D/D sPVP Ele

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nero.6813

Nero.6813

Hey guys I’ve been trying to learn how to play ele recently after watching some pretty good eles do work. I’ve having alot of trouble vs multiple classes in pvp atm though. I fought a ranger today and he pretty much just auto attacked me to death while I tried to use all my spells but it didn’t seem to do anything. Any tips on how to improve (or links, I’ve already read daphoenix’s guide)

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

You have to practice man, you can’t just become daphoenix over night, it takes time to learn raising your APM. Rangers auto attack everyone, they don’t really cast much else.

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

Nero, what profession did you play before ele?

You should practice more against that profession as you learn the elementalist because of your previous knowledge. From that point on it becomes trial and error.

Granted, Daphoenix’s guide is good, but it is not nearly to get you ready for sPvP teamfights or duels. So, I suggest you practice against friends and professions that you’ve played for a lengthy amount of time.

Also, search around these forums because there are plenty of individuals who can help. Like Nikkinella, Raif, or LightningBlaze.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nero.6813

Nero.6813

Thanks for the suggestions, I mainly played thief and mesmer before ele. I guess it’s just disheartening to lose to a ranger just pressing one button the whole time =/

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

Against a ranger i would say eles work a little bit like thiefs: get in, try to kill, if you do not succeed use mistform / Ride the lighning / Teleport to break line of sight ( basically get behind any wall or object around you ), switch to water, heal up, then re-engage.

The easiest way for a ranger to kill an ele is to root it and kite it to death with autoattacks. Since a D/D ele has close range (400 for most skills), if you are snared/rooted at more than that you’ve become a sitting duck. Teleport away as soon as this happens (and save your teleport if your enemy is a ranger), and you should be okay

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Thanks for the suggestions, I mainly played thief and mesmer before ele. I guess it’s just disheartening to lose to a ranger just pressing one button the whole time =/

He’s not even pressing the button :p, its going off automatically.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

D/D sPVP Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

You were probably fighting a bunker ranger and it can be pretty hard to kill them because their regen is too strong (IMO it’s OP especially underwater because of their pets).

Make sure you watch the latest videos out there because if you’re watching the old videos pre-Ele nerfs you’ll really feel weak compared to those eles in the old videos.