D/D Ele in the new Robin hood meta

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrandyBiscuits.2873

BrandyBiscuits.2873

so how are the d & d’s fairing against the rangers? any tips hints?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

The matchup is in favor of the Ele. You have a projectile block on a low cooldown and multiple ways to close the gap. You outsustain them in melee combat.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

The matchup is in favor of the Ele. You have a projectile block on a low cooldown and multiple ways to close the gap. You outsustain them in melee combat.

In my experience that skill is almost useless as a projectile block. Am I doing it wrong or what?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loki.2894

Loki.2894

In my experience that skill is almost useless as a projectile block. Am I doing it wrong or what?

correct. it is useless as a projectile block.

Best way to combat a ranger is to use your CC and keep the pressure on them. get them low and they focus on sustain instead of damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Use your superior range when they are in melee combat (usually GS). Weave through them (try to stay inside their character model) while they are in bow so their skills won’t work.

Earth 2 blocks projectiles for about 1s, so use it while you are closing the gap instead of a dodge to save some endurance. You can’t really pick what you block, but it gives you some reprieve while saving dodges.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Easier kill good warrior than bad ranger.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

beating rangers on a D/D is as easy as killing a skelk in queensdale

what you generally want to do is close in really fast (blink, burning speed, RTL etc.), preferably with stabi on (earth armor). earth 2 is cool for saving dodges on approach as well, while most maps offer a way to LOS the ranger while getting close (at least on nodes). outplay his LB in melee range and force the ranger to GS, which makes him a lot slower and easier to dodge, since all his ouchie skills are telegraphed by huge freaky animal spirits (it’s like HEY!!!! I WILL ATTACK NOW; PLEASE DON’T DODGE"). CC him with magnetic grasp, shock aura etc, all the while pressuring with bleeding and burning and make him waste his dodges and stunbreakers before you launch your own burst.
if he’s not dead by then or you are fighting multiple foes, go for fire elemental or air elemental (i personally prefer fire) and if you got him at the point with all stunbreakers on CD, knock down, cast elemental burst, soft CC/updraft and he will melt in seconds. works GS warriors as well.

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Yesterday I had a blast playing D/F. The reflect on earth #4 was glorious.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

D/F zerker or valkyrie, cc/invuln/projectile blocking. I think its harder not to beat them than it is to die to them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Lol. Just burst him down before he will – stunlock and gapclosers are ally. For me one of easiest class to kill.