Cooldown Tracking talk

Cooldown Tracking talk

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abraxadrian.1769

Abraxadrian.1769

Hello, maybe this has been touched before, i dunno.

I have played an elementalist from day one, about 11 months ago. Im leveling an engineer right now, because out of all the other classes, is the only one that has that sort of “jack of al trades” feel that the ele has.

The thing is, cooldown tracking between all the “weapon sets” on the engi is easy, cause kits dont have a cooldown and switching doesnt punish you at all if some ability you wanted to use on that set was on cooldown. Totally different things with elementalist atunemments: if you atune too early, you can get stuck on an atunement that maybe was only worth for the ability you cant use in that moment.

So, originally i wanted to open this thread to ask for a way for us elementalist to keep better track of our cooldowns: Something that allow us to see the cooldowns on an atunement without actually changing to that atunemment or getting any benefits from it, like some sort of ability lock out that still lets us check that atunement even tough we cant use it.

Having said that, i would like to know how cooldown tracking works on the overall desing of the classes. Since engineer is the onlyone who can change between weaponsets with a minimal cooldown, do the developers want this to be like that cause of balance between classes? Like…been able to see our cooldowns per atunement on the elementalist would give us some sort of “unfair advantage”?

I would like to know the comunity´s opinion on cooldown tracking between clases.

Sorry for my english, not my mother tongue.

Cooldown Tracking talk

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

A-net persists on keeping UI as uninformative as posible to promote mindless spammy gameplay. So while such thing as CD tracking (amongst many other things) would be nice, we aren’t going to get it.

Cooldown Tracking talk

in Elementalist

Posted by: Barquiel.5610

Barquiel.5610

If your looking for “timers” I’m sure you could find say a addon of some kind that you could overlay on the game that you could use. However if they ever found out you were using it, you would get banned. I’m pretty sure with some google skills you could find somthing.

Potenkon Zombieland [WvW]

Cooldown Tracking talk

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s a matter of practice. After 2 years, I’ve pretty much got a timer in my head for when stuff will be ready. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be nice though. I can imagine something like a GUI element with 3 greyed out skill bars and 1 colored for the active element. Add the recharge numbers on that and you’d be set.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Cooldown Tracking talk

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Honestly I prefer it as it is.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube