Criticize my glass cannon build please!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yuna.3512

Yuna.3512

I made this build a long time ago, since I never could find one that fitted my needs. What I was going for was the most damage possible with a staff in WvW zerg vs zerg enviorment. No roaming,1vs1 or anything like that.

So if you could take a look and tell me if I could change anything that would cause me to deal more damage, that would be great! I’m aware that mist form and lightning flash do not contribute to more damage, but I would like to keep those!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmkbzR2wjDABFEwg4hFN4QRRO7A-jExAJviox2GKiGruGT5SEVLFQELAA-w

I basically use full berserker gear and food. My staff uses superior sigil of force, I’m not sure if that’s the best option though?

Remember this is a 95% glass cannon build!! So no support (other than the raw staff spells), no extra hp nothing like that!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The build is great for glass cannon staff. Sigil of force is awesome too but I’m sure you would love sigil of fire on your staff more for more aeo burst.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

20 points in Arcana is a must (mainly for Blasting Staff) but I prefer Elemental Attunement instead of Renewing Stamina. You loose vigor but gain offensive and defensive boons. It’s up to you though, if you can handle less Endurance it’s worth a try.

I don’t like 30 points in Air. 30 points in Fire instead should work much better. Here is the difference:

Air:

• Precision +100 (ok but your Critical Chance is already pretty high)
  • Critical Damage +10% (always nice)
  • Weak Spot (really bad trait)
  • Air Training (ok although I don’t think Air deals that much damage if you use a staff)

Fire:

• Power +100 (always good)
  • Condition Duration +10% (extremely strong for both offense and defense)
  • Burning Rage (basically perma +5% damage in zerg fights)
  • Persisting Flames (really high fury uptime and more Lava Font damage)
    or
  • Pyromancer’s Puissance (good if you don’t have enough Might stacks during a fight)

Playing around with Arcane Lightning + Arcane Blast is also worth a try. Depending on your Critical Chance this can increase the damage output a lot. You will lose some Critical Chance and Burning damage though (which isn’t as big of a deal in zergs).

Glyph of Elemental Harmony is another skill I would suggest.

The gear looks good to me. Try Superior Sigil of Bloodlust if you don’t die.

Check if there is better food after changing your build. I like effect X after a kill a lot. There are other good alternatives if you don’t kill your opponents fast enough.