jportell.2197

Is it worth using? in Tpvp

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’ve seen several people (on youtube) do quite well with it. So I’d say it’s definitely worth a try.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

YES. Basically it allows you to go full tilt and then recover using one of your various damage mitigation abilities.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Many skills that make d/d celestial work in spvp are missing if you use focus offhand, e.g. frost armor, ride the lightning, cleansing wave etc. Focus offhand has some decent skills such as earth 4 and 5 to compensate for this, however, major synergies are lost (healing power -> cleansing wave, zephyrs boon -> frost armor). Fire 4 from focus to provide the fire field is also more difficult and takes more time to cast than ring of fire.

Another thing to consider is that you have to rely on close range combat yet you have only two gap closers (blink and rtl). Burning speed does not count as a gap closer because its too important as a damage spell. A necro can slow you on 1200 range and if you dont get close to pressure him, you will have to backup. Thus, with focus offhand, you sacrifice one of your two gap closers.

Focus offhand might work if the player is really good (this applies for almost every build though), but I don’t think it’s worth going for it.

(edited by cursE.1794)

D/F Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

In my experience, it’s only worth it if you have constructed a build around the focus from the beginning. Usually if you’ve already created a build for D/ D, focus will only take away your damage and provide you with more survivability.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.