DD in WvW

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Hello i’m sure these threads exist and ik Staff is the only weapon most prefer in Larger groups in WvW, but my guild has a number of Staff eles already and i have got the ok to run DD. Any thoughts on the build i have put together? Any critique would be appreciated! thanks in advance

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYnMISnDW4A+MA/aG4BQI/71OhBeUsYSA-T1BBwApVCC4EA4V5nnHAQt9HyrHIn6PkCYghRA-w

Goal is to have decent DPS and run with/just outside the front line.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMozhFOwyB8rNwDgQ+XsdiCUuaynA-T1BBwApVCC4EA4V5nnHAQt9HyrHIn6PkCYghRA-w
arcane isnt viable for d/d because the condi clear you can get from cantrips plus regen helps to sustain, and you need evasive arcana because of the earth blast finisher for extra might, and the heals from water.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

I agree with marmatt. At least for me, evasive arcana is the most important trait of an ele. I really don’t want to miss the 1600+ heal + condi remove when dodging in water or the blast finisher in earth. In 1vs1 dodging in fire also casts a long lasting burn. If you ran a celestial build this would also tick for a considerable amount of damage.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

ok cool thanks! So Soothing Disruption > Cleansing Wave? Was previously just trying to add more grp oriented traits. But if its that necessary to survive i guess i can’t argue haha

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Ok counter build. This one provides MUCH more survivability while not sacrificing much damage infact you should actually notice a minor increase in damage. Essentially what i did is i took the traits you put into the healing tree apparently specifically to get vitality and put those into earth for toughness and air for crit rate to proc your food life steal and your sigil life steal. The vitality lost from healing is replaced in your gear. And you no longer have a trait to remove conditions on gaining regen (you had no way to gain regen anyway GG) now you have a way to gain regen and vigor by using a cantrip which now have reduced CD. oh and did i mention your cantrip removes not 1 but 3 conditions and deals damage to nearby enemies? This set up gives you more options to GTFO when put under pressure. I switched your elite to FGS not because its good but because its an ok movement tool and it helps you catch up to running enemies as well as get to the back of your allies quickly. I did sacrifice a lot of might for this build tho if your having no trouble staying alive consider switching a sigil out for sigil of strength or out for might on critical food instead. You are however upfront with the warriors and guards so you should be absorbing some of their aoe might and firefield blastings.

anyway i hope this helps

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYnMISjDW4A+MAfEI4BQI+L2wTfEG4RppA-T1BGABJ8AAkS5HAnAg00DUo6P+s/geKBDAgAsz6MAWv6Vv6Vv6Zn7cn7cn7sUAmLMC-w

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMozhFOwyB8rNwDgQ+XsdiCUuaynA-T1BBwApVCC4EA4V5nnHAQt9HyrHIn6PkCYghRA-w
arcane isnt viable for d/d because the condi clear you can get from cantrips plus regen helps to sustain, and you need evasive arcana because of the earth blast finisher for extra might, and the heals from water.

I’m very new to ele, but I’m curious about your rune, sigil and trinket choices. What if you were to drop the runes of strength, as you will likely be getting tons of might from people around you. perhaps replacing them with runes of water (which are much cheaper). This would provide tons of tankiness and allow you to keep fighting longer. Then, all the toughness from your trinkets becomes unnecessary, meaning you could swap them out for celestial or something like that. Now, you’re dealing slightly less damage with each attack, but you’re alive for much longer and you have access to decent condition damage. Finally, you could drop the sigil of accuracy and get something like a sigil of force or bloodlust.
Thoughts? Again, I’m new to ele, but I feel like these changes might have positive results.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

Marmatt is pretty much spot on. You need all the sustain you can get since you arent long range and most of the D/D skills put you or require you to be well within cleave damage zones.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

I’m very new to ele, but I’m curious about your rune, sigil and trinket choices. What if you were to drop the runes of strength, as you will likely be getting tons of might from people around you. perhaps replacing them with runes of water (which are much cheaper). This would provide tons of tankiness and allow you to keep fighting longer. Then, all the toughness from your trinkets becomes unnecessary, meaning you could swap them out for celestial or something like that. Now, you’re dealing slightly less damage with each attack, but you’re alive for much longer and you have access to decent condition damage. Finally, you could drop the sigil of accuracy and get something like a sigil of force or bloodlust.
Thoughts? Again, I’m new to ele, but I feel like these changes might have positive results.

It depends on the role you wish to fill within your party/squad. Build around that role. If you want to support your party as much as possible (and might stacking on your part isn’t required) then you can go for travelers runes which will give you survivability/sustain + speed which will allow you to stay up longer and keep sharing auras and heals and condi removals. You could go for sigils that remove/xfer condi’s or strip boons or whatever based on what your party is lacking. You just need to figure out your group comp and work from there.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

DD in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Just copy-paste, sorry

Hi ILobo welcome to the front line!

Columbo is basically right. Staff ele is necessary for the most of the zerg fights. However once the group has 2-3 of them you can add a nice additional edge with this “classic auramancer” build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMowhVOwvB8rNwDgQ+3rWiCUuaynA-TFSAABgcCA4R9HAMBx1+Dpp8DG9AxqE8iHAARAMjB-w

As you can see it’s a traditional D/D bunker with aura traits and boon duration runes. Double or triple cantrip for survivability (and for stability… you NEED stability!)

Sigils are for sustain. These sigils are not affected by armour as far as I know so they give you nice out-of-water heals. The heavy-class amount of armour also helps a lot.

Pros:

-Jack-of-all-trades
-nice survivability
-properly used stun and chill auras (along with reaper of grenth) can catch enemies their pants down
-high might, fury and swiftness uptime and scales extremely well with buffs
-high healing power (not like it scales well but still…)
-not a very often played spec so nobody is expecting you
-FUN

Cons:

-Jack-of-all-trades
-crap condi remove outside of water attunement (always run with 1-2 guards/warriors in your party!)
-still not enough stability (give cookies to your guardians….)
-high Might uptime but you are not a might-producing factory
-out-of-combat movement speed is bound to your “secret weapon” (you can swap traits obviously…)
-zero ranged option

As long as you have at least 2 cantrips and decent armour you can change this build…

Sigils-runes-stats on gear… all can be adjusted to your playstyle.

P.S.:

Always have fun in the game! Always!

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)