Conjured weapons - suggestion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Conjured weapons are one of the really cool looking aspects of the ele profession but in practice they’re rarely used. I almost never use them and never see anyone else with them. The only time I have used them is when I convinced a friend to try the game and she was playing non-ele classes. She enjoyed them so I’d drop them for her.

The main problem is it’s a pain to have to recast all the time. And when solo running back for the second conjure is almost as tedious.

I’m aware some of my suggestions make them more like engineer kits and some people will get their knickers in a twist over that. To that I say too bad. Engineers still have lots of uniqueness (eg. turrets) and the sad fact is conjured weapons are so under-used because they’re not fun. That’s a lot of wasted potential.

I think they could easily be brought into more common use with either a few traits or utility passives which give players more options with them. Eg.

Bound weapons : Conjured weapons are no longer ground targeted and only create a weapon for the caster. They no longer have charges or a duration limit. [implement a cooldown comparable to non-engineer weapon swap]

Enduring weapons : Conjured weapons have a longer duration (5-10 minutes?) and unlimited charges. Reduces conjured weapon cooldown to 10 seconds. [cd reduction allows caster to conjure weapons for multiple allies]

Regenerating weapons : Conjured weapons automatically refresh their duration and charges every X seconds for both caster and allies. [would have a range limit and only work for weapons you conjured, not those conjured by other eles]

in Elementalist

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Er, I use conjures all the time. But yeah, they could be improved.

I had a similar idea, that Conjures need some new or interesting traits. Though since then, the introduction of Masteries and Specializations could open the door for such features.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

The only thing Conjures need is the ability to pick them up and add that number of charges to the existing charges. This answers a number of problems with playing with Conjures.

1. One of the most annoying things on a Conjure spec is other people grabbing your Conjures. This eliminates that.

2. This fix retains the ability to give Conjures to others.

3. Having this many uses, especially with Conjurer Trait, should be enough to largely keep things in the recast timer of the weapon.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vortex.3712

Vortex.3712

The problem is there so fundamentally different to they way an ele plays that its purely meant for allies and its not efficient in combat it has to be prepared (mainly due to the fact that one instantly spawns in your hand). Conjures blocking all your attunement rotations destroys the weapon. i think one solution would be to be able to spawn one conjure weapon at a time pick either on ally or on your self and it can be stowed and un-stowed(or used again) until its charges run out. basically giving the ele another attunement and each conjure can be summoned depending on the attunement that they are currently on( like earth shield on earth, fire axe on fire, bow on water etc.). and have like a 80-120 cd .

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

How about a new set of cojure weapons…… Sword, shield and net, a gladiator set… Mellee and crowd co troll oriented, with

1 three melee attacks, 1st damage, 2nd bleed, 3rd big damage and vulnerabillity
2 gapcloser, shield smash, dazing ennemie shortly
3 net throw capturing up to three ennemies in place and making them vulnerable, activating again pulls the ennemie towards you
4 throatgut, huge stack of bleed
5 defensive stance reducing damage taken , reflecting damage, on 2nd activation, shieldstun..

(edited by lordbachus.6091)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Conjures blocking all your attunement rotations destroys the weapon. i think one solution would be to be able to spawn one conjure weapon at a time pick either on ally or on your self and it can be stowed and un-stowed(or used again) until its charges run out. basically giving the ele another attunement and each conjure can be summoned depending on the attunement that they are currently on( like earth shield on earth, fire axe on fire, bow on water etc.). and have like a 80-120 cd .

The whole rotating through elements thing is an optional playstyle, not a defining feature of the profession. It’s definitely not something you have to do. Nor is it necessarily optimal.

But I agree that instead of 4 active utility skills they could be dropped back to one and summon a different weapon based on your current attunement. That would be sensible. Also agree that a new trait or utility passive to only summon a weapon on the ground for an ally (and not yourself) would be good. Giving players more options is almost always a good idea.

How about a new set of cojure weapons…… Sword, shield and net, a gladiator set… Mellee and crowd co troll oriented, with

Love your enthusiasm and more would be good, but the problem I’m trying to address is the current mechanics which make them less appealing. A few relatively simple (programming wise) changes could achieve that. Designing and testing more elemental weapons would be much, much, much more time consuming.

And I think if anything were to be done in that department I think perhaps underwater versions might take priority. Elementalists are perversely ill equipped for underwater combat compared to other professions and its mostly because of conjures.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Yes, conjured weapons are very weak, they should buff icebow so that skill 5 is a 10s freeze and skill 4 does even more dmg. Also Lightning Hammer should be buffed, so that every autoattack has now a blind and a blastfinisher and does more dmg. Skill 4 should be 25 vuln like the glyph of storms.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: petyr baelish.9675

petyr baelish.9675

You guys don’t do dungeon runs often do you? :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

You guys don’t do dungeon runs often do you? :p

That’s honestly nothing new. A lot of times people come looking for advice or to provide feedback and then some dude breaks in with some uber guide telling some casual guy just looking to casually run dungeons he should be in full zerk with opals and 6/6/0/2/0 as ultra uber lightning hammer excel-theory maximum dps extreme words!!!11

But I think your average dude is like, “I conjured a Fire Axe and it wasn’t very impressive.”

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

1 three melee attacks, 1st damage, 2nd bleed, 3rd big damage and vulnerabillity
2 gapcloser, shield smash, dazing ennemie shortly
3 net throw capturing up to three ennemies in place and making them vulnerable, activating again pulls the ennemie towards you
4 throatgut, huge stack of bleed
5 defensive stance reducing damage taken , reflecting damage, on 2nd activation, shieldstun..

Umm there is a conjure shield skill already.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.