DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hi guys,

so who’s staff build should I use for dungeons and fractals? MB suggests that the old staff build is still the best for PvE, while DEKeyz suggests a tempest build. So which one is the better?

thx

enthusiastic noob

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

Tempest is better, not mainly due to traits but because of Fire Overload.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Actually you loose dmg modifyers from picking Tempest, but you gain dps because of the high base-damage of fire and air overload. Also fire overload is nice for might stacking.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

You lose one 10% modifier and one 20% modifier that you may not even use (and some vuln uptime, but that doesn’t matter any more) for one 10% modifier with approximately 20-40% uptime, but you gain access to some grossly OP skills. Moreover, as others have pointed out already, overload fire is also great for stacking might in solo situations. Here’s what my math says for expected DPS in groups with raid-level consumables (air/force sigils, sharpening stone, 25 might/vuln, permafury, etc):

Attachments:

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

You lose one 10% modifier and one 20% modifier that you may not even use (and some vuln uptime, but that doesn’t matter any more) for one 10% modifier with approximately 20-40% uptime, but you gain access to some grossly OP skills. Moreover, as others have pointed out already, overload fire is also great for stacking might in solo situations. Here’s what my math says for expected DPS in groups with raid-level consumables (air/force sigils, sharpening stone, 25 might/vuln, permafury, etc):

Thx for the clarification, and keep up the good work! My ele loves you even more than I do.

enthusiastic noob

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I suppose that Fresh Air staff (Fire Air Arcane) beats those dps by a large margin with perma alacrity.

But what do I know about PvE. I only do SPvP

Alerie Despins

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I suppose that Fresh Air staff (Fire Air Arcane) beats those dps by a large margin with perma alacrity.

Fresh Air is indeed quite powerful, but not with staff. It’s inevitable (and desireable even) to auto attack in Air Attunement in a fresh air build, and staff is probably the worst ele weapon for that. D/H is quite competitive with staff, especially in raids/

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Fresh Air is indeed quite powerful, but not with staff. It’s inevitable (and desireable even) to auto attack in Air Attunement in a fresh air build, and staff is probably the worst ele weapon for that. D/H is quite competitive with staff, especially in raids/

Why is that? You can rotate through all the number 2 without interrupting air auto-attacks. (If you swap while the projectile is travelling). With Alacrity, which I could not test, I have reasons to believe that you can get back to fire just in time for lava font to be off cooldown.

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

Nah you can’t have a perma lavafont on the ground when swapping attunement, also you shouldn’t forget that with tempest you also have a cd for overload fire now, 1 reason more to stay in fire

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

I personally feel fresh air suits D/x a lot better than staff. Staff build can definitely be amazing, but I would take bolt to the heart over fresh air for staff any day. Overloads IMO work a lot better with dagger due to the close range, superior mobility, and the fact that air auto with dagger is amazing. I love my D/W fresh air tempest for raids

DEKeyz vs MetaBattle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Tempest AoE Heal + Elite are kinda useful too compared with selfish or not so good standard Ele heal/elites.