Crit damage staff elementalist build(looking)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystic.4805

Mystic.4805

Hi, I’m looking for a high crit damage staff build, producing as much damage as possible while having some survivals. Not berserker. I remember people were posting a video of Woodenpotatoes with his elementalist build which I found quite nice. It had two versions, pve and fractals, and it was mainly Arcane build. Anyone got the link?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

in Elementalist

Mystic.4805

I…I think. I could have sworn he had a staff build showing the ice spike skill and also explaining that the build offers extra 10% damage while traiting to water..
On another manner, he is so funny when he says dagger dagger :P

in Elementalist

Mystic.4805

Ok…Inspired by his video…This is the build I have made for high fractals:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|6.1p.0|0.0.0.0.0.0|1g.a7.1g.a7.1c.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7|1i.67.1i.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.8g.67|0.p51.0.f5.u58b|0.0|1m.1r.1q.1v.29|e
Do you think I have enough survivability? Do you think I have enough damage?
P.S Soldiers and Knights are there due to money. :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

For high fractals (30+) I use a staff and armor depending on the group.

For random groups I like to use P/T/V and for guild groups I use berserker. It really depends on if your group can protect you or not.

For the traits I run 0-10-0-30-30. The 30 points in water really help with your damage output and survivability. Especially Powerful Aura combined with Magnetic Aura help a lot in most fractals.

I guess you have to try your build and see if it is good enough. I personally don’t like burst builds for high fractals because the enemies have a lot of HP and won’t die quickly.

in Elementalist

Mystic.4805

I notived that i have a very low crit chance with this build. Which ways do i have to gain fury/perma fury?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Arcane 5pt trait gives you near-permanent Fury on its own, provided you swap often. A trick I like to do is cast Meteor Shower, swap to water mid cast, use Ice Spike and the switch to Air for a Blinding Surge…if your enemies are lined up, this means a lot of Meteor Shower crits with the added vulnerability from Ice Spike. Quite a nice damage combo.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Entragian.2057

Entragian.2057

I recommend Runes of rage (+20% fury duration and 5% chance to gain 30 seconds of fury on any hit – which seems to proc all the time – and 30 seconds is a lifetime!)

i have a combo of PVT gear with cavaliers trinkets & a Berzerker weapon – this gives me around 70% crit dmg and around 25% crit chance. With perma fury im criting every other hit.

I watch ALOT of woodenpotatoes vids and my build is inspired by his recent arcane build with some alterations. i use both d/d and staff for fractals and dungeons depending on the encounter. the crits are generally better with dagger obviously because of Zephyrs Boon but its still tolerable with the staff.. and the staff only really comes into play when i dont trust my dodging skills on a certain encounter or where its much more beneficial to be at range (such as Jade Maw)

Sigil of Intelligence is also really useful, free crit on atunement swap. which if we are playing correctly will be VERY often. combine this with Runes of rage and arcane skills and you’ll get extremely frequent criticals with a relatively low critical chance. allowing you to throw those points into something else (such as crit damage)

in Elementalist

Mystic.4805

I recommend Runes of rage (+20% fury duration and 5% chance to gain 30 seconds of fury on any hit – which seems to proc all the time – and 30 seconds is a lifetime!)

i have a combo of PVT gear with cavaliers trinkets & a Berzerker weapon – this gives me around 70% crit dmg and around 25% crit chance. With perma fury im criting every other hit.

I watch ALOT of woodenpotatoes vids and my build is inspired by his recent arcane build with some alterations. i use both d/d and staff for fractals and dungeons depending on the encounter. the crits are generally better with dagger obviously because of Zephyrs Boon but its still tolerable with the staff.. and the staff only really comes into play when i dont trust my dodging skills on a certain encounter or where its much more beneficial to be at range (such as Jade Maw)

Sigil of Intelligence is also really useful, free crit on atunement swap. which if we are playing correctly will be VERY often. combine this with Runes of rage and arcane skills and you’ll get extremely frequent criticals with a relatively low critical chance. allowing you to throw those points into something else (such as crit damage)

Rage runes are a good shout, however im kind of hurt changing my ruby orbs… They gove me so much damage…:/ us in high fractals
I am trying not to get hit, which might means the 5% chance might be bad for me?

Oh and the ice spike idea is nice! Will try that.