Conjured weapon "hopefully easy redesign"

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

So, im not saying the conjured weapons are weak. But the way they are implemented isnt very good. So i was just thinking about it, and came up with this idea. I dont know if it is ever been proposed before but here goes.

When you have for example the frostbow equiped. The skill has a 60 second cooldown.
When you use this skill, you switch to forstbow like you would switch to different attument without attument bonus or so and maybe with a very small charge time (not over 0,5 seconds). The weapon is NOT spawned at the battlefield, so it is not usuable for someone else. You still only get like 20 charges.
Now another skill timer starts ticking (somewhat like when you activate the elite glyph) for like 30 seconds. During these seconds, you can switch in and out of this skill set as many times as you want (somewhat like an engineers kit).
When your charges run out or the 30 seconds or over, the skills 60 second cooldown starts again. When you were in the frostbow skills when this happens, your number 1 to 5 skill just grey out, and you have to change back to an attunement in order to fight further.
The trait that gives you more charges can stay and will increase it with 10 or so other charges and/or increasing the 30 seconds to 40 seconds.
The trait that reduces cooldown stays the same trait
The cooldown of 60 seconds always starts either when your charges or out, or when the time expires.
Hope this can lead to some interesting changes.
All numbers arent meant perfect or so, just an example.
One other plus point i think with this change is, that i really dont think it is very hard to program, since a lot of these things or already in the game, just in other skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i like it, but i dont rly wanna loose the ability to spawn weapons for teammates

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maliken.5630

Maliken.5630

I understand that, and it is ofcourse also an option to just conjure the weapon like it is now, with the difference to switch in and out of the weapon for a fixed amount of time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

i still think the best solution (which i’ve suggested a 100 times now) is for the conjure to replace only 1 element not 4, ie: FGS replaces the 5 skills of fire but you can freely change attunements and then come back to fire and the 5 FGS skills.

I don’t see conjures ever working in their current form, as losing 21 skills and the class’ core mechanic for the gain of only 5 skills is a really bad tradeoff.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

i still think the best solution (which i’ve suggested a 100 times now) is for the conjure to replace only 1 element not 4, ie: FGS replaces the 5 skills of fire but you can freely change attunements and then come back to fire and the 5 FGS skills.

I don’t see conjures ever working in their current form, as losing 21 skills and the class’ core mechanic for the gain of only 5 skills is a really bad tradeoff.

So you want to be able to use fiery rush and fiery whirl every 13 seconds in a rotation? That doesn’t sound ridiculously unbalanced at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

and again, it expands ur utilitys/skills, u dont get locked out of ur attunements, u gain an additional attunement, just use skills necessary from the conjure, drop it, no1 told u to camp it, for example magnetic shield, use the invuln or the block or both, then just drop it, dont bother holding it and ’ it locks me ouuuutttt’ , just drop it.

the only thing that bothers me is the cast time, i would love it to be instant cast, picking up is fine as it is

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

So you want to be able to use fiery rush and fiery whirl every 13 seconds in a rotation? That doesn’t sound ridiculously unbalanced at all.

Rush into a wall should be nerfed anyway because of how much it trivialises PVE content. Whirl would probably be fine after the change IMO.

In any case, making conjures “work” for 2/3rds (ie: non-PVE) of the game should be goal #1, and any adjustments (ie: nerfs) should be applied as needed afterwards.

downed state is bad for PVP