Create Your New Elite Skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

If you were a developer and could design your own elite skill for your Elementalist, what would it be?

-Name of Ability
-Description of Ability
-Ability Type
-Cast time
-Cooldown

-Rage of Balthazar
-Your body engulfs into flames, burning foe’s around you. Your body emit’s a blast nova of intense heat every second for 10 seconds; dealing direct damage and inflicting burning.
-Aura
-Instant
-60 seconds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Choose an utility instead of an elite.

Who´s with me?

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

same – want the option to put a utility in an elite slot.

i’d rather have a decent damage low cooldown ability, or add arcane shield to 3 cantrips, then imitate a twister without the redneck to say i’m like a freight train.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

I vote for some of old elem elite skills from gw1 WOULD LOVE TO SEE:

Savannah heat: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Savannah_Heat

Elementalist Attunment: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Elemental_Attunement.jpg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

I, for one, would love to see a lower cooldown elite skill as certain other profession have.

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Who´s with me?

Agreed, our utilities are amazing compared to our elites.

PS: That doesn’t mean they should nerf our utilities but rather buff our elites

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

-Name of Ability
Human Trebuchet

-Description of Ability
Gain a bundle which has the same controls as a Trebuchet. When you launch the bundle, the elementalist and the 5 nearest allies are launched into the air like a treb shot, dealing massive damage on impact. However, unless you strike an enemy, everyone launched will die on impact.

-Cast time
20s

-Cooldown
120s

Elementalist’s version of portal! :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

-Name of Ability
Human Trebuchet

-Description of Ability
Gain a bundle which has the same controls as a Trebuchet. When you launch the bundle, the elementalist and the 5 nearest allies are launched into the air like a treb shot, dealing massive damage on impact. However, unless you strike an enemy, everyone launched will die on impact.

-Cast time
20s

-Cooldown
120s

Elementalist’s version of portal! :P

hahahahahhahaah!!!! would definitly have a lot fun with that!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anadur.4832

Anadur.4832

Let us put an utility skill there instead ( or make a decent elit skill)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

Who´s with me?

+1

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

Master of Magic
– Gain quickness. For the next [Some time], activating an attunement no longer gives an extended cooldown on the previous one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

Master of Magic
– Gain quickness. For the next [Some time], activating an attunement no longer gives an extended cooldown on the previous one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

well, Elite Skills are probably our weakest spot, they are so poor that 95% of us are stuck with Glyph of Elementals.
As short-period remedy, I’d go for the ability to equip any utility in the Elite slot, but it would be way better, in the long run, to have cool, powerful, ultimate powers worth the name ELITE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

Master of Elements: cooldown 140sec casting time 6sec

Fire: Solar Flare (240) radius) blast enemies with a blast of Solar Energy
Water: Glacial Blast (240 radius) create a blast of frozen water causing chill for 4 seconds
Air: Call down a Bolt of Lightning that hits a single enemy and any enemy within 100 range for 33% dmg
Earth: Quicksand (240 radius) create a pool of quicksand making enemies immobile and weak for 3 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

I propose a change to a current Elite: Make the elemental
permanent until dismissed or destroyed (like a Hunters Pet).

I do agree about the other 2 Elites being lackluster, and will have
to give some more thought into that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I have to say I’ve been enjoying Tornado in dungeons, when there’s a bunch of foes I press 1 and the lightning bounces around doing tons of damage, or I use 2 for alot of blind to help lower their damage

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Wield 2 elements at the same time increasing all damage by 50% and unlocking a 5th element based off your highest trait line. Fire or Air having 30 points give X, Water or Earth Give Y, Arcane gives Z. If you have 30 points in more than one tree outside of the combos above, it would default to the one higher on the list (fire over water for example) 2min cooldown, 10 second duration.

This way you can use your current lines if you want for the increased damage bonus and could freely switch to the 5th line if you wanted for new abilities.

Now as for the 15 skills, /shrug. Some spells I’d like to see are:

A longer range, higher damage dragon breath.
A magma flow that pushes back all targets in front of you if they’re within 600 yards and snares everyone 600-900 yards including the people it pushed back.
An ice clone that mirrored your abilities but did 25% of the damage.
A single, bright, shocking attack that does high damage, knocks down, and makes you vuln.

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

There is allot that could be added, that would have a more “mage feel” to
it than currently. For instance, when I think of invisibility and mirror images,
I think of a Mage, but those skills went to a Mesmer. Maybe its my fault
in considering an Ele a typical mage.

Mesmers seem more like an Illusionist, while the Ele seems to be the wizards
or mages prototypes, and yet there are many traditional mage concepts that
they dont have.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benjamim.9120

Benjamim.9120

There is allot that could be added, that would have a more “mage feel” to
it than currently. For instance, when I think of invisibility and mirror images,
I think of a Mage, but those skills went to a Mesmer. Maybe its my fault
in considering an Ele a typical mage.

Mesmers seem more like an Illusionist, while the Ele seems to be the wizards
or mages prototypes, and yet there are many traditional mage concepts that
they dont have.

I agree with you… i chose elementalist because i had the feeling that Ele would sound like mage/wizard, but somehow i got disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, i love the mobility from a D/D Ele. But I would love to cast massive burst spells with my staff with some good range =)…..

Well i feel like Ele have inherited a lot of cons from classes mages/wizards like squishness and long cooldown (we need to put a lot of our traits in arcane to compensate this) but not their pros like their ability to burst at range, deceives…….

Playing with a “caster” class at melee range is kinda tricky and kinda forces you to build bunker to not get killed with one shot…

Srry for my bad english =)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

-Name of Ability: The Glow
-Description of Ability:
You harmonize with the elements of the world and enter a stage of high conentration for 30 secs. You first five skills will changed to :
Fire Kick: You do a low spin kick and send a firey arc at the enemy 900 range.
If in fire attument: Fire Wall: Send a fire wall at you enemy. It will pas trough enemy. Enemy it pass throug burn. 900 range.
Water spring: You shoot out a bouncing wave of water. Enemys hit get dmg allys gain Vigro and regenration. 900 range.
If in water attument: Tidel Wave: You summone a big wave of water allys it pass through get healed and gain Vigro and regeneration. Enemys hit by the wave take dmg and get crippled for 1 sec. 1200 range.
Charged Air: You shoot out a chraged cloud. Causing Vulnerability and Weakness. 900 range.
In air attument: Invoke Lightning: You dmg up to 3 near by fos and cause Vulnerability and Weakness. If the enemy the enemy stands close enough together the lightning jumps over causing 50% of the dmg again and applying Vulnerability. 900 range. 200 jump range.
Boulder Smash: You throw a boulder an enemy dazing them and dealing dmg. 900 range.
In earth attument: Obsidian Flame: You dmg the enemy and cause bleeding and Vulnerarbility. 900
-Ability Type : Transform
-Cast time: 1/2 for the first cast. Abilitys have 1/4 cast time. Abilitys in Attument have 1/2 cast time.
-Cooldown 90 sec. for the transfrom. Abilitys are non CD if non the attunet version. The Attunt version have 4 sec CD.

Blub.

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

Agreed Benjamim. I think its stilly that the most popular
and one of the most effective builds is a “melee” caster (d/d)
as opposed to a spell caster wizard/mage.

Whats even worse, a good one can survive longer in a group
of enemies than a warrior.

A Warrior is my other level 80, and I decided to run a Rifle build
with him, because if I wanted to really feel like a bunker I would
resort to a d/d ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Most of the ideas mentioned here are too complex to be implemented. Why not try working with what’s already out there?

Like maybe, an elite version of the Ice Bow? Or a controllable elemental á la the powersuit (only playable)?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: funinfrance.4362

funinfrance.4362

Elementalist ultimatum
- For 5 seconds gain haste and attunement swap has no cooldown. (Does not affect utility skills).

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

Most of the ideas mentioned here are too complex to be implemented. Why not try working with what’s already out there?

Like maybe, an elite version of the Ice Bow? Or a controllable elemental á la the powersuit (only playable)?

Probably true, but I think some changes can be made to utility skills without too
hassle (mainly to the 4 conjurer skills which I talk about in another post). I just want
to see more VIABLE options as opposed to using the same core utility skills all of
the time. That could probably be said for other classes as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mahanaxar.1386

Mahanaxar.1386

Let’s Go To The Mall!!!
-Description: Everyone stops fighting and goes to the mall to get rad graffiti jackets, hang out, and talk about boys. And don’t forget the robot!
-Ability Type: Escape
-Cast time: 10-20 minutes depending on traffic
-Cooldown: Today!

Relentless Raven, 80 Warrior
Robin Sparklies, 80 Elementalist
Crimethink [ct] – Yak’s Bend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Elemental Arcana
- 180s CD

Accordingly to the element you’re using, you can activate a powerful elemental attack

1) Fire
-Flame Pillar= 3k base dmg, 6s burning+5s cripple PBAoE blast, 360 radius
2) Water
-Ice prison= 2k base dmg, 5s chilling+ 10 stacks of vulnerability for 20s, 1.5k base healing PBAoE, 360 radius
3) Air
-Lightning rage= 4k base dmg, 2s daze + 15s weakness, PBAoE
4) Earth
- Earth’s embrace= 2k base dmg, 10 stacks of bleeding for 20s + 5s protection, PBAoE and 360 range

Base dmg and base ehaling scale accordingly to your pow/heal/prec level

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

Flame Pillar would be awesome. Makes me think of the pen and paper
games with the classic mage spells. Pillar of Flame, Wall of Stone/Ice,
Mass Invisibility, etc.

I liked Block of Ice (whatever name was) from the mages in WOW, in where they froze themselves and I think regenerated. Speaking of that, those fire and ice mages really
felt like you were playing a specced mage!

in Elementalist

Posted by: sallost.6875

sallost.6875

Maybe it would be nice to have some sort of elite signet, that works with charges like some sigils do. Cooldown and damage/ utility of the skill scale up with the amount of charges you let it gather. Think like the charging mechanic but more passive and on the background.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

• Arcane Beam
  • Arcana Channel pure energy through you towards your enemy. Effect varies depending on your current attunement.
  • Fire: Ticks for X amount of damage every half second to your target and nearby foes and addss 0.5s burning every tick.
  • Water: Chills Y the target and every enemy around him for 1s every second. Grants 2s of vigor to allies near your target every second and heals allies for X every second
  • Air: Ticks for Z amount of damage and adds 2 stacks of vulnurability for 10s every 0.5 seconds. (single target)
  • Earth: Ticks for Y amount of damage and adds 2 seconds of cripple and 3 stacks of bleeding for 9 seconds every second to your foe and nearby enemies.
  • 1200 range
  • 4s casttime
  • 60s cooldown

Damage = Z > X > Y

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

That beam idea reminds me of Diablo 3, and I like it. Even though I will
never touch that game again (for reasons we all know).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Arcane Overload

Arcane: Blast nearby foes with energy for critical damage, applying stun to all foes affected for 4 seconds.

• Damage: 742
  • Self Vulnerability (6 seconds): 5% incoming damage
  • Radius: 360
  • Cast time: 1.25 seconds
  • Cooldown: 120 seconds

(edited by Malcastus.6240)