught in the AOE radius. The AOE size would be similar to the untraited staff lava font. Applies 6 sec of burning.

(Skill 5) Firestorm: The same as it is now.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)