Continuous struggle against Condi classes

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Hi guys,

Ele is my only 80, I only play other classes to learn their mechanics and leave them.

So my question to you, for people playing several other classes, does other classes struggles that badly against Condi spammers.

Even with Diamond Skin, I can only get condi spammers who does not know what Diamond Skin does, all the Necros around running with Minions, when you get under %90 with first auto attack, we are eating all the condi spams and with all the internal cooldowns on our cleanse, it is not impossible to win a fight, the other guy attacks you only thing you can do cleanse/cleanse.

Same thing with engineers, grenades are really popular again lately, get the direct damage go under %90, then eat condi bomb, same with rangers, condi Mesmers….

Are all other classes suffering from Condis that much or it Ele speciality.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

First of all, don’t stop to cleanse every single little condition. It’s very often not worth your time or cooldowns.
Second, do you run ether renewal?

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

What reikken said, and on top of that, If you really want to not die vs condi spammers then just run -condi duration runes and food. poof. not a problem anymore.

Don’t complain that you gotta change stuff up either. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, in fact all classes suffer from condi pressure (with perhaps the exception of warrior) even Necromancer are hurt badly by conditions if they run no cleanse skill.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Run signet and learn to save water attunement for when its needed. Example is 5stacks torment confusion or bleed or poison.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

First of all, don’t stop to cleanse every single little condition. It’s very often not worth your time or cooldowns.

Funny how our best heal is unreliable because of too much CC.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Funny how our best heal is unreliable because of too much CC.

Yeah that’s why I run glyph, any good player with immediately interupt and on top of that you are basicly unable to do anything for those 3.5 seconds, meaning during the time you are casting that skill everyone will be able to land their burst on you since you can’t dodgeroll without losing the heal. Almost the same like an immobolize imo.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

From a Tpvp perspective :

When i meet a necro i immediately start to burst him , i pop Armor of Earth for negate his fear and i’m praying for not having corrupt boons ,
after that some dodges like a lunatic, pop my invulnerability of earth focus ,
burst him some more, arcane shield , ether renewal, dodge and burst some more and i have a good chance of down him and stomp him with mist form.

If the necro is more than decent, has full or near full DS , if i miss a good dodge or a corrupt boon is successful… well you know… i’m screwed.
for my experience for Tpvp, zerker builds with the above utils make you have a chance
of winning. I love the times when i’m stomping a heavy condi build, but its truly a hard thing to do xD

Elementalist – Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

S/D, S/F fresh air or maybe CmC’s D/D build possibily. Those are the only ele’s that give me trouble when I am on my necro. The more damage the better other wise you just can’t win a attrition fight against a necro that is decent.

Usually though the only ele’s i ever have a problem with on my necro are fresh air scepter ele’s. Cause blind is very strong

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

What reikken said, and on top of that, If you really want to not die vs condi spammers then just run -condi duration runes and food. poof. not a problem anymore.

Don’t complain that you gotta change stuff up either. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

You can if you go WARRIOR!! NOMNOMNOM

Ether Renewal is the only healing skill I’ve ever used, it never leaves my skill bar.

(edited by PSX.9250)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Not gonna lie; unless I’m playing an OP class/build, I try to remove as many condis as possible. For my sword thief (my main), that usually entails that I use Shadow Return frequently. On the other hand, if I’m playing, say, a warrior, there’s no reason for me to worry too much about removing condis (not that it matters that much, though, since they have the best condi removal in the game…). That being said, don’t use something like, say, Cleansing Flames to remove a couple of stacks of bleed.

I just dislike having condis on me (particularly large amounts of vuln, cripple, chill, weakness, and immobilize) because not removing them tends to result in some type of severe disadvantage that’ll end up killing you pretty quickly.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The best way to deal with condi spam is to go 20 into earth and use Rock Solid. Use ether renewal when you are taking a lot of DoT dmg amd have 2/3 or less health and swap to earth after a 1/2 second of the skill activating.

No one can realistically react quickly enough to interrupt during that 1/2 second, and you’ll likely have boon duration so the stability from Rock Solid will last the rest of the cast. I’d always recommend Elemental Attunement when running a spec like this, because the damage redux while casting Ether Renewal is usually necessary. If you’re going Aura’s you could potentially spec Elemental Shielding as well.

As far as other ways to deal with condi builds, it really depends on your build. Staff + Cleansing Water is good. Cleansing Water + Soothing Disruption + Cantrips is decent.

Really though you have to deal with heavy conditions in two ways, those are Cleansing Water + Multiple Regen sources or Ether Renewal + Stability.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

The best way to deal with condi spam is to go 20 into earth and use Rock Solid. Use ether renewal when you are taking a lot of DoT dmg amd have 2/3 or less health and swap to earth after a 1/2 second of the skill activating.

No one can realistically react quickly enough to interrupt during that 1/2 second, and you’ll likely have boon duration so the stability from Rock Solid will last the rest of the cast. I’d always recommend Elemental Attunement when running a spec like this, because the damage redux while casting Ether Renewal is usually necessary. If you’re going Aura’s you could potentially spec Elemental Shielding as well.

As far as other ways to deal with condi builds, it really depends on your build. Staff + Cleansing Water is good. Cleansing Water + Soothing Disruption + Cantrips is decent.

Really though you have to deal with heavy conditions in two ways, those are Cleansing Water + Multiple Regen sources or Ether Renewal + Stability.

That is normally what I do, ether renewal then earth but really good necros waiting this moment for the corrupt boon, stability gone bye bye ether renewal….

I really wish they didn’t move Elemental Att to 20 point trait, I could do much better builds against condi monsters…..

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I haven’t had trouble with condi classes 1v1 with my diamond skin build. You just have to remember that you need to heal at 90% instead of whenever you would vs. a power class. It also helps to switch up your rotations to keep your health up. Like instead of going air-fire at the start, swap to earth to get your protection up right away. Also, If it’s minions giving you trouble, remember that they are pretty easy to kill, and depending on the situation, sometimes it’s better to just focus them instead of the necro.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

I haven’t had trouble with condi classes 1v1 with my diamond skin build. You just have to remember that you need to heal at 90% instead of whenever you would vs. a power class. It also helps to switch up your rotations to keep your health up. Like instead of going air-fire at the start, swap to earth to get your protection up right away. Also, If it’s minions giving you trouble, remember that they are pretty easy to kill, and depending on the situation, sometimes it’s better to just focus them instead of the necro.

Power builds can bring me under %90 easily all sustain from Ele is not enough to bring you up to %90 and next hit you are again under %90…

All the Necro are running Flesh Golem and all the other Summons, several hits from them and you are again under %90, I try to kill them but I guess they have around 7-8 K HP it is not happening that quickly and during that Necro burst you with condis.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

If you don’t have the burst and reaction to counter condition spammers like necro then try the focus offhand. It completely counter all condition based players… Well probably with the exception of a constantly steathing Mesmer that let his clones do most of the job for him.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carlos.4371

Carlos.4371

@OP
Make your weakness to a strentgh, direct damage is easier kite and eat than fighting sturdy condition spammers – take Eternal Renewal and some cleanse against conditions, pressure them too so they have to slow down their output.

You said “even with diamond skin”….just don’t use it ^^ The problem with it is, that you will get under 90% in a second and that trait will get totally useless. Earth is quite problematic if you spend too much points there. Instead, spend those points on different traitlines, for some damage, Arcane or on Water for cleanse.

After some time with the Elementalist it should generally not be hard to get along with condition spammers, just a normal fight like any other.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Power builds can bring me under %90 easily all sustain from Ele is not enough to bring you up to %90 and next hit you are again under %90…

All the Necro are running Flesh Golem and all the other Summons, several hits from them and you are again under %90, I try to kill them but I guess they have around 7-8 K HP it is not happening that quickly and during that Necro burst you with condis.

You’re concerned about the condi burst coming from a power build? What?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It should just be necro’s or the occasional condi Mesmer that should give you trouble. I wouldn’t make drastic build changes for terror necro’s or condi mesmers. It really is about Dps against necro’s. Even Dps meditation guards do better against necro’s instead of the traditional guardian builds.

If you don’t have Dps you can’t get past death shroud if you can’t break through death shroud you won’t ever win.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

The solution is a healthy amount of condition cleanses and some pressure (burst DPS done by you).