Deadly combo

Deadly combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I was thinking about what would be the most deadly and efficient combo available to our profession.
By deadly and efficient I mean a combo that is quick and easy to do, hard to dodge, and also that limits your build the least (not too many deviations from the viable builds).

What I have come up with is the following:
*D/D
*Require Piercing Shards (IV water, reached in most builds): 20% damage on vulnerable targets
*Require Grounded (XII air, 10-20 points away from most builds): 20% damage to knocked down targets
*Optimal if at least 5 points in arcane for fury on attunement swap
-updraft [2s? kd]
-switch to fire
-burning speed [0.75s cast]
-cast fire grab [0.75s cast]
-switch to water during cast
-target gets hit by fire grab while in water attunement

To make sure that the target is under vulnerability, you may take shards of ice (water III) and cast some arcane spell right after switching to water for more damage and vulnerability.

It could hit pretty hard! Any thoughts?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Deadly combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

s/d → arcane power, rtl,updraft and all together ’lightning strike, arcane wave, arcane blast" in full zerker and 30/30/0/0/10 build no one can resist

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

Deadly combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hm, you are aware that arcane wave and arcane blast are always critical strikes right?
Also don’t you think going 30 fire in addition to 30 air is quite bad? Plus, you are using all of your 3 utilities for this combo!
And with full zerk you have like 11k hp and 18k armor…

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Deadly combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

sure, it’s a suicide go with that setup, but it’s the only deadly combo we have..arcane power is for rtl, lightning strike and maybe 1 or 2 hit of autoattack..

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

Deadly combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVqU9-Rrack

uses a similar concept to what the OP described, without arcane power and goes into good detail to how to pull it off. its heavy on the sigil of intelligence, and I question how powerful that would really be over the course of a fight compared to battle, but i guess this is a burst discussion anyway.

edit: personally, grounded is worthless. its a trait that is only ever going to apply for 2 seconds every 40-45, unless you are on a team where other members can provide regular coordinated knockdown.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Deadly combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Grounded is definitely a group synergy thing, like with a warrior or so :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com