D/D ele sigil of concentration vs generosity

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I have recently been enjoying roaming with D/D air, water, arcane ele, but still have yet to decide on the final sigil on my weapon (primary sigil is of course Sigil of Energy). That being said I am using runes of Durability, for self explanatory reasons. I’ve been thinking:
- Sigil of Generosity: would be useful for more condi clear and getting that pesky weakness off me, but 9s CD is kinda long.
- Sigil of Concentration: would be amazing with me mightstacking up to 12 might currently and protection application with Arcana traitline (I camp Air, so the sigil duration would capture the mightstacking and switching to earth just right, since I go Air -> Fire -> Earth -> Water -> ….)

Any help?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I’d be inclined to say concentration, but it’s pretty close. Consider dropping zephyr’s boon for one with air, since you won’t need zephyr’s boon for perma fury and swiftness with concentration anymore.

Personally would advise against air, since the amount of stab is ridiculous. Tempest line still feels like it adds the most value, as annoying as it is to play. Fire line also flows a lot better with the cooldown reduction of frozen burst to match the 33% reduced fire cooldowns for might stacking.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I like Air very much, it does wonders against numerous thieves in WvW these days. But against most other specs, air isn’t really amazing yea. Fire packs much more punch in terms of damage, tempest packs a punch in survivability. Whenever I pick fire, I feel like I am losing a ton in mobility (no perma swiftness outside of combat) and survivability (1 blind on 8s CD really?), but whenever I pick tempest I feel like I am missing out on a bit of mobility and superior damage with (RtL on 26s is amazing, you said it yourself that you get addicted to it in your video Gokil).
I guess this goes back to the inherent problems d/d ele currently has, but Air with Concentration sigil is what I am currently probably gonna pick, since I feel like I get the best of both worlds. Stab isn’t much of a problem to me, only problem when I try to counter pressure. Thanks for the response.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Yeah for sure, air ele is where my heart lies! Just hasn’t been working very well for me, although it might be worth revisiting with the new icd on dodge stab for herald, and stab nerfs on scrapper and reaper.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube