D/D PvP/Roaming build

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: JediSange.1645

JediSange.1645

If you had to spec out the most optimal Dagger/Dagger build for Elementalist, how would that look? Right now I feel like, at least for roaming, it is an old-school Celestial build without Tempest. I have found in my experiments that Tempest and Signet of Restoration don’t synergize particularly well.

But what are your thoughts? Right now I’m debating Water/Earth/Arcane and Water/Arcane/Tempest (inspiration from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvEpO5sTTRA). The motivation here is that I love the skill set and would like to see how far I can push it. Even if it’s some gimmick Fire Grab build (Fire/Lightning/Arcane) I would be ok with that.

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I lately use arcane again and tempest. This works well now. I don´t play daggers but maybe this one will work. A mix of olscool D/D and Tempest. Sustain an damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhUMowhdOwxB8RscCYFlgB4HwdsmWfrETgAwCA-T1xHABzpEUsHAAAnAglU+Nuegw3fIR1fCAgAsz6MAG6RP6RP6R766cn7cn7MA-w

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

JediSange.1645

Yeah, this is about what I was thinking. It just bothers me because I’d really like to be able to take Earth or something more aggressive (Fire, Lightning, etc). Right now my issue with Tempest is simply that it doesn’t synergize well with Signet of Restoration. But I do like the Glyph heal — Water + Heal is a ton of healing over time.

Part of me thinks there is room to run Lightning + Glyph Heal for Inscription. The other part of me knows that Arcane and Tempest are so core that I will never escape them.

Curious though — Why run Glyph heal in this case over the shout?

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

because for your own sustain glyph is better and it gives a boon. Faster cast more self heal + boon. Taking shout with tempestios aria and soldier rune is an option.
I personally run earth over water using shouts but also the glyph. But this can only mitigate condi bursts. You often run out of cleanses without water.

And i think you won´t regret the viper weapons its a bit punch tweaking.
For food take what you like, for utility i recomend precision oil.
My standard setup is precision oil and lifedrain food like omnomberry ghost.

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I wrote this up a while ago hoping it’d help someone, maybe you’ll find it useful. Thanks for linking my video btw

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Roaming_D/D

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

JediSange.1645

I wrote this up a while ago hoping it’d help someone, maybe you’ll find it useful. Thanks for linking my video btw

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Roaming_D/D

Of course! It was a solid video. What are your thoughts on subbing out Water for something like Fire or Air to be more aggressive?

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

I found that the 40% protection is pretty much indispensable. With enough boon duration you can at least drop earth for arcane which is a little more aggressive at least imo.

In theory air sounds pretty kitten nice with glyph heal though, and you can finally drop the awkward signet or unreliable ether. And it’s marginal protectin gain which also helps a bit.

Im actually gonna try now, this got me excited

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

JediSange.1645

I found that the 40% protection is pretty much indispensable. With enough boon duration you can at least drop earth for arcane which is a little more aggressive at least imo.

Glad the conversation was inspirational! Curious, are we talking about the same build though? The one you linked has Water/Arcane/Tempest. Where is the 40% protection coming from and what do you mean dropping earth?

What I’m thinking about trying over the next week is Air/Arcane/Tempest, but I’m not sure that can fly.

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

JediSange.1645

This is roughly where my head is at btw: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIhUMozB+NgPilHAroKMDfCCBgFwDwdymZ/sA-T1xHABvr+zAnAAv0DMnSQAeAALp8Tj9HAA-w I’m not sold on any utility skills yet. I love the blend of stats I get from this, but I do question if full Celestial might be better. Signet of Earth I love for the immobilize for hitting Earth 5. The toughness also helps vs power builds as well.

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Usually one goes water/earth/tempest to guarantee perma protection. With enough boon duration the elemental attunement and contingency from water/arcane/tempest can work too is what I’m saying. The 40% protection is a minor trait in the tempest line.

Problem with running arcane/air/tempest as you propose is you have extremely little cleanse. Almost none.

Tried air/water/tempest for a bit today. For being an ele, it did ok, but it still felt miles behind the standards of today. Running with my rev friend I had to play an order of magnitude more careful than he had, and still died quicker than him. Not to mention ofcourse doing far less damage/cc.

Don’t wanna devolve this thread too much. Give it a shot! I ran the same gear as I linked more or less, used air top/top/bot and armor of earth/mist. Considering dropping one for aftershock.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Fire, water and aracane still some what viable as a d/d ele for wvw. Better than Tempest cause when roaming since they are less easy to read and cc than tempest. It’s hard to vs High level power zerker burst sustain or Power chrono shatter shatter. You shouldn’t lose to anything else 1v1. Well you can run from those other 2 if you stil have 45% hp but you have to work hard on rotations to do the same work as 2 buttons from another class.
Fire with burn/blinds greater than air!

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

I’m enjoying Elementalist at the moment (I know i’m a bit late) and I’ve been researching for the proper build. Was it hard to get full Celestial?

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I think you go either
earth/water/tempest
or
arcana/water/tempest

D/D PvP/Roaming build

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

personaly use earth, arcane, tempest S/F for roaming. I have permaswiftness to run around and am basicaly a boon machine using durability rune. I don´t have perma vigor but it´s ok for me. Intresting is that for PvP i seem to settle to fire/earth/tempest (sage), it plays quite fine unless i face to much condi, in which case i swap fire to water for classic meta setup …. Sigh i hate being forced to meta, even if it´s only sometimes.