Constructive Suggestions for the Next Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

So I thought I’d make this thread.

The idea is to post constructive suggestions for the next update. Since I think we could use a bit more constructive positivity in this forum. Also I would appreciate it if we didn’t have ‘L2P’ or ‘I want to quit GW2’ posts. Pessimists are welcome though!

Slightly off topic…. Incidentally, I’ve just thought of the best idea ever. We pretend that broken skills actually work/have more functionality than intended. During the next bug patch, those skills will be ‘nerfed’ into their intended and non-broken function.

e.g. – Did you know that Windborne Dagger works for staff and scepter? Keep it quiet…

Next patch update:
Windborne Dagger: This skill now only functions for daggers.
Tornado: This skill no longer causes your character to transform into a tornado (because a random change always seems to be made)

Ok, in terms of being constructive and serious….

- Maybe reduce the base cooldown of attunements? Having now put 30 points into Arcana, I am unable to wean myself off it! I think by lowering the base cooldown, it could perhaps encourage a bit more diversity? Just a random suggestion.

- Fire traits could maybe be looked at. Especially flame barrier, which is pretty awful in comparison with other minor adept traits, across both the ele and other professions.

- Firewall could use a bit of love. Perhaps allow it to open up another skill like the mesmer wall (can’t remember the name). Something that allows you to detonate it or something.

I know that they’re not strictly constructive and actually pretty awful suggestions.
I just want to get the ball rolling I guess?

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

(edited by Aiglos.2907)

in Elementalist

Posted by: mak.9027

mak.9027

This will likely be pointless, just judging from the latest patch, it’s unlikely any dev reads this forum or even plays an ele. We had plenty of “your top 3 changes” threads, and the only thing we got out of that, was making another arcana major trait useless and a fake fix to magnetic grasp. I’m losing hope to actually be constructive.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

1. First ArenaNet needs to play the Elementalist at level 80. Have them play high-end PvE zones, dungeons, WvWvW, sPvP and tPvP as Elementalist.
2. Actually fix everything that is bugged. Not destroy, but fix. (keyword: fix)
3. Change ~75% of the traits to something that’s actually fun / useful.
4. Buff elite skills.

This is about constructive as I can with suggestions for the Elementalist.
It needs serious unbugging in a lot of skills and traits. Not just claiming it is fixed in the patch list, but actually fixing it ingame. And by fixing, I mean making it work as intended, not destroy it.
They need to have a good look at Elementalist traits after fixing the buggy mess that it currently is. Then it shouldn’t be too hard to see that many of the traits are either: boring, useless, not fitting in general Elementalist gameplay.
From this they should re-think many of the traits, and turn them into something good.
Finally they should buff the Elementalist elites so they don’t make me rather want to bring a 4th utility over an elite.

If all above is too much work for ArenaNet, then I’d like to request a rollback on Evasive Arcana as a compensation for the current state Elementalists are in. I could live with that.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

(edited by Milennin.4825)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Michael.3279

Michael.3279

Bring back finishers at the end of Evasive Arcana rolls.

That is all.

I can deal with all of the other nerfs (strictly speaking from a Staff Ele perspective).

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Buff our damage & defenses IMO…

Compared to most clothie classes I have played (In every game i have played almost all of them has a mage, and i always choose mage to be my first character, in some cases the mage has been done correct, but f’d up by the developers) the damage output/Defensive input is just poorly Flawed.

The elementalist (Being known as a Mage, and a Necromancer being known as a Summoner) is just…how do i say, rubbish? the damage output is poor and in some cases we take more damage than outputting damage, this is wrong, a Mage focuses on 3 elements:

- DPS
- Defenses
- Support

I feel the cloth mechanics in GW2 seems to be poorly designed & Overlooked as is our DPS.

we are supposed to dish out the dps and take damage where as right now all we do is:

dish out a tickle and get 1-2 shotted from a Warrior or Thief.

Also, this isn’t a L2P Issue, I have mastered my Cycle and stats and can only be an annoyance to the enemy, as an elementalist, our DPS feels flawed.

just my opinion.

Stop nerfing, start buffing.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shademare.8369

Shademare.8369

suggestion:
Change Elementalist name into Flopmentalist! since they ruin Flopasive Flopcana, all we could do now is flop flip flop!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

remember that early stream when John was playing a d/d ele during headstart and was getting his kitten beat all the time..they just dnt care about ele.Balancing the game whithout completely kittening up with this class is just the best outcome we should expect..But compared to beta ele this one is just a plain ,dull imitation
My guess would be that the one guy that probably had the “gw2 ele idea” does not work in Anet now

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

This will likely be pointless, just judging from the latest patch, it’s unlikely any dev reads this forum or even plays an ele. We had plenty of “your top 3 changes” threads, and the only thing we got out of that, was making another arcana major trait useless and a fake fix to magnetic grasp. I’m losing hope to actually be constructive.

Aww I really do know what you mean hug

It’s definitely unfortunate, and it crossed my mind that I should have posted this in the warrior forum. It may have been read there

I think they probably will read this though, if only to find out what is working well for eles so that they can nerf it

We’ll see what happens though. I definitely appreciate that everyone seems to be posting honestly and with valuable input.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Constructive suggestion: Rollback the current update.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I’d be happy if they fixed the bugs they put in with this patch. It was one step sideways two steps back.