December 03/12/12 Update

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Elementalist

- Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.
– Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.
– Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.
– Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.
– Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.
– Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
– Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.

Interesting stuff… Yay for earth EA blast finisher!
fingers crossed, hope it actually works

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

Not really. They only fixed a few bugs and added what should’ve already been there.

Evasive Arcana’s Earth-specific blast finisher is strange, though.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Hell yah! Thanks so much devs.

And Methodic, seriously I can’t believe you’re still complaining about this…rejoice my brother!

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Master Age.7391

Master Age.7391

Yeah, they fixed the annoying Eletrocute bug, the limiting Conjure bug, and they at least fixed Dragon’s Tooth rather than just saying it didn’t have a blast finisher anyway.

I thought that the spells that EA mimics, only the earth one has a blast finisher to begin with. It makes sense in that context.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

So is that change a sign that they are erverting the AE earth back to churning earth?

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

MethodicMockingbird.6520

And Methodic, seriously I can’t believe you’re still complaining about this…rejoice my brother!

Rejoice in what, exactly? What is there to rejoice in? I would gladly rejoice, if there was something worth rejoicing over.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: E Kay.9236

E Kay.9236

Rejoice in what, exactly? What is there to rejoice in? I would gladly rejoice, if there was something worth rejoicing over.

Okay, so they should stop fixing issues… got it.

Personally, thank you Arena Net.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Aiglos.2907

Not really. They only fixed a few bugs and added what should’ve already been there.

Evasive Arcana’s Earth-specific blast finisher is strange, though.

I do agree with you here…

The cynical side me is thinking that they have purposely been breaking ele skills, so that they can fix them later and be praised by the ele community for it

Although I am happy to have the fixes lol.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spartacular.6194

Spartacular.6194

One more thing that they did not include in the patch notes :
You can no longer use Lightning strike and Blinding Flash while in Ride the Lightning.
I don’t know if this change was supposed to be any kind of a fix, intended or not, I dislike it a lot.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

E Kay.9236

(…)

The cynical side me is thinking that they have purposely been breaking ele skills, so that they can fix them later and be praised by the ele community for it

Although I am happy to have the fixes lol.

Well, the EA problem was that all spells were triggering the blast finisher and the 10 seconds cool-down was not being applied. This was OP (fun though!)… Instead of leaving something unbalanced in the game, they remove it until they have a fix (like now). In the mean time I have simply tried another build. This is the right way of doing things I believe.

Edit: Only fire and earth were triggering the finisher…

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: vladi.6547

vladi.6547

One more thing that they did not include in the patch notes :
You can no longer use Lightning strike and Blinding Flash while in Ride the Lightning.
I don’t know if this change was supposed to be any kind of a fix, intended or not, I dislike it a lot.

You can’t actually use ANY skills while rtl >_<

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

MethodicMockingbird.6520

You must not have read my first post. Most of these fixes are things that should’ve been the base game. I’m all for fixes, but I’m not going to praise the devs for giving us non-kittened abilities when that’s what should’ve been the case from the start.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Aiglos.2907

In his defence, I do partially agree with him. These things shouldn’t have been broken in the first place. The last update they added/changed the functionality of dragon’s tooth and conjure weapons. They should have worked then.

So while I’m happy they’ve fixed the skills, he has a very fair point.

I am happy about EA though

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hork.4071

Hork.4071

Dragon tooth is working again too tested multiple times.

note: thou it has to be in the combo field in order to get it. example ring of fire….enemy and dragon tooth and you grant you might as long as every thing happens inside ring of fire.

edit: oh yeah i forgot, you get finisher at end of spell.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

You must not have read my first post. Most of these fixes are things that should’ve been the base game. I’m all for fixes, but I’m not going to praise the devs for giving us non-kittened abilities when that’s what should’ve been the case from the start.

Unrealistic expectations my friend. Unrealistic. You can’t expect software to be 100% bug free upon release. It’s just not going to happen, ever.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Nerf what you want, but leave my Staff be.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Very interesting patch.

To note that this was not exactly a balancing patch (that one will come in december 14th, I believe? The wintersday patch), but mostly a bug fix patch. Look at other professions’ changes, they were mostly bug fixes too, and so was almost everything else in this patch.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: vladi.6547

vladi.6547

Very interesting patch.

To note that this was not exactly a balancing patch (that one will come in december 14th, I believe? The wintersday patch), but mostly a bug fix patch. Look at other professions’ changes, they were mostly bug fixes too, and so was almost everything else in this patch.

Except rtl and shocking aura stealth nerf

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spartacular.6194

Spartacular.6194

Very interesting patch.

Except rtl and shocking aura stealth nerf

Very odd that they actually made this look like a RtL stealth nerf.
Most eles use this ability pretty much on CD especially for all kind of roaming / exploring so I really don’t know why they would not include it in the patch notes.
Could be a bug, I hope.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Seems like they changed RTL’s functionality, and that the HP loss is a bug. The new functionality does not seems to take my vitality from traits into account.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

E Kay.9236

I am sorry if that sounded insulting (after rereading it, I realize that might be), that was not my intention. And of course I think that should have been there from the start, but such is the way in such a complex system as an MMO, it is difficult to get things right. And GW2 is in far better shape after 4 months than most MMOs. What I wanted to point out is that even if something ought to have been there from the start, I still find it a good excuse to rejoice when they fix things.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zartheon.5874

Zartheon.5874

I suppose RTL changes are a buggy consequence of this:
- Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

are you albe to get damage or cc while in rtl ? I remember getting damage or a backpull by necromancer mobs in the 80 zones or wvw.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

You mean RTL works for you guys??

It usually puts me waaaay past my target so I have to run back to get to it in Wv3. For me it is the most buggy ability the Ele has next to maybe Magnetic Grasp.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oliin.9581

Oliin.9581

Ok, I’m going to throw this out there. Fixes should not be praised or rejoiced over, they should be expected. That includes fixes to things that are brokenly overpowerd as well as things that are underpowered.

Granted I’m well aware there’s a vast gulf between what should be and what is, but that’s my general stance on the matter of fixes.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

Ok, I’m going to throw this out there. Fixes should not be praised or rejoiced over, they should be expected. That includes fixes to things that are brokenly overpowerd as well as things that are underpowered.

Granted I’m well aware there’s a vast gulf between what should be and what is, but that’s my general stance on the matter of fixes.

I agree. Bug fixes are more of a, “do your #$#$ JOB!” kinda thing. Balancing is more of a, “I just don’t think I could get any more drunk than I am now, so I think I am ready to go ahead and balance the Elementalist!”

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

True, but that doesn’t mean we can’t thank people for doing their job. Do you never say “Thank you” to a server who brings you your meal, for instance? They may just be doing their job, but politeness can go a long way in brightening their day and making sure they continue to do a good job in the future.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

MethodicMockingbird.6520

True, but that doesn’t mean we can’t thank people for doing their job. Do you never say “Thank you” to a server who brings you your meal, for instance? They may just be doing their job, but politeness can go a long way in brightening their day and making sure they continue to do a good job in the future.

This I agree with. I wasn’t trying to say that fixes are unwelcome or anything like that, but mostly that, yes, they are like a developer doing his or her job, so it seems a little out-of-place to praise them for something they get paid for. But I can also sympathize with the idea of thanking them occasionally for making my gaming experience a more pleasurable/functional one, even if that’s their modus operandi.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Lol at people rejoycing at bug fixes…

Sounds to me that some players are too desperate for the game, in their opinion, to be “perfect”.

21/12/2012…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oliin.9581

Oliin.9581

I didn’t actually mean to imply otherwise. I was more intending my remark towards the ‘rejoice’ comment and the fact that in many games I’ve seen people effusively praise developer teams when they finally get around to fixing a long broken class/power/mechanic/whatever.

Maybe it’s just that I don’t see politeness and heartfelt thanks as praise. They’re both things that someone who’s done their job well just flat out deserves. I’ll just chalk up the misunderstanding of my meaning to my thought process being admittedly a little odd on certain topics.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chok.9037

Chok.9037

cantrip mastery works with mist form now.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: CurtMonash.3498

CurtMonash.3498

So Dragon’s Tooth is now a blast finisher, but only when the tooth actually drops?

That’s how I read the post above.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Nope, still doesn’t. The tool-tip says 60s as it did the last major patch, but the recharge is still 75 if you cared to actually test it.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chok.9037

Chok.9037

Nope, still doesn’t. The tool-tip says 60s as it did the last major patch, but the recharge is still 75 if you cared to actually test it.

I did care, and I did tested it. I just tried in PvE, it still doesn’t work. But when I got back to the Mists (PvP), it worked (I tested it here first). It’s weird.

I still haven’t tried it on WvW though.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

RTL is indeed a bug. I’ve got a fix and going to try and push it through today.

Jon

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Jon

Awesome, thanks Jon!

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@MethodicMockingbird and other not happy

At least you guys have bug fixes. Some didn’t even get a single fixe.

Still crying over my necro Minions master

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: typingofthedead.5614

typingofthedead.5614

Jon

as a software developer, it is slightly concerning to me that in 2 week dev cycles, yous guys appear to be missing blatent bugs (ie losing traited stats while transformed) that the player community was both able to notice and diagnose within a few hours of playing.

public test server anyone?

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

Shhhhh!! Don’t scare the devs off our forums please! He said theres going to be a hotfix. I don’t want another 2 month span of no interaction with them.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: typingofthedead.5614

typingofthedead.5614

hahah its just meant to be constructive criticism, jon can take it :-P this is a great game that im sure isnt easy to balance.

plus im still sorta mad at him for promising all these secret awesome ranger fixes and then responding with underwater combat buffs, a minor tweak to the greatsword, and making spirits less useless in the tooltip only. but hey thats why im an ele now and im lovin it hahaha

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Jon

While you’re at it can you see if you may be able to get a quick fix for this? I understand it might not be a quick fix though. :s

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hork.4071

Hork.4071

So Dragon’s Tooth is now a blast finisher, but only when the tooth actually drops?

That’s how I read the post above.

Yes after tooth drops. I’m almost sure it used to at the beginning of the spell and would trigger the finisher where ever the tooth landed that was the fix (11/15) that they put it place. So I believe it is working as intended after 12/3 patch since DT had no finisher after 11/15

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Jon

by just replying to our threads you are making us happy!!!! thanks

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Jon

While you’re at it can you see if you may be able to get a quick fix for this? I understand it might not be a quick fix though. :s

Thanks for the vid. Got a fix for this now too.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

Jon

by just replying to our threads you are making us happy!!!! thanks

I’ll second this sentiment.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

finally
PvP is a waste at its current state for eles

and what about those “Patch time bugs” concerning sieges

last few updates always removed 90% of all siege weapons placed in WvW

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Jon

Thanks for the vid. Got a fix for this now too.

Yessss! Thank you! Greatly appreciate it.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: RawkFist.1935

RawkFist.1935

Jon,

Thank you for restoring my faith in your team. It’s not necessarily quick fixes that I desire as much as it is acknowledgement.

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Jon

The only way to appropriate express my feelings about this:

http://youtu.be/usfiAsWR4qU

December 03/12/12 Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

so….

EA still worthless.

got it.