Counter to 100 blades

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: noobdestroyer.4271

noobdestroyer.4271

How do you sucesfully counter that bullkitten100 blades skill when stunned?

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

mist form or if midget race, pain inverter

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

noobdestroyer.4271

What is pain inverter? I have seen it in the skills but never used it?

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

Stunbreak -> Dodge.
Lightning Aura.
Blind them.
Knockback (Updraft/Gust) or Knockdown.
Obsidian Flesh.
Arcane Shield.
Lightning Flash (Also a stunbreak).

If you’re stunned without a stunbreak you’re basically boned. Carry more than one :p

Potaters!

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

noobdestroyer.4271

what spec is that s/d or d/g or staff?

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Lightning flash is my goto “Oh kitty” skill. It is so versatile that I always have it on my bar. I mean, it can be used…

1. Offensively — because it doesn’t interrupt spell casting.

2. Defensively — To escape an attack while stunned, knocked down, or whatever.

3. Travel — Move around faster.

You really can’t beat it IMO.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

Ultimate counter to 100 blades and any other stun and burst attack:

Tempest Defense.

Grandmaster Air trait. It puts up shocking aura automatically when you get cc’d. So funny to see how hard it coutners those kinds of builds. Really messes up their mojo. It actually works even better if they try and catch you off-guard. They won’t expect an auto-counter.

Also note, it counts as an aura in every way. I highly suggest Zephyr’s Boon with this trait. So, next time a warrior tries to CC+100B you, he gets stunned, and you have 10 seconds of fury and swiftness to make him really regret that he ever tried.

Very very underappreciated trait.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

noobdestroyer.4271

Cant wait to try this when i get home. I already own it on most days on SPVP, now that i will have better counters I should get at the top of the leaderboard quite alot.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nicomachiavelli.3046

Nicomachiavelli.3046

Tempest Defense.

Gave you a +1. Most of the time that 100b poses a problem for me, they’re using quickness, and it’s difficult to react. Auto-counters really help.

As for me, I generally enter a fight after it starts. People tend to front-load their damage, so if you hang back for a bit, you can avoid a lot of AoE spells and burst attacks. A warrior can’t quickness/charge/100b you if it’s already on cooldown. Let a guardian absorb that while you lay in waiting.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

noobdestroyer.4271

do you know what their cooldown is on 100kittens. Ive never played warrior

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

Less than 10 seconds, probably around 6-8.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

8 second cooldown

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

I’m sorry, I had to come in here and lol at 100kittens. The filter does make me laugh sometimes

Err 8 seconds according to wiki? Probably lower with a ’20% lower recharge" trait.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Very short, expect it multiple times a fight.

Edit: added some utterly useless filler text in order to avoid forum infraction.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nicomachiavelli.3046

Nicomachiavelli.3046

Bull’s Charge, though, is what stuns you. That’s on a 40 second timer.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

noobdestroyer.4271

When I say it its not a filter. I just like the phrase so much I hard type it in

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

If D/D a quick Shocking Aura stops them right in their tracks. Otherwise, bring Lightning Flash, or some other stun break. I like LF because I don’t have to dodge after.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Tempest Defense.

Grandmaster Air trait. It puts up shocking aura automatically when you get cc’d. So funny to see how hard it coutners those kinds of builds. Really messes up their mojo. It actually works even better if they try and catch you off-guard. They won’t expect an auto-counter.

Also note, it counts as an aura in every way. I highly suggest Zephyr’s Boon with this trait. So, next time a warrior tries to CC+100B you, he gets stunned, and you have 10 seconds of fury and swiftness to make him really regret that he ever tried.

Very very underappreciated trait.

Shocking Aura is better.
Lower CD, and you dont need to heavily invest in Air (and can be cast while stunned)

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

Shocking Aura is better.
Lower CD, and you dont need to heavily invest in Air (and can be cast while stunned)

Well, having BOTH is the best. The trait mainly protects you from suprise attacks, as it will always block the first hit, even if you are completely unaware of your enemy. Then, once you’re engaged with him, you can use the skill shocking aura when needed. If you try to just do shocking aura manually, you’ll probably take a few hits first, and that hurts a lot.

But if I had to pick one, I’d pick the trait. As Ele’s, we have a lot to think about when fighting. Having an ace this powerful up your sleeve that requires no attention on your part is a valueable asset. While the 90 sec cooldown does sound quite harsh, I find in practice it throws your average 100b user so far off their game that you don’t need it twice in one fight. Think about it. They’re used to opening the fight by taking a massive chunk of their enemies health bar off with this combo. Instead, they blow their cooldowns and stun themselves on you while YOU unload on them. They’re immedately on defensive in a big way. It’s a ridiculously hard counter.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

As a warrior let me tell you that you always need to roll away from where the warrior is facing. If you side dodge you will still get hit by 3-4 hits.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

noobdestroyer.4271

So I switched up from my normal (healing support cc buff, debuff role on Staff) last night to S/D and D/D Full DPS Spec Full Air traits Tempest.

Couldnt get to the top with the most kills but it definately works. Have to press a lot of buttons really quick to get enough burst dps to get the job done.

But I wasnt dying to the 100kittens and Kitten Seeker Spammers nearly as much. Still need alot of practice and in D/D spec but im getting there.

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

Earthquake, and burst. Guess what, they’re taking 50% more damage. If they use endure pain just lightning flash/mist form and kite. Then it’s over…warriors are one of the easiest classes in the game to beat as an ele =/

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

Since it was asked for

(traited forceful greatsword, anyone running a gs spec with half a brain will have this traited)

Hundred Blades = 6.4 secs.
Whirling attack = 8 secs.
Blade trail (the ranged weapon throw)= 12 secs.
Rush = 16 secs.
Bolas = 20 secs (16 secs w/ physical training)
Bull charge = 40 secs (32 secs w/ physical training)
Frenzy = 60 secs.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

But if I had to pick one, I’d pick the trait. As Ele’s, we have a lot to think about when fighting. Having an ace this powerful up your sleeve that requires no attention on your part is a valueable asset. While the 90 sec cooldown does sound quite harsh, I find in practice it throws your average 100b user so far off their game that you don’t need it twice in one fight.

Until that time you got randomly stunned or CC’d by something 30 seconds ago and it’s on cooldown for when you actually need it to stop the damage that’s going to kill you.

The problem with proc-based defence is that you have no control at all over when it’s up or down. Sometimes it’ll proc in your favour and save your bacon, but most of the time it’ll proc off some random event and you’ll be SOL when you need it.

This may sound harsh, but if you can’t use active defence to save yourself then you need to improve your play until you can. Passive defence isn’t terrible as a second or third layer in case you’re out of cooldowns or whatever, but just banking on having your 90s cd available for that time you need it, out of all the times you’ll get CC’d a bit and not need it, is immensely foolish.

Good builds have redundancy options.

Potaters!

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Bulls charge + balanced stance + 100 blades will defeat your shocking aura or auto shocking aura.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Counter to 100 blades

in Elementalist

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Truth, but I never see Warrior’s pop all of theikittenlls at once just for one 100B to go off. Also, many take bola, bull’s, and endure pain. I don’t see Balanced Stance too terribly often.

You can still break stun and dodge away from the Bull’s. Not that difficult, and Lightning Flash makes it even easier.