Core FA Buff

Core FA Buff

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

This is bad for a couple reasons.
1. the skill has no animation and is instant making it strong already
2. Core FA ele is not viable because of its lack of mobility outside combat and its unreliable burst damage.

What I would do is
1. reduce recharge of pheonix to 12s
2. reduce fiery greatsword to 60s (map mobility and dps potential)
3. reduce cast time of dragon tooth or make it so dodgeroll or stun/daze doesnt cancel the skill
4. increase water auto attack damage by 10%
5. increase damage of shatterstone by 150-200%

Bad Elementalist

Core FA Buff

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

T2. reduce fiery greatsword to 60s

I like this one.

I don’t think shatterstone needs to hit as hard as eviscerate (yet. give it a couple more years). but a 50% damage boost would be reasonable.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Core FA Buff

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

This is bad for a couple reasons.
1. the skill has no animation and is instant making it strong already
2. Core FA ele is not viable because of its lack of mobility outside combat and its unreliable burst damage.

What I would do is
1. reduce recharge of pheonix to 12s
2. reduce fiery greatsword to 60s (map mobility and dps potential)
3. reduce cast time of dragon tooth or make it so dodgeroll or stun/daze doesnt cancel the skill
4. increase water auto attack damage by 10%

Phoenix hits extremely hard on its own (don’t deny it), and the burst it can do in combination with Lightning Strike and the trait proc is a crazy amount of damage. It’s really as high as I would suggest ever making burst go for any professions, so we should be asking for nerfs to GS Mesmers/Warriors and other massive burst damage specs. Pheonix could use a CD reduction and be made more as a utility skill than a burst skill, which means it need a damage nerf. Making Dragon’s Tooth hit more reliably will help compensate for the damage drop. Dragon’s Tooth should really just be instant and drop after a 1, maybe 1.5 seconds, because this ability is meant to do damage. Phoenix should do some damage, but it should be more utility than damage. With all that said. Phoenix changes I’d like to see:

- 15 second CD
- Cut damage by 50%
- Faster travel time
- Cures 2 conditions

There could be a condition aspect to it too. Let’s say it gains 10% damage for each target it hits up to 50%. The phoenix gains the damage bonus from contact with a target before it does damage, so this makes sure that it doesn’t hit one target and then next one takes 10% more damage. The first one would take the 10% bonus damage as well. These changes, along with a more reliable Dragon’s Tooth, will make Scepter more threatening in Fire.

In Water, Shatterstone shouldn’t exceed a 75% damage buff. I agree that the AA could use a small buff.

Air is fine. The AA was buffed, and it’s the attunement with the shortest CDs and can be refreshed with ease and used frequently.

Earth could use some changes. The follow up of #2 is far too similar to the AA, and the AA is too similar to the Water AA. If anything should change, the AA should just be redesigned so that it’s actually unique and interesting. If the projectile aspect is kept, then the Water AA should be unreflectable, but Earth AA should remain reflectable. Think of it as ice shards that pierce any defences.