D/D has any chance against Engi/Necro/Ranger?

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Ok, D/D has to be melee range to deal damage but when one of these classes places their AOE cond damage fields (turrets/marks/traps) and stay inside of the fields, D/D gets so many stacks of condis after each other, even the fully condi cleanup setup can not keep with it (Cleansing Water, Cleansing Wave, EA Water, Cleansing Fire, Ether Renewal(which is always interrupted) )

I mean, may be we have to best endurance generation but we can’t dodge forever and every time we dodge we don’t deal damage.

What should we do, stay outside of the fields and let your elite kill the guy?

I have no problem with them S/D setups, drop a dragon tooth over their AOE, either they eat it the DT or get out of their AOE but before I retire the D/D completely I like to ask your method of dealing with this stuff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zitounae.4803

zitounae.4803

Thats quite an easy one padawan, swap to more ranged weap set, like any other class would do.

Well remember to party your opponent and ask him if its ok to let you get out of combat.

I ran into a VERY strong staff Elem earlier on live and was excited to see it -time4nerf-

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Yeah, as you see the question is what to do with D/D I know how can I deal with him as S/D.

I mean I really like the play style of the D/D everything after it feels like slow motion but queue are full with Engis/Necros/Ranger at the moment and not able to do anything other then clicking cleanse buttons are little bit discouraging let say.

Another side question, during that crazy 3.5 cast of the Ether Renewal we can do anything isn’t, even dodging will interrupt the cast?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iksargo.2640

Iksargo.2640

Rock solid with ether renewal is really strong in these matchups. Still hard fights, but you can definitely win if you play well.

Some key things to dodge in each of them:

Ranger: Storm spirit active, wolf kd, wolf fear. River drake breath if they have it, or drakehound kd. Cleansing burning and poison is good. You can cleave down the spirits with fire skills and lightning whip. Make sure to dodge the death procs especially on storm spirit.

Necro: Reaper’s mark is the big one that you have control over. Flesh golem charge if they have it. Sometimes you can bait Doom with a CC, then stability/random dodge it, but that isn’t something that can be counted on. Cleanse large bleed stacks, with poison and chill if possible. Kiting away and LoSing during spectral armor can help depending on how the fight is going. If you know you can kill them before their shroud recharges do it.

Engi: Freeze grenade, poison grenade, big ol’ bomb, concussion bomb, supply crate. Cleansing incendiary powder procs immediately will help a lot. If you tank concussion bomb by mistake either cleanse confusion immediately or LoS for the duration. Don’t stand in fire bomb.

Obviously a real-time fight is going to be a bit more complex, but hopefully a few of these tips can help. Also yes, ether renewal will be interrupted by a dodge roll. You can still use instant-cast skills during the channel, such as lightning flashing away to not get interrupted.

cmc

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Rock solid with ether renewal is really strong in these matchups. Still hard fights, but you can definitely win if you play well.

I see there is good synergy there but how to go 20 high in the Earth, I have to give up from Water and Arcane, which is so difficult

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

You can still use instant-cast skills during the channel, such as lightning flashing away to not get interrupted.

Aura’s and for ex RTL also is instant do you think clicking them will interrupt the cast?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iksargo.2640

Iksargo.2640

I see there is good synergy there but how to go 20 high in the Earth, I have to give up from Water and Arcane, which is so difficult

20 in earth is definitely worth it. You get stone splinters for +10% damage along with rock solid which has so many great applications beyond the clear synergy with ether renewal. I have been running this build for the last few months to great success: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-k33;2BJ-U0v4-N-Z0;9;5JJ-T;159-57;245A5w0;3CoF2CoF26BW .

If you don’t feel comfortable without points in water you can move the points from air to water and make up the loss of precision with signet of fire and/or pack runes. You will lose a lot of damage from the loss of air traits and crit damage, so I can’t guarantee it would work out too well. Once you get used to playing without the points in water you won’t even notice a loss in survivability.

Aura’s and for ex RTL also is instant do you think clicking them will interrupt the cast?

I’ve never tried hitting RtL during ether renewal, but auras will not interrupt the channel.

cmc

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Thats quite an easy one padawan, swap to more ranged weap set, like any other class would do.

Well remember to party your opponent and ask him if its ok to let you get out of combat.

Sigh, must you rub it in? Eles can’t swap weapons in combat, unlike all the other classes would do.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It is doable as a d/d ele.

Ranger is no problem for me.

Necro depends if they are decent it is a tough fight. You have to have some decent damage to chew through death shroud quickly. Not sure what your gear setup is though. A necro with focus can really mess a d/d elementalist up bad. I run it on my necro and I can perma chill warriors and focus removes 3 boons max if traited it is every 15 seconds AND the base duration of the chill is 5 seconds.

Engi’s good ones are the toughest fight. Care package, pistol, confusion, shield interrupt, shield knock back etc. You can win against a condi engi but if they are good I feel that it isn’t a easy fight and in the engi’s favor. They can condi pressure you almost as good as a necro but with more mobility than a ele has.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Just win the fight fight before they realize you are there .
Conditions Necros are slow and lazy cause thats what their class/build is all about…. believe me it works

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

this thread implied there are rangers running traps <.< >.>

thatd be like finding an ele thats thats running some type of glyph spec.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

this thread implied there are rangers running traps <.< >.>

thatd be like finding an ele thats thats running some type of glyph spec.

Dude glyph spec is totally OP :P

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

I know the flavor of the month META for Ranger is Sprits but there are still enough Ranger around dropping AOE condition field sitting in the middle of it and spamming like machine gun short bow auto attack.

To kill them you have to go into their AOE, I mean we can dodge a lot but not that much.

I could not make 0/20/20/0/30 work, as good as Rock Solid and Etheral Renewal is the people was still able to dump me enough Condis that 15s CD of the Ether was not enough to survive.

So I gone for 0/15/20/15/20, Ether/Rock Solid Synergy is still there but was former user of 0/10/30/30 using soldier with this setup was too much, 1800 Armor is nice but not able to kill anybody, then I switch to the Berserker with the thinking that I got 200 extra armor from Earth may be it can work, well that didn’t end up that good.

Then I switch to Celestial, it might surprise you but it works quite good in sPVP, I am around 1500 Armor again, + %20 crit damage from Celestial (around %45)/ with perma Fury %50 crit.

And one big surprise with Celestial/Earth, I am getting really good Condi damage, Burning ticks like 800, so jumping in, dump my AOE, run away, heal, drop again the AOE, my direct damage is pitiful but actually my burning kills people now.

I guess people don’t bother to cleanse one stack burning but it is 3.5K damage over 4s when I am kiting and extra healing from Celestial really helps also.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I know the flavor of the month META for Ranger is Sprits but there are still enough Ranger around dropping AOE condition field sitting in the middle of it and spamming like machine gun short bow auto attack.

To kill them you have to go into their AOE, I mean we can dodge a lot but not that much.

I could not make 0/20/20/0/30 work, as good as Rock Solid and Etheral Renewal is the people was still able to dump me enough Condis that 15s CD of the Ether was not enough to survive.

So I gone for 0/15/20/15/20, Ether/Rock Solid Synergy is still there but was former user of 0/10/30/30 using soldier with this setup was too much, 1800 Armor is nice but not able to kill anybody, then I switch to the Berserker with the thinking that I got 200 extra armor from Earth may be it can work, well that didn’t end up that good.

Then I switch to Celestial, it might surprise you but it works quite good in sPVP, I am around 1500 Armor again, + %20 crit damage from Celestial (around %45)/ with perma Fury %50 crit.

And one big surprise with Celestial/Earth, I am getting really good Condi damage, Burning ticks like 800, so jumping in, dump my AOE, run away, heal, drop again the AOE, my direct damage is pitiful but actually my burning kills people now.

I guess people don’t bother to cleanse one stack burning but it is 3.5K damage over 4s when I am kiting and extra healing from Celestial really helps also.

For WvW when I would duel people that was something they would always say when I use to run 0/0/20/20/30 with all celestial trinkets was that my condi damage particularly my burning was really putting pressure on them.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

One thing I forgot to ask, I dueled 1vs1 against a Necro in sPVP (there was nobody else other then us in Server), he kicked my kitten , it was not the fotm Terror build.

I didn’t see any Marks, so he was not using Staff, I guess he was opening with Spite Signet because in 1s I was getting like 6-7 condition,, clear with Ether Renewal, wupps, another 5-6 stack of conditions, Cleansing Fire, Water and then another Stacks of conditions….

As you might see I could not do anything other then cleansing whole fight, going to Scepter/Dagger and so didn’t made any difference.

So people with Necro experience any idea what is he running, double Scepter/Dagger or what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

thats not from celestial for sure, maybe with a bunch of mightstacks. You need around 1900 CD to archive this number. Thats a pretty high number even with complete condi gear.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

One thing I forgot to ask, I dueled 1vs1 against a Necro in sPVP (there was nobody else other then us in Server), he kicked my kitten , it was not the fotm Terror build.

I didn’t see any Marks, so he was not using Staff, I guess he was opening with Spite Signet because in 1s I was getting like 6-7 condition,, clear with Ether Renewal, wupps, another 5-6 stack of conditions, Cleansing Fire, Water and then another Stacks of conditions….

As you might see I could not do anything other then cleansing whole fight, going to Scepter/Dagger and so didn’t made any difference.

So people with Necro experience any idea what is he running, double Scepter/Dagger or what?

Not staff and the way you describe it would have to be signet of spite and corrupt boon. Maybe well of corruption (like corrupt boon but ground targeted and converts 1 boon every second your in it duration is 5 seconds)

Focus removes up to 3 conditions. Thats about it scepter auto attack has a bleed on the first 2 parts of the auto chaing and the last part is poison. Dagger off hand has enfeebling blood which is bleed and weakness. Scepter 2 is 3 stacks of bleed and cripple. Also 66% chance on crit to apply bleed is the 5 pt minor in curses which he probably had. A enfeebling blood can also be cast automatically when necro goes into deathshroud (15 sec icd)

Hard to say exactly dagger and axe don’t really have condi’s on them at least not the way you describe it.

My guess is corrupt boon and signet of spite if he saw it was a duel with a ele and really wanted to win im sure he probably slotted corrupt boon.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

thats not from celestial for sure, maybe with a bunch of mightstacks. You need around 1900 CD to archive this number. Thats a pretty high number even with complete condi gear.

I had some Blood Lust and Might Stacks on me and follow-up question.

Is there a way to get Combat Logs out of the game to analyze later (off-line I mean, I know that there is a chat window with combat log information, is it saved in any file.)

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Not staff and the way you describe it would have to be signet of spite and corrupt boon. Maybe well of corruption (like corrupt boon but ground targeted and converts 1 boon every second your in it duration is 5 seconds)

Focus removes up to 3 conditions. Thats about it scepter auto attack has a bleed on the first 2 parts of the auto chaing and the last part is poison. Dagger off hand has enfeebling blood which is bleed and weakness. Scepter 2 is 3 stacks of bleed and cripple. Also 66% chance on crit to apply bleed is the 5 pt minor in curses which he probably had. A enfeebling blood can also be cast automatically when necro goes into deathshroud (15 sec icd)

Hard to say exactly dagger and axe don’t really have condi’s on them at least not the way you describe it.

My guess is corrupt boon and signet of spite if he saw it was a duel with a ele and really wanted to win im sure he probably slotted corrupt boon.

I guess like a Guardian we have to have an Utility to convert condition to boon, otherwise what the Necros are doing is too cheese.

Like Guardian we are too dependent on Boons but unlike Guardian we have no means to restore them