D/D elementalist roaming #5

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Hey all,

Some D/D ele roaming is medically proven to alleviate tempest complaints.

Dare I say the quality is a tad better this time? A man can dream.

This one was hard work. Between the nonsense golem week and some awful matchups, it’s been hard to get footage. Hope you enjoy nonetheless!

All feedback more than welcome!

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

(edited by Gokil.2543)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

A link to the video in the message itself would be useful :p I am going to guess it can be found by navigating your youtube page link in your signature, but its a bit unorthadox to not offer a direct link :p

Also, your build link doesn’t work … the one hidden in the about tab of youtube. I am guessing your ye-ole Air – Water – Arcane setup. I really wish there was some variety to the class … I’d like to see a fire build roamer … someone? anyone? please?

Anyway, nice fights as always.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

A link to the video in the message itself would be useful :p I am going to guess it can be found by navigating your youtube page link in your signature, but its a bit unorthadox to not offer a direct link :p

Also, your build link doesn’t work … the one hidden in the about tab of youtube. I am guessing your ye-ole Air – Water – Arcane setup. I really wish there was some variety to the class … I’d like to see a fire build roamer … someone? anyone? please?

Anyway, nice fights as always.

Im utterly stupid… Thanks for correcting me. Twice. Couldn’t seem to get the link working on the about page, so I removed it for now. Build is in the description of the video however.

As for fire roaming. I run it from time to time, but air cooldowns are hard to drop :-/ The one-trick fire burst is sweet, but not worth the tradeoff in my opinion. I’ll probably feature it extensively once I start the duel series I’ve been planning though.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

I’m really surprised that an elementalist who doesn’t stack might can win against multiple opponents. Are you recording on saturday nights when everyone is drunk?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krasex.4950

Krasex.4950

Very nice video.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

nice gameplay. This build def isn’t for the average eles.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Very nice video.

nice gameplay. This build def isn’t for the average eles.

Thanks guys. Seriously means a lot.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Some good resets there. Very nice. Build is almost identical to my own, it’s fun to use. I have a preference for Fresh Air sometimes over LR. I’ve got a 800 less health,100 less armor, and 3% less crit, but 324 more power and around 10% more ferocity.

The 2v1 on those warriors was funny to watch. “HRNNNG HUNDRED BLADES THE MIST FORM”

Good job! Music is awesome too.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

(edited by Raif.9507)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Videos like this is why real PVPers look down on WVWers. Those enemies behaved more like mobs than thinking players to be honest.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

haven’t enjoyed a d/d ele vid this much in a long while.. good stuff

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Elementalist

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I loved the comment about moa from stealth, coming from the cheese d/d ele that’s priceless- permanent 5-6 buffs including might, vigor, regen, blasts etc and you moan about one skill that lets you run away…

Never been a fan of the spam skills and blast twitch d/d ele style, but you play it well. Did that mes ever switch weapons? Or those other enemies?

I’m sure if I recorded every fight I have I could pick out some really good ones too- and some really bad.

Problem is, your video shows why d/d ele needs a nerf. Too much easy access to buffs and heals.

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

His video shows incompetent foes and a good player playing with them, but sure lets go with OP.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Videos like this is why real PVPers look down on WVWers. Those enemies behaved more like mobs than thinking players to be honest.

Oh its no doubt that the players were not that great, but his ability to reset fights and survive is pretty skillful play. I’m not bashing the pvper’s but cele is easier to play than the build he was using.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I loved the comment about moa from stealth, coming from the cheese d/d ele that’s priceless- permanent 5-6 buffs including might, vigor, regen, blasts etc and you moan about one skill that lets you run away…

Never been a fan of the spam skills and blast twitch d/d ele style, but you play it well. Did that mes ever switch weapons? Or those other enemies?

I’m sure if I recorded every fight I have I could pick out some really good ones too- and some really bad.

Problem is, your video shows why d/d ele needs a nerf. Too much easy access to buffs and heals.

Go back to the mesmer forums the ele players are talking.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Thanks a lot Raif and dank!

@Schmendrick, ‘Real’ PvPers kinda hurts. I’ve done plenty PvP, but still find that the open environment of WvW can be a lot more fun (plus the build variety), but your point is true. These players are for the majority quite terrible. I don’t really know what to do about that though, I feel like if I uploaded the duels versus good players I’d catch a lot of criticism for playing the overtuned D/D against them. So I just upload the 2-3v1s versus (evidently) sub-par players.

@Notsoperky I dunno, I never liked the design of moa. There’s nothing as frustrating as that skill for a roamer, because at least 50% of the time it gets you killed, no matter how good the fight you were having was. And yes, the players are bad. That’s why there’s more than one of them. I agree D/D ele could use a bit of nerfing, if only to get people to stop complaining about it.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Nothing needs to be nerfed on ele. With attunement switching, long skill chains, and light armor, a d/d ele is one of the most complicated (if not the most) classes to play. A mesmer complaining about nerfs is equal parts amusing and sad. Or did you realize that’s you in the video dying?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I don’t think that is the case for the majority if you actually talk to them and not go by rants. At least for top NA players anyway many of them were in my guild or still are as a side guild or friends of people in our guild and are in our TS often like Chaith or Phanta. I’ve never heard them say “Bro WvW’s players are beneath us”. Or anything resembling that.

There are plenty of montages of people hot joining doing work on lesser skilled players.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Seriously? PU Mesmer gets access to those boons on top of aegis pretty much permanently. Roaming the other day my friend could copy 3 minutes of swiftness to the group all on his own regularly. Metaphysical defense and restorative illusions give you pretty much permanent prot on a Mesmer

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Nothing needs to be nerfed on ele. With attunement switching, long skill chains, and light armor, a d/d ele is one of the most complicated (if not the most) classes to play. A mesmer complaining about nerfs is equal parts amusing and sad. Or did you realize that’s you in the video dying?

Its really not as complicated as you may think, I main d/d and I think ele could use a few nerfs my self. We’re definitely not the only class who need some adjustments though…

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Oh its no doubt that the players were not that great, but his ability to reset fights and survive is pretty skillful play. I’m not bashing the pvper’s but cele is easier to play than the build he was using.

But he was using cele? Changing fire for air doesn’t make it a new build really…

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

But he was using cele? Changing fire for air doesn’t make it a new build really…

You also have to look at fighting on point vs fighting in wvw. He doesn’t have time to sit in one spot and stack might. He is playing with no more than 10 stacks of might his entire video. Players in general have more power in wvw as well so its harder to tank. Almost no one solo roams on d/d ele these days simply because its harder to survive than in pvp.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

You also have to look at fighting on point vs fighting in wvw. He doesn’t have time to sit in one spot and stack might. He is playing with no more than 10 stacks of might his entire video. Players in general have more power in wvw as well so its harder to tank. Almost no one solo roams on d/d ele these days simply because its harder to survive than in pvp.

Yea Dolo roaming is rough, but group is still good but strictly solo is difficult because a mesmer can KO so quickly if you are fighting a warrior or guard in what would be a longer sustained fight not to mention trying to reset or heal up with a zerk ranger pew pewing you. Disengages have to happen a lot sooner than before.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Are there servers where roaming just happens more? Cause I feel like I spend 1-2 hours and get maybe 1 fight roaming and all the rest either run to keeps or camps or a zerg rolls over or w/e. So I just stick to spvp… but I want fights where they just commit everyone’s a pansy and just runs…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Any recommendation on fighting this particular build/class on power thief? I was roaming a few days ago and just couldn’t seem to pack enough punch to bring a good cele ele down. I can easily take out the inexperienced ones but the good ones are obviously a different story. Should I turn the other way when I see this class taking my base? Like how I turn around when faced against a medi guard. Surprisingly I find this guys tougher than Med guards to fight against.

(edited by Nephrite.6954)

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Any recommendation on fighting this particular build/class on power thief? I was roaming a few days ago and just couldn’t seem to pack enough punch to bring a good cele ele down. I can easily take out the inexperienced ones but the good ones are obviously a different story. Should I turn the other way when I see this class taking my base? Like how I turn around when faced against a medi guard. Surprisingly I find this guys tougher than Med guards to fight against.

• You want to get some poison and chills going on after you see the elementalist swap out of water. You see an ele move swap out of water? Chill immediately.
  • Avoid Burning speed at all costs and don’t walk in and out of Ring of Fire.
  • If you’re using sword, steal the might they build to keep them from upping their damage. This build heavily relies on might to do good damage.
  • The combos you want to watch for that are very difficult to dodge are lightning flash > fire grab and Lightning Flash > Burning Speed. try to avoid them.
  • Bait out the Shocking Aura, most eles will use it after you CnD (if you’re using D offhand) to stun you when you backstab.

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Are there servers where roaming just happens more? Cause I feel like I spend 1-2 hours and get maybe 1 fight roaming and all the rest either run to keeps or camps or a zerg rolls over or w/e. So I just stick to spvp… but I want fights where they just commit everyone’s a pansy and just runs…

Not sure if you’re on EU or NA, but over on EU I think rank 5-6 is best for roaming. It’s been rather bad lately though. Certain servers will literally have the full map in a single blob. Most of the fights in the video are either provoked, by poking a large group and running until I can take what remains, or very late at night.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

It’s an awful matchup for thief. The air variant in particular. Worse than medi guard even. Raif gave some good tips, but I’ll add, assuming you’re D/P, to punish long and hard whenever the ele is not in fire or air. Multiple seconds of straight auto’ing. Poison at the end of the auto chain helps a lot. Dodging fire is mandatory.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

It’s an awful matchup for thief. The air variant in particular. Worse than medi guard even. Raif gave some good tips, but I’ll add, assuming you’re D/P, to punish long and hard whenever the ele is not in fire or air. Multiple seconds of straight auto’ing. Poison at the end of the auto chain helps a lot. Dodging fire is mandatory. If you play close attention and assume the ele will use it pretty much right away, you can dodge earthquake as well.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

It’s an awful matchup for thief. The air variant in particular. Worse than medi guard even. Raif gave some good tips, but I’ll add, assuming you’re D/P, to punish long and hard whenever the ele is not in fire or air. Multiple seconds of straight auto’ing. Poison at the end of the auto chain helps a lot. Dodging fire is mandatory. If you play close attention and assume the ele will use it pretty much right away, you can dodge earthquake as well.

Thanks for the respond! Thanks to Raif too:) yeah I agree that it’s an awful match up cause I’ve recently made an ele and found out how much of a pain they can be (their full potential). Makes me wanna cry every time I see the might stacks and have no way to strip them when I’m on d/p. I usually run bountiful theft but it doesn’t to to always consider might as its priority. Always end up getting protection or SWIFTNESS (like wtf).
Oh well, guess I’ll just turn around. So currently the toughest match up for thieve would be cele engi/ele and guardians huh?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kry.1697

Kry.1697

I rarely comment on videos but this made me dust off my old elementalist again, realize that I have no idea what I’m doing and level up a new. It’s slowly coming back now =D

Thanx Gokil.2543!

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

I rarely comment on videos but this made me dust off my old elementalist again, realize that I have no idea what I’m doing and level up a new. It’s slowly coming back now =D

Thanx Gokil.2543!

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

(edited by Gokil.2543)