D/D Ele Query...

D/D Ele Query...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Saunby.5306

Saunby.5306

Ok just turned level 67 on my Sylvari D/D Ele, really loving it and it’s my favourite amongst the classes so far. However I want to set myself apart from the typical build set up for these. Atm I am 6/0/10/15/20, originally I intended to put 10 into fire but I’m now going change this for 10 air for zephry’s boon. I intend to put 30 into my arcana, 15 water, 25 earth, and leaving fire on 0. I’d like to focus on earth for personal role playing issues as I am a Sylvari class and feel naturally drawn to that element So far I have earth’s embrace trait (life saver), Cleansing water for water, elemental attunement for arcana and windborne daggers, (I was using this as an alternative to putting points into air) Any advice on where to put the rest of my points, and could you see this being a viable build? Thanks

D/D Ele Query...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Ok just turned level 67 on my Sylvari D/D Ele, really loving it and it’s my favourite amongst the classes so far. However I want to set myself apart from the typical build set up for these. Atm I am 6/0/10/15/20, originally I intended to put 10 into fire but I’m now going change this for 10 air for zephry’s boon. I intend to put 30 into my arcana, 15 water, 25 earth, and leaving fire on 0. I’d like to focus on earth for personal role playing issues as I am a Sylvari class and feel naturally drawn to that element So far I have earth’s embrace trait (life saver), Cleansing water for water, elemental attunement for arcana and windborne daggers, (I was using this as an alternative to putting points into air) Any advice on where to put the rest of my points, and could you see this being a viable build? Thanks

im not extremely knowledgable about lore… but wouldnt water be more attractive to a sylvari than earth? even the warden weapons have water blades (atleast; thats what i assume it is)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

D/D Ele Query...

in Elementalist

Saunby.5306

Well the fact that I come from the pale tree and I am born from what seems like a sort of cocoon makes me feel more drawn to earth, yea water comes into it and I’ve put 15 points into it so far, but I feel earth is a more predominant element for my race, of corse that’s just my own opinion. I’ve also always liked the earth element even since Guild Wars Prophecies

D/D Ele Query...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

30 Water is pretty core to the D/D build both in terms of +damage from boons (25) and aura sharing or condition removal (Cleansing Water). Deep Arcane (20) is also pretty critical because it powers being able to shift rapidly between attunements for cross combos.

Last I’ve read around you’re looking for more of a S/D or Staff based Signet built around Conditions if you want to go deep Earth. Less used (because there’s stronger Necro based condition builds) but still viable none the less.

Ultimately, however, it sounds like whether or not something is viable doesn’t really matter to you and you’d rather kinda role play the character. Part of going that route is you won’t necessarily be viable character wise. In this case the two conflict and you’ll largely have to choose between a somewhat less effective character and what you’re going for character wise.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

D/D Ele Query...

in Elementalist

Saunby.5306

Well so far I’ve found my survivability to be pretty good tbh, I do enjoy the d/d build and would rather stick to that. I’m mainly a PVE character and I haven’t even touched wvwvw since I got the game on release. But I’d like to think once I’ve completed the map and mission’s that I wouldn’t be completely useless if I choose to play that. Ok so I will put more points into water and I was planning on maxing arcana anyway. Is air crucial or would I be able to focus on earth instead?