D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Just some better fights I had one night with a fellow DD condi ele Bad Elementalist.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Not bad gameplay on our part. We should probably learn to stack bleeds better since we cant apply higher hitting burns.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

I really like the names of your chat tabs

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Cool vid. I’m a big fan of D/D

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Even I can do better condi damage than this.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Even I can do better condi damage than this.

on ele?

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

iAmTheDuke.6201

The first fight was kind of lame and really shouldn’t of put it on there but it does show that the build can take a hit. I also have been solo roaming the past couple of days and have good results in 1 v X. I’ll be sure to post them.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Dearest ArenaNet,

[VR] has just handed you the perfect example of what’s wrong with the game at the moment. Specifically Runes of Perplexity.

The stacks of confusion that Runes of Perplexity put on the enemy in each of these depicted fights, coupled with the amount of game play mistakes made by the recording player, just goes to show how much these runes can and will carry any player, of any class, of any skill level.

I dread to think what potential these runes have, if they were in the hands of talented players. Thankfully, the talented players are also the ones who refuse to stoop.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Want to be part of the condi meta?
Consider [VR]

xo, Jam

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Dearest ArenaNet,

[VR] has just handed you the perfect example of what’s wrong with the game at the moment. Specifically Runes of Perplexity.

The stacks of confusion that Runes of Perplexity put on the enemy in each of these depicted fights, coupled with the amount of game play mistakes made by the recording player, just goes to show how much these runes can and will carry any player, of any class, of any skill level.

I dread to think what potential these runes have, if they were in the hands of talented players. Thankfully, the talented players are also the ones who refuse to stoop.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Want to be part of the condi meta?
Consider [VR]

xo, Jam

Dunno why you’re raging dude. Sounds like you’re kitten that you are terrible at ele.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

You know what’s sad brosefs?

Compare your video and the amount of skill it takes to this one from a condition warrior in my guild solo roaming:

Kitten’s just out of whack, the need to significantly up our pathetic condition state or just scrap it entirely.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

Nice vid.

You guys should try run with a set of conjured weapons.

The Earth Shield is amusing on a Condi Ele with Perplex runes. The Frost Bow is pretty solid too if you need additional bleeds. And you can summon two.

But I honestly dont see anything wrong with perplex runes on an Ele, just dont hit them with a channel/chain when shocking aura is up. The other interrupts arent really all that spammable. I actually find Grenth Runes better for condi eles, especially if you’re running ER.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Can you turn the icons back on for each condition?
I can’t tell bleed from burn. Or cripple from chill.

The main problems we face are that the durations are all extremely low, and if we want condition duration and damage, going 30 fire and 30 earth, means you can’t swap back and forth, and basically have a spec that can’t even perform. Fresh Air would have to continue in those 2 attunements at the 30 point mark for each attunement. ie. Fresh Fire/Earth variants.

Other than duration, and horrible spec. options to make such a build, all of the applications can easily miss due to simple kiting from the enemy because they are all ground AoE, and channeled. Churning Earth is amazing, but it takes forever. Most of the time you try to use it, it is easily interrupted, or you get bombarded with various AoEs/ incoming conditions trying to get it to go off.

I said it before that I think cond. damage and duration should both be in earth or fire exclusively. Fire would make more sense, since earth fits toughness better. But you still need both trees to maximize a condition build.

If we could bump everything to a min of 5s, instead of 1-3s, we’d be doing a lot better. 5s of CC conditions: shocking aura, magnetic aura. 5s blinds would mean we can’t be easily kited while receiving damage. 5s of burn and cripple.

And lastly, the range on most of the conditions is far too short. Water 3 in dagger main-hand doesn’t do much of anything. Both auras can be waited out in dagger off-hand. We spend more time using these auras for traited protection and fury, than for their cc potential. Air 15 is great. Why can’t the cripple from earth, and flame blast effect from 15 in earth/fire have the same range coefficients? So we can keep up the pressure. Plus the fact that dagger earth 3 misses countless times, despite the wiki stating that it’s unblockable. This needs to be 1200, and actually unblockable. I’m not saying you should be able to land it through immunities or stability, though.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

The main problems we face are that the durations are all extremely low, and if we want condition duration and damage, going 30 fire and 30 earth, means you can’t swap back and forth, and basically have a spec that can’t even perform. Fresh Air would have to continue in those 2 attunements at the 30 point mark for each attunement. ie. Fresh Fire/Earth variants.

Other than duration, and horrible spec. options to make such a build, all of the applications can easily miss due to simple kiting from the enemy because they are all ground AoE, and channeled. Churning Earth is amazing, but it takes forever. Most of the time you try to use it, it is easily interrupted, or you get bombarded with various AoEs/ incoming conditions trying to get it to go off.

I said it before that I think cond. damage and duration should both be in earth or fire exclusively. Fire would make more sense, since earth fits toughness better. But you still need both trees to maximize a condition build.

If we could bump everything to a min of 5s, instead of 1-3s, we’d be doing a lot better. 5s of CC conditions: shocking aura, magnetic aura. 5s blinds would mean we can’t be easily kited while receiving damage. 5s of burn and cripple.

And lastly, the range on most of the conditions is far too short. Water 3 in dagger main-hand doesn’t do much of anything. Both auras can be waited out in dagger off-hand. We spend more time using these auras for traited protection and fury, than for their cc potential. Air 15 is great. Why can’t the cripple from earth, and flame blast effect from 15 in earth/fire have the same range coefficients? So we can keep up the pressure. Plus the fact that dagger earth 3 misses countless times, despite the wiki stating that it’s unblockable. This needs to be 1200, and actually unblockable. I’m not saying you should be able to land it through immunities or stability, though.

Being kited around always happens when you play d/d regardless of if you play with conditions. I wish Anet would increase the radius of some of our skills. Earth 3 misses alot because it has a slow animation and many times they get out of range. Realistically though, none of these are going to change anytime soon. the increased cripple duration would help, but that would be “TOO OP” for an ele to have based on how dumb Anet can be sometimes. I disagree about the duration and damage being in the same trait line. They need to make the auto attack stack 2-3 bleeds each hit and not just one. If we had a more reliable way to stack bleeds on the enemy the build would be pretty good. The upkeep on burn is decent enough with no condition duration. Using perplexity is pretty cheese as well, but it takes a little bit more skill to interrupt targets as we have cast times and have to be right next to our opponent. The runes are not broken; confusion is broken. It needs a 1 second ICD so it is more in line with the other conditions. This build has a constant 700-800 burn on the enemy and the rest of the condition damage comes from confusion and stacking a couple bleeds every so often. Duo roaming as 2 condi ele’s actually isn’t that great because a large portion of the damage is done from burns that only stack in duration. I think what really screwed duke in this video was lack of stability and lack of condi removal (he was running like remove chill on dodge roll trait and 20% extra damage in water). Is this build reliant on perplexity? yes. If a 15 second icd is placed on the rune will it affect ele as much as other classes? no. I will probably still run them even after the nerf.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yea ele condition builds are hard to pull off. One of the condition build that worked for me was a perm-burn build. Balthazar runes(AE burn on heal), sigil of bursting(6%condition dmg)/doom(poison on attunement swap) but you have to spec 30fire/earth for it or 20fire 30earth. Specing for max condition duration (30fire) is nice but have to take into account players have condition removal so long duration condition will rarely do all of its damage.

Elementalist cannot stack bleeds as fast as other classes: scepter can apply 72sec of bleeds every 6sec (12stacks 6sec dur), mh dagger 76sec of bleeds every 6sec(9stacks 8-12s dur) and staff can apply 72sec of bleeds every 6sec (6stacks 12sec dur). Scepter has the shortest duration bleeds, Mh dagger has the best dps from bleeds and staff has the best AE bleeds.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

ew, perplexity.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

iAmTheDuke.6201

ew, perplexity.

haters gonna hate

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

ew, perplexity.

haters gonna hate

Lmao they’re definitely not hating. Using a broken rune set to accomplish a “condition build” for ele, let alone any class, is just weak. It shows a complete lack of skill on your guys part. But hey, a naked thief who doesn’t even attack the ppl he’s fighting can do a better job than we can at a condi build.

We have no place in the condition builds. If they were to revamp our signets and the fire line for a good earth/fire build we could have some nice condition builds, especially on staff.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

ew, perplexity.

haters gonna hate

Lmao they’re definitely not hating. Using a broken rune set to accomplish a “condition build” for ele, let alone any class, is just weak. It shows a complete lack of skill on your guys part. But hey, a naked thief who doesn’t even attack the ppl he’s fighting can do a better job than we can at a condi build.

We have no place in the condition builds. If they were to revamp our signets and the fire line for a good earth/fire build we could have some nice condition builds, especially on staff.

Please show me where in the video he abused the runes like other classes do.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

ew, perplexity.

haters gonna hate

Where did I say anyone abused anything? I said its weak to use a broken rune set and ele has no actual viable condition builds.

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

ew, perplexity.

haters gonna hate

Where did I say anyone abused anything? I said its weak to use a broken rune set and ele has no actual viable condition builds.

okay brah.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

ew, perplexity.

haters gonna hate

okay brah.

Thanks for proving my point.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

Lmao I actually watched the video… Wow, that’s… Unsettling, that you guys think that you’re running good builds.

O and btw I love how you got straight up destroyed when that engi came in and made you both run like little girls lol. Good stuff good stuff. But hey, you’re happy with your build and that’s what really counts.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Lmao I actually watched the video… Wow, that’s… Unsettling, that you guys think that you’re running good builds.

O and btw I love how you got straight up destroyed when that engi came in and made you both run like little girls lol. Good stuff good stuff. But hey, you’re happy with your build and that’s what really counts.

It was two engineers that used their elites at the same time and immobilize stacked him. Feel free to hate on the build. I’ve almost never lost a 1v1 with it.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

iAmTheDuke.6201

It was two engineers that used their elites at the same time and immobilize stacked him. Feel free to hate on the build. I’ve almost never lost a 1v1 with it.

+1 haters gonna hate

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

The best part of this amazing vid is where the downed Thief outplays the recorder and his friend (in a 3 v. 1 no less) first by a port down the stairs, then by stealthing at just the last second even though the Ele had the help of Mass Invis lol

Props to downed Thief skills

I literally laughed out loud at that part! I loved it, goes to show how good the recorder and his friends are -_-.

How about the part when they’re by bay, and the recorder misses the updraft, horribly.

But hey with the new wvw AP there’s a nice influx of pve players rolling through. I’ve come across more than I can count and it baffling my mind why they do what they do, really. Lol easy loot bags, even with a kitten build like this

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Raven.9603

love the music, hate the keyboard turning

edit; did you play the whole matchup with your bags full?

Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Have you personally ran the spec yourself?

I am a teef
:)

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

You really haven’t played the spec yourself if you really meant what you typed here.

I am a teef
:)

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

love the music, hate the keyboard turning

edit; did you play the whole matchup with your bags full?

It had no music. I don’t key board turn and yes I do

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Raven.9603

somehow i ended up watching this: http://youtu.be/AryHz2-PTb4

which is a maguuma dd condi ele that keyboard turns, fights almost exclusively bads, and has good music (and a perpetually full bag). how i got there from this page though, i have no idea..

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

Broken class,broken runes, please get good scrubs and post something better.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snafu.7412

Snafu.7412

somehow i ended up watching this: http://youtu.be/AryHz2-PTb4

which is a maguuma dd condi ele that keyboard turns, fights almost exclusively bads, and has good music (and a perpetually full bag). how i got there from this page though, i have no idea..

Did you even watch the video you linked? It clearly says Yak’s Bend lol.

(edited by Snafu.7412)

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

i’ll post my montage of all the times I downed on ele.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Thanks for posting this! I feel like any fix they put on perplexity runes (and ICD most likely) won’t affect your build very much at all. Perplexity is broken when it comes to condi classes that just spam interrupts. Its being used very reasonably here.

That being said, I feel like you might be more successful with a more celestial approach, as relying on just condi damage is tough for an ele. So much of what we can do is power-burst too. Part of the success of the condi-approach is the surprise of high-damage condis ticking from an ele. How to fight the class is really very different as dodging your burst doesn’t do as much for them.

All the haters: quit it. While this isn’t an optimal build for ele, it is viable and works well enough. If you want to roll more condi, then do it and enjoy!

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I’ve been running a mix of condi and celestial, but I’m realizing condition pieces really aren’t optimal for d/d ele. I did some naked tests comparing rabid to soldier amulets against medium golem, and what I found was:

With Rabid: drake’s breath + earth auto kills in 19s
With Soldiers: drake’s breath + air auto kills in 17s

This is already a condition damage friendly test. When you factor in condition cleansing and using fire grab, power gets even more of a boost. I don’t think perplexity’s confusion is enough to change the balance much, but perplexity still has a place in a celestial build since you still get some condition damage, and perplexity just gives so many stacks it’s useful even without condition damage.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

People seriously underestimate condition builds on ele….. hopefully that will keep them viable and away from the nerfs. Maybe they’ll even give us torment on magnetic leap! Wishful thinking ….

(edited by Dolores.5471)

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Oh goodie! May I start? Thanks! n_n

Attachments:

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Oh goodie! May I start? Thanks! n_n

Memser had traveler runes and kited the kitten out of me lol. was a gf though.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

Hey frownyclown is be happy to duel you a few times for science when we face up in week 6. Add me and hit me up. I’ll bring my ele and mes, for science.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is a problem for d/d eles nowadays as it is, putting us in a similar spot to old warriors: we are very easily kited. Geomancer’s Freedom is nice, but definately not master-tier given that Dogged March is adept. I have been finding that “One with Air” really does help quite a bit with the positioning issue, however. 1.5s may not be much, but it does make most slow-moving projectiles miss and can give you space to channel ether renewal if you don’t have rock solid on you.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Hey frownyclown is be happy to duel you a few times for science when we face up in week 6. Add me and hit me up. I’ll bring my ele and mes, for science.

Sure dude what is your name in game.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

This is a problem for d/d eles nowadays as it is, putting us in a similar spot to old warriors: we are very easily kited. Geomancer’s Freedom is nice, but definately not master-tier given that Dogged March is adept. I have been finding that “One with Air” really does help quite a bit with the positioning issue, however. 1.5s may not be much, but it does make most slow-moving projectiles miss and can give you space to channel ether renewal if you don’t have rock solid on you.

I’ve been kitten ing around with signet of air instead of mistform. so far I like it.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

Guisemoe, I’m on mon and tues nights 12-7 am cst, usually. Those are my nights off.

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Guisemoe, I’m on mon and tues nights 12-7 am cst, usually. Those are my nights off.

I will be on for sure at those times. I will hit you up.

Bad Elementalist

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

Is this you?
http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv/c/3231323

D/D Condi Ele Duo Video

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Is this you?
http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv/c/3231323

That is the the recorder of the video at the top of this forum. I was his buddy. I fought you in the ruins once.

Bad Elementalist