D/D the same?

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

Hi people!
So I’m a D/D main ele.. I’m not out of work yet so I’ve yet to be able to play with the new builds. My question is.. can we run similar builds from before the patch? The one I was running was Celestial or Knights armour with traits in arcana/water/earth. Is this still viable? If not is there any suggested builds you guys are running? I like to roam in WvW so I tend to like full knights as it can sustain and hurt hard. Any suggestions? Ty for all the help!

-Valin

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I’ve been feeling utter godmode on air/water/arcane. Either it’s completely broken or people haven’t caught onto good builds yet.

The stat decoupling from traits is a huge buff to us. 33% reduced cooldown on air skills coupled with lightning rod means you will never ever lose to a power build again.

As I said, maybe if people think of some better builds, but for now it feels blatantly op.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Hi people!
So I’m a D/D main ele.. I’m not out of work yet so I’ve yet to be able to play with the new builds. My question is.. can we run similar builds from before the patch? The one I was running was Celestial or Knights armour with traits in arcana/water/earth. Is this still viable? If not is there any suggested builds you guys are running? I like to roam in WvW so I tend to like full knights as it can sustain and hurt hard. Any suggestions? Ty for all the help!

-Valin

It seems decent you would just grab one of the previous unattainable full lines. I tried fire briefly, but no swiftness was a no no. Soothing ice is great.

I picked renewing stamina, elemental contingency, evasive arcana, water traits for condi removal, and air with fresh air but I think bolt to the heart is the way to go to ramp up damage.

Everyone else got buffs also with theives stacking 3 hours of fury from auto attacking(bug) and mesmers can stack like 30 seconds of stealth now(intended with new PU). It’s going to take a few days maybe weeks for things to settle again.

I think medi guards in roaming will become much stronger now. I hopped on my medi guard and zeal+honor+virtures is really strong for roaming/dueling now. Still no swiftness access, but it’s strong.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Please don’t run knight’s on ele. That kitten is kitten.

And I agree, air over earth is the way to go. Earth has no damage to it, and its traits are really impractical for giving you a major edge of survival in team fights. I was originally going to use fire, but with the blinding ashes ICD not being lowered.. theres no point. Plus air makes you move around faster

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Hi people!

-Valin

It seems decent you would just grab one of the previous unattainable full lines. I tried fire briefly, but no swiftness was a no no. Soothing ice is great.

I picked renewing stamina, elemental contingency, evasive arcana, water traits for condi removal, and air with fresh air but I think bolt to the heart is the way to go to ramp up damage.

Everyone else got buffs also with theives stacking 3 hours of fury from auto attacking(bug) and mesmers can stack like 30 seconds of stealth now(intended with new PU). It’s going to take a few days maybe weeks for things to settle again.

I think medi guards in roaming will become much stronger now. I hopped on my medi guard and zeal+honor+virtures is really strong for roaming/dueling now. Still no swiftness access, but it’s strong.

Very cool.. so Arcana/water/air is the way to go? What armour is best with it for roaming in WvW etc?

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

But, but, why? :p it’s sometimes good when fighting power classes etc.. so yeah.. if knights isn’t the best… should I just run my full exotic Cele armour? And if so.. which trinkets, ring, and amulets do u suggest?

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I think it is not looking good for D/D Cele…..

Typical Earth/Water/Arcana build Signet of Restoration was healing per tick 250 before now 200 that mean all the other heals are underperforming also.

The biggest problem is fire stacking and condition damage, at one stack fires burns 170 damage at 3 stacks around 500 but I can keep the 3 stacks only for 1 sec only.

Burning was our biggest source of sustain damage, I don’t know we can kill anybody now before dying, Mesmer, Thief became much more powerful and now we have 2K less HP and less sustain.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Hi people!

-Valin

Trust me, lightning rod is the best pick out of air grandmasters. Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll agree. Be sure to absolutely maximize your shocking aura effectiveness by not updrafting until it’s done, not popping it out of range etc.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Oh wow, that dosnt sound good. Any one have any advice? Ive been D/D for almost 2 years now, i would like to keep using it.. if anyone can help please do..

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Oh wow, that dosnt sound good. Any one have any advice? Ive been D/D for almost 2 years now, i would like to keep using it.. if anyone can help please do..

I updated the metabattle guide for now. I’ll probably be updating it repeatedly over the coming days to perfect it.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amisto.6135

Amisto.6135

Try this build, and you will see the meaning of OP.. This is for celstial amulet, and then u can go hoebrek, or strength, hoebrek good though because I had trouble killing my friend on his necro, but he is better than me at interrupting.

Fire – burning precision (buring on crit) , Power overwheling – 10% of power to condi damage – op as kitten, pyromasters pusisance – the might stacks are insane, which gives u power which gives u more condi cause of power overwhelming

Water – soothing ice, soothing disruption, cleansing water – condi cleanses on all your cantrips, and lowerd cd on cantrips, then u take cleansing fire, earth armor, and blink as cantrips.

Arcane – arcane precision, elemental contingency, evasive arcana – core

GG

(edited by Amisto.6135)

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

But, but, why? :p it’s sometimes good when fighting power classes etc.. so yeah.. if knights isn’t the best… should I just run my full exotic Cele armour? And if so.. which trinkets, ring, and amulets do u suggest?

I assumed pvp, not WvW, nevermind. The healing power on celestial though makes it good. In pvp knights leaves you with no HP or real sustain. It works out okay on necromancer though (for WvW not pvp)

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

wow, lots of suggestions.. im gonna go check meta battle now..

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

For PVP it depends on your role and team composition. I find that for D/D, water + arcane is a must. Now as for the third specialization you can choose between air or earth. They offer different things (offensively and defensively) so in terms of what your role is and what your team needs you would have to go into one or the other.

D/D the same?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’ve beaten over 20 other Celestial D/D today doing PvP for 6 hours. My FWA always beat their AWA and EWA. The only time I lost was when a Thief joined in halfway through me taking down an AWA who I had already beat on the same point previously.

I was pretty hyped for EWA before the patch hit, but then they tacked on a nerf to Vigor on top of turning that 20% damage-reduction into 10%, and I had to compensate. I take Burning Fire, One with Fire, and Blinding Ashes (which is utterly weak for a Grandmaster… What happened to the new ICD we were supposed to get?), and Stop, Drop, and Roll over Soothing Ice. Everything else is standard D/D since there’s nothing to take over Elemental Contingency anyway.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

(edited by Velimere.7685)