D/D build for solo PVE?

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xialoh.7261

Xialoh.7261

I’m a returning player, and I’m working on finishing the solo portion of the game. While I suppose anything could work, I’m wondering what the optimal trait set is for a soloing D/D ele. I’ve mostly played it in spvp, and I think I used to level with it, but a lot has changed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Or maybe I should be using staff instead? I’ve been trying a staff build, and while everything dies fast, survivability and healing seems really weak. Sustain when I was D/D was always easy.

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I’d like to know this as well. I’ve been focusing on other characters and have been neglecting my ele. He’s mainly a staff ele now but I’ve been toying around with dual daggers. So far I like it but I have no idea how to spec for it (trait and gear wise).

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

For funsie, these are two builds you can use:
More offense

More sustain

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xialoh.7261

Xialoh.7261

More offense

More sustain

Thanks, those look like what I’d expect it to be. Though you said for funsie. I assume D/D just isn’t optimal for this sort of thing really? I’ll probably still go with it though. Or I might try D/F for the first time even..

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

More offense

More sustain

Thanks, those look like what I’d expect it to be. Though you said for funsie. I assume D/D just isn’t optimal for this sort of thing really? I’ll probably still go with it though. Or I might try D/F for the first time even..

D/F is for tougher fights. D/D would be ok for it’s better mobility when doing say map completion or general running around. I would grab a staff if nothing else to swap in and hit the swiftness/static field+Blasts to keep the speed going, some fights you may even want it so you can range and kite.

Personally I went with S/F for a lot of the open world stuff as I could simply run the quick spike damage rotation and blow up enemies quickly, I’d go D/F or Staff when things got tougher.

Big difference between pve and pvp is that you can change your weapons around when out of combat and get the skills. Swap to Focus and obsidian flesh to run through things without getting in combat, swap in staff for speed. Even maybe swap S/D run a might stacking rotation and swap back to your dagger quickly to burn things down quicker? Just saying you have options on your weaponry always at your finger tips… well as long as you’re out of combat.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

D/F is for tougher fights.

Those are the only fights you should pick, if you are a true and faithful elementalist.

But apart from that, D/F is also pretty good a killing critters

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celeste Lightblade.9253

Celeste Lightblade.9253

@ Xialoh’s more sustain build… Retrait the 2 points of water into earth for stone splinters… is a perma +10% dmg buff since u’ll always be in melee range with D/X. The Water-trait isn’t always up^^

Raphael Van Dona
Member of Snow Crows [SC]

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Giloseays.8436

Giloseays.8436

I run the metabattle build with D/D and do OK. http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_D/D_Roamer

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

@ Xialoh’s more sustain build… Retrait the 2 points of water into earth for stone splinters… is a perma +10% dmg buff since u’ll always be in melee range with D/X. The Water-trait isn’t always up^^

Yup yup, I originally wanted to use Stone Splinters for dmg modifiers but Healing Mist provides a good sustain against condi opponents like destroyers (burning), kraits (bleeding), hyleks (poison darts). Edit: Can always put in Water V if the mobs can crit you.

@OP: I used d/d for “funsie” during those times when I know I could kill mobs fast (with just muscle reflex), usually in sub 80 maps. D/D has good mobility and rapid CC against a group of mobs. Burning speed and might blasting is a big enough burst and Lightning Whip can give you sustainable dps against Veteran. You could use d/d in Silverwaste too, but you will have to be careful when picking the enemy and minding your position. I always resort to staff there because I’m lazy and I like my extra dodge and big numbers. An extra bonus of staff is its CC works really well against “jumpy” mobs like Mordrem Wolf, Tegariff and Hyena.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Paulus magintie.7432

Paulus magintie.7432

I got told to switch to D/D like last week, I normally run S/D or in the silverwastes justs Staff.

D/D build for solo PVE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

in PvE you can switch to w/e you want depend on situation
i don’t suggest sticking with only one set.