Dear Anet: Please Don't Do This

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

Please reconsider the nerfs you plan to implement for Elementalists, particularly the ones that affect the D/D build. This may sound like a selfish request but please hear me out.

I don’t even have an Ele leveled all the way up yet. However, ever since about 3 weeks ago I have been leveling her and have been slaving to get her ascended gear, armor, and runes. Why? Because I was burned out from other classes I was playing because I was told that my preferred playstyle was too “OP” and needed to be nerfed.

I have been trying to find reasons to keep playing. Usually that means leveling different classes. When that class got nerfed, I tried to adjust, but it just wasn’t fun anymore. I was almost ready to quit a few weeks ago. But then I saw the D/D Ele build and videos by Daphoenix and thought “whoa, I wanna be able to do that.” So i set out to get my Ele ready.

Now, I just kind of feel lost. That build and playstyle that I saw was the absolute REASON I wanted to level my Ele. Now all the hard work I have put in to get her gear feels like it’s all for nothing.

I’m just tired of being “fun starved” in this game. It just seems every time I’m having fun with a class, you guys take it away.

As I said, I know it’s selfish; But could you please, PLEASE, just give us this one?

Alright. Flame on.

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

in Elementalist

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

So you were told your playstyle was too OP so you picked the next OP spec?

I didn’t mean to sound rude, just seems…ironic. I hope you find the best in this update, or any other class if you can’t. I truly do, I know it’s costly switching mains.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Just be glad you’re still in the beginning with your character and havent yet bought all your final gear and wasted all that gold yet. Just Imagine how those of us who have spent over 1000 hours on our eles and have full exotics and wasted all our laurels and grinded through fractals for gear feel now. Most of us feel like quitting now.

in Elementalist

Grimstar.6931

So you were told your playstyle was too OP so you picked the next OP spec?

I didn’t mean to sound rude, just seems…ironic. I hope you find the best in this update, or any other class if you can’t. I truly do, I know it’s costly switching mains.

I didn’t try to pick OP specs, I just saw specs that looked really fun to play. So I would work really hard to set them up ahead of time with gear.

in Elementalist

Grimstar.6931

Just be glad you’re still in the beginning with your character and havent yet bought all your final gear and wasted all that gold yet. Just Imagine how those of us who have spent over 1000 hours on our eles and have full exotics and wasted all our laurels and grinded through fractals for gear feel now. Most of us feel like quitting now.

I already have most of the ascended gear

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

Oh you’ll be fine. D/D will still be viable I’m sure. Heck I’ll feel like running it even more now, so I can be one of the rare few :P

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

Well it’s not soulbound yet right? so you can use it for someone else. I’d say hold off on soulbinding any of that stuff to your ele yet. Wait for a couple patches for them to pull their heads out their rear and realize these changes are ridiculous and possibly reverse it and give us the buffs in other areas (specifically staff, focus and scepter) that we desperately need. I’m wishing now that stuff was account bound rather than soulbound on use. Freaking waste of ascended items.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Correct me if i’m wrong on this but the more that i think about it, the more that i see that with ether renewal, yes there’s gonna be a bit of a nerf but It doesn’t seem as big of a nerf in PVE as in PVP?

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Ok let me put this in perspective for you. 3 weeks you have been playing ele. I have been playing it for 6 months. It is my primary. The changes planned will not effect the basic bunker all that much. Your still going to be tanky good and with condtions. Among changes you see some are necessary. Cantrips were too strong. This isn’t even up for debate. Condition anything couldn’t stick anything and that simply not fair with our level of healing.

The mobility nerf is a whole other issue. It leaves us number 5 on the list (because a mesmer traited will eventually catch up).

As far was what Daphoenix does in PvE you should be able o still do that. However be mindful that you do more work and that a Mesmer, Warrior, or even a guardian can do what an ele does with more DPS and less pressure.

Correct me if i’m wrong on this but the more that i think about it, the more that i see that with ether renewal, yes there’s gonna be a bit of a nerf but It doesn’t seem as big of a nerf in PVE as in PVP?

You are right. Hysterics right now mean cutting through the kitten is more of a challenge. Most players will be up in arms over every nerf. Other will say all the nerfs are fine. The good ones will sit back and objectively pick it all apart. I am sorry but I am good. If you sit back the PvE nerf is minimal. Its unnecessary but minimal for PvE.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

They should make ether reneval uninterupable. Whenever anyone sees us do it they’ll just knock us out of it, and without mistform to hide in while we do it anymore, we are as good as dead. Oh wait, we can jsut get away with ride the ligtning, nope, wait….we can’t do that anymore either. Well maybe we can just stand and fight them and hope we don’t die from the 20 people piling conditions and cc on us. Well, we can still stand in LA and chat with people atleast. On the bright side, I don’t have to spend any more money on this game. No longer have a use for gems since the only class I still enjoy playing is being nerfed into the ground. My wallet thanks you Anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Maybe nerfing the ele a bit too hard in spvp is actually their way of getting people to do different classes simply because eles are overrepresented right now and not just about balancing? Just a thought.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

If you can’t use Ether renewal effectively, don’t use it. Glymp of Elemental Harmony is arguably just as good and is fairly quick.

@Raptured
Ele’s are over-represented for a reason. Meta players aren’t idiots.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Grimstar.6931

Ok let me put this in perspective for you. 3 weeks you have been playing ele. I have been playing it for 6 months. It is my primary. The changes planned will not effect the basic bunker all that much. Your still going to be tanky good and with condtions. Among changes you see some are necessary. Cantrips were too strong. This isn’t even up for debate. Condition anything couldn’t stick anything and that simply not fair with our level of healing.

The mobility nerf is a whole other issue. It leaves us number 5 on the list (because a mesmer traited will eventually catch up).

As far was what Daphoenix does in PvE you should be able o still do that. However be mindful that you do more work and that a Mesmer, Warrior, or even a guardian can do what an ele does with more DPS and less pressure.

You are right. Hysterics right now mean cutting through the kitten is more of a challenge. Most players will be up in arms over every nerf. Other will say all the nerfs are fine. The good ones will sit back and objectively pick it all apart. I am sorry but I am good. If you sit back the PvE nerf is minimal. Its unnecessary but minimal for PvE.

I’m not trying to say that I have a sadder story than anyone. Nor am I trying to “measure up” with you. I’m just trying to illustrate my dilemma. It’s not just with eles for me, this has happened SEVERAL times for me now. Just want to spare myself this one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Strongest class in game for going on 5 months, dominates leaderboards along with guardians for both eu and na. Needs a nerf. Its sad but true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: HappyHubris.1096

HappyHubris.1096

Why do you switch if a class is tuned to be less powerful? If you enjoy the playstyle it will be largely intact, and balancing isn’t going to make you useless. Do you pick a build because it looks enjoyable or because you really want an edge over other players? If it’s the latter you’ll never be happy in any MMORPG.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Only D/D mobility will be affected, anything else will stay untouched. Heck, you actually have some neat options: Signet of Air, One With the Air or the underdog Windborne Dagger…

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

I’m not trying to say that I have a sadder story than anyone. Nor am I trying to “measure up” with you. I’m just trying to illustrate my dilemma. It’s not just with eles for me, this has happened SEVERAL times for me now. Just want to spare myself this one.

Sorry its not about a sad story. My point is this given your investment I would tell you flat out get over it. Players who have played ele for a long time knew this was coming. The issue is with our investment in time and energy we are kitten bu many of us see why they are doing what they are doing.

The other point you missed is that in PvE not much is changing. There isn’t room for complaints in PvE except for RTL and that a QoL issue there and spec killer in WvW. You have to separate what happening from the anger you are reading.

To make this simple. In PvE not much is changing for DD. It is still OK to play.

Also one last thing to note if you are talking about the WvW videos where he has his commander tag up buffs out of this world and hes dropping folks don’t expect to be able to do that. Your measuring stick for D/D ele really needs to be outside PvP including WvW if you are new. Honestly don’t expect this to be a direct class killer in PvE.

Only D/D mobility will be affected, anything else will stay untouched. Heck, you actually have some neat options: Signet of Air, One With the Air or the underdog Windborne Dagger…

I don’t get your point. Yes, I am referring to DD. And mobility has more to do with movement skills than swiftness or 25% signets. Ports, Shadowsteps, Rushes, leaps, and backwards evade ie rolls. If the former were the case the only slow classes would be guardian and and mesmer.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I understand where you are coming from. You are o.k. with the play-style being toned down a bit (RtL is shorter, healing is less effective, other people steal boons/damage more from boons), it just really hurts when they nerf you actually carrying out the play-style. I am all for making a play-style less effective. It just hurts when they seek to all-out destroy a style.

Mobility is pretty much gone, meaning I can’t play ele anymore b/c we can’t counter-burst theives, I don’t have all day to wait around as they endlessly reset fights/ wait for me to make a mistake, and now I can’t even run away reasonably.

“Oh, you want to be a fast/mobile fighter that can sustain a fight but won’t pop anyone down a ton. Too bad, we want you to be a bunker – stay where you are and fight the waves that come as you tickle your enemies to death!! DIE CLOTHIE!!”

The thieves are laughing all the way to the bank!

in Elementalist

Grimstar.6931

Sorry its not about a sad story. My point is this given your investment I would tell you flat out get over it. Players who have played ele for a long time knew this was coming. The issue is with our investment in time and energy we are kitten bu many of us see why they are doing what they are doing.

The other point you missed is that in PvE not much is changing. There isn’t room for complaints in PvE except for RTL and that a QoL issue there and spec killer in WvW. You have to separate what happening from the anger you are reading.

To make this simple. In PvE not much is changing for DD. It is still OK to play.

Also one last thing to note if you are talking about the WvW videos where he has his commander tag up buffs out of this world and hes dropping folks don’t expect to be able to do that. Your measuring stick for D/D ele really needs to be outside PvP including WvW if you are new. Honestly don’t expect this to be a direct class killer in PvE.

I don’t get your point. Yes, I am referring to DD. And mobility has more to do with movement skills than swiftness or 25% signets. Ports, Shadowsteps, Rushes, leaps, and backwards evade ie rolls. If the former were the case the only slow classes would be guardian and and mesmer.

I don’t exactly see the problem with trying to appeal (although maybe it’s pointless) to Anet to not do this. What exactly is your problem?

in Elementalist

TheGuy.3568

I don’t exactly see the problem with trying to appeal (although maybe it’s pointless) to Anet to not do this. What exactly is your problem?

I don’t have a problem your just not reading. You beg A-net not to nerf ele in your Op your not even specific about what nerfs. I am literally telling you as far as PvE goes nothing major is changing. the only thing that really affects DD is RtL the rest WE ALL SAW COMING. The only thing thee is even a chance of getting changed is RtL. Appeal all you want but your Op has 0 specifics beside the point you have been playing ele for 3 weeks and you fear the nerf. As I am going to tell you again nothing is really changing in PvE. It’s your lack of knowledge of the class that has got you in this tail spin of fear that its not going to be fun but factually its not changing that much.

I don’t know how else to say it to you kid but your post is a whine on things that simply wont affect you.

If you really want to appeal look at the RtL thread. That’s an appeal thread. This is whining and fear and I told you there is nothing to fear about the change. Do not listen if you like it doesn’t matter.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

You can always do what I plan on doing and refuse to spend another cent on this game if they go through with the changes. tell everyone you know to do the same. Protest it in a way they HAVE to pay attention to by hitting them where it hurts most, in their wallets. If all the eles band together and refuse to stop supporting the game financially, they will have no choice but to listen. Considering the huge amount of people who play ele, that is a very big loss in revenue.

in Elementalist

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

D/D ele is the single most OP spec in the game so far , whoever is denying this needs a reality check and some game sense. It’s funny how thieves get nerfed every single patch and yet they still didnt adress this build Quite sad.

play hard , go pro.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

Have been a main ele since the very first beta.

As far as i see it: no changes in PvE. Seriously that doesn’t effect us at all.

In PvP: seems like a weird way around it. I don’t think the D/D bunker will die from this update though. Since RTL works the way like before our mobility isn’t impaired, we can escape dire situations just like before.
Mistform nerf hits hard. That’s the only thing that really hurts. Unfortunately “normal” eles suffer the same pain.

Nerfing the “cantrips recharge 20% faster” would have ended the D/D rampage. This update will just make it slightly more difficult to fight as an ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

I haven’t really heard or read anything about the nerfs to come and y’all are making me afraid to go and find out….

Would someone mind posting a link where I can read up on these potential changes?

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

(edited by Mandar.9813)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Oh you’ll be fine. D/D will still be viable I’m sure. Heck I’ll feel like running it even more now, so I can be one of the rare few :P

dude what the kitten are you talking about..It will be a melee setup that has to wait 40 sec to use a gap closer./disengage in wvw (dont fool yourself no one will allow himselft to get hit by rtl )
If anything ALL other pure melee setups for other classes are much more mobile in game now..especially for roaming
I think s/d iwill be more viable due to some range there

in Elementalist

Posted by: idorian.2859

idorian.2859

If you can’t use Ether renewal effectively, don’t use it. Glymp of Elemental Harmony is arguably just as good and is fairly quick.

maybe you’re forgetting the condition removal that comes with ER. and ER has stronger heals than GoEH. players like me that are using staff while in wvwvw will be heavily affected by changing healing skill, because we will need another way to clean conditions. cleansing fire will be a good choice, but then we will have to give up on armor of earth or arcane wave. balanced build will be wiped, that’s all.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

maybe you’re forgetting the condition removal that comes with ER. and ER has stronger heals than GoEH. players like me that are using staff while in wvwvw will be heavily affected by changing healing skill, because we will need another way to clean conditions. cleansing fire will be a good choice, but then we will have to give up on armor of earth or arcane wave. balanced build will be wiped, that’s all.

I meant in a D/D capacity.

I have said this patch would be a unfair one for Staff eles, I do in fact think they are right to feel somewhat shocked and lost right now.

@kostbabis

Did you actually watch the SoTG? People need to seriously stop posting inaccurate information, I keep seeing this misinformation to add drama. IF YOU TARGET SOMEONE, REGARDLESS OF IF THEY DODGE, HAVE AEGIS, BLOCK IN SOME OTHER FASHION OR YOU’RE BLIND AND YOU MISS, the cool down will be 20 seconds.

This is all because Anet wants this purely to be a gap closer and not some cheese escape, and punishes you for it.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

D/D ele is the single most OP spec in the game so far , whoever is denying this needs a reality check and some game sense. It’s funny how thieves get nerfed every single patch and yet they still didnt adress this build Quite sad.

The D/D gets nerfed but at the same time staff get destroyed. That’s the problem with these nerfs. They hurt the non-problem specs more than the ones they’re trying to fix.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

I have said this patch would be a unfair one for Staff eles, I do in fact think they are right to feel somewhat shocked and lost right now.

@kostbabis

Did you actually watch the SoTG? People need to seriously stop posting inaccurate information, I keep seeing this misinformation to add drama. IF YOU TARGET SOMEONE, REGARDLESS OF IF THEY DODGE, HAVE AEGIS, BLOCK IN SOME OTHER FASHION OR YOU’RE BLIND AND YOU MISS, the cool down will be 20 seconds.

This is all because Anet wants this purely to be a gap closer and not some cheese escape, and punishes you for it.

Unfortunately you are incorrect..or they cant make proper sentences which might be possible.They said when it hits not when its used with target

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

@kostbabis

Unfortunately you are incorrect..or they cant make proper sentences which might be possible.They said when it hits not when its used with target

They also gave the example of someone blocking it (Aegis) or it missing a target. It wont activate the long cool down in that scenario they said. Go back and rewatch it.

I doubt dodge would be different, because that would just be stupid.

To be honest I’m not surprised. On a semantics front, RTL = “To your foe”. They always wanted it to be a gap closer and not an escape mechanism. A similar philosophy skill is Bull’s Rush on warriors, which has a default 40 second cool down to begin with.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

They said in the video they want to take ele’s mobility, then just remove RtL and save people from further frustration.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

We cant tell but bloks are registered as hits they said.Also theres the possibilitythat your enemy is out of your range so having him on target does not mean that you will get the 20 sec cd

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

I’m fairly sure that’s what they meant. We’ll have to wait and see anyways. If so, it just becomes a gap closer like bull’s Rush, that’s not as movement impaired. I’ll still use it, and not feel bad about it anymore.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’m fairly sure that’s what they meant. We’ll have to wait and see anyways. If so, it just becomes a gap closer like bull’s Rush, that’s not as movement impaired. I’ll still use it, and not feel bad about it anymore.

Until they hammer the skill again.
Honestly, I keep asking myself why they added daggers for elementalists if they were going to nerf it till it becomes bs.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: idorian.2859

idorian.2859

They said in the video they want to take ele’s mobility, then just remove RtL and save people from further frustration.

i’m not in favour of wipes, erasing a skill it’s terrible. i know it’s not easy to balance a class, but a nerf is not the solution, not this way.changes to rtl are acceptable, but what about mist form? i use the combo mist+heal like hell while in www, just to counter zerg movements. i see a lot of ele complaining for these changes because it will affect their gameplay in pve, and it makes me laugh. real challenge starts while in pvp, and our pvp effectivness is compromised with that change.

in Elementalist

PistolWhip.2697

i’m not in favour of wipes, erasing a skill it’s terrible. i know it’s not easy to balance a class, but a nerf is not the solution, not this way.changes to rtl are acceptable, but what about mist form? i use the combo mist+heal like hell while in www, just to counter zerg movements. i see a lot of ele complaining for these changes because it will affect their gameplay in pve, and it makes me laugh. real challenge starts while in pvp, and our pvp effectivness is compromised with that change.

Give me another class that can use their utility+ heal skills while immune to CC, conditions and damage. Then we’ll talk.

oh Elixir S? That’s getting the same nerf on Engi.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

oh Elixir S? That’s getting the same nerf on Engi.

Still has shorter cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

don’t what? bring into the line the class that has ruled spvp for 5+months. with constant complains for tourney players, and an overwhelming consensus that they are the strongest class.

(edited by daydream.2938)

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

don’t want? bring into the line the class that has ruled spvp for 5+months. with constant complains for tourney players, and an overwhelming consensus that they are the strongest class.

wrong forum man..This is the place where pve people try to understand why they ll be travelling at much less average speed and wont be able to roam in wvw.
Try posting these comments in spvp section cause here they dont make much sence to many people

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

The one thing that needs to be reverted is the RTL thing. You don’t just double the cooldown on the prime way a profession moves around.

I mean come on, ranger swoop moves them 1100 range on a 12 second cooldown. Yet RTL moving you 1200 range on 20s is OP? It needs to be FORTY seconds?

in Elementalist

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

Anet swings the Nerf bat more than a group of players trying to down a thief in shadow refuge.

Help

in Elementalist

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Please reconsider the nerfs you plan to implement for Elementalists, particularly the ones that affect the D/D build. This may sound like a selfish request but please hear me out.

I don’t even have an Ele leveled all the way up yet. However, ever since about 3 weeks ago I have been leveling her and have been slaving to get her ascended gear, armor, and runes. Why? Because I was burned out from other classes I was playing because I was told that my preferred playstyle was too “OP” and needed to be nerfed.

I have been trying to find reasons to keep playing. Usually that means leveling different classes. When that class got nerfed, I tried to adjust, but it just wasn’t fun anymore. I was almost ready to quit a few weeks ago. But then I saw the D/D Ele build and videos by Daphoenix and thought “whoa, I wanna be able to do that.” So i set out to get my Ele ready.

Now, I just kind of feel lost. That build and playstyle that I saw was the absolute REASON I wanted to level my Ele. Now all the hard work I have put in to get her gear feels like it’s all for nothing.

I’m just tired of being “fun starved” in this game. It just seems every time I’m having fun with a class, you guys take it away.

As I said, I know it’s selfish; But could you please, PLEASE, just give us this one?

Alright. Flame on.

I agree. I’ve already uninstalled the game after watching that lengthy ‘State of the game’ video, knew this day would eventually come tbh. The anet representatives described these nerfs as ‘evening it out’ and just ‘going slow and balancing the elementalist little by little.’ Is anet honestly serious.

We all know eles traited with the 0/10/0/30/30 can burst heal extremely well and remove conditions effectively, but this is our only defence. And dont blame the OP for using this so called ‘OP’ spec. It simply has a good synergy with all its traits, but in order to use it effectively the skill is definitely needed.

As a light armour with pathetic hp to have satisfactory damage, restricting the condition removing to 1 per removal, is a big big hit. Now any necro can come along, stack a few bleeds and bam down we go.
And the mobility issue. Yes RTL is extremely useful in many situations. 20 seconds was pretty lengthy enough, rarely found it up when i desperately needed it, but 40 secs? almost the same cd has cleansing wave? gtfo.

Honestly never thought that the devs would make these changes by looking at videos such as daphoenix. The devs should go make a dd ele run into a group of 2~4 and see what happens, let alone a zerg. Sure, you might run away pretty well but killing them all? nop, most of us cant do that sorry. It seems like this is an answer to make staffs more popular… break other builds.

Holycowow