Dedicated healer ?

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

New water trait !!!!

Can we play as a dedicated Healer? (staff)

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

No.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

Don’t think so, however new trait + full monk rune = 20% outgoing heal which makes it much better than before.

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Don’t think so, however new trait + full monk rune = 20% outgoing heal which makes it much better than before.

Um, no? Aquatic Benevolence gives 25% extra healing to allies, and Rune of the Monk gives 10% extra healing to allies. This adds up to a total of 35% extra healing.
With 1400 healing power, Aquatic Benevolence, and Rune of the Monk’s bonus (and applied on allies of course):
- Geyser heals about 4700hp
- Water Blast heals for 1k every blast
- Healing Rain (assuming 45% boon duration) gives about 17 seconds of regeneration in total, which heals for about 7300hp (!) in total.
- Bursted water fields heal for 2160hp
- Healing Ripple (trait) heals for about 3650hp
- Evasive Arcana’s cleansing wave heals for about 1800 (in pvp, double that in any other mode),
- Soothing Mist heals for about 2000hp every 10 seconds.
- Sigil of Water heals for about 700 on each activation.

In total, assuming sigil of water procs twice, Soothing Mist procs once, Evasive Arcana procs once, you land four water blasts, and there are three water fields bursted by you (via arcane brilliance, arcane wave, and earth staff #2), that all adds up to 31450 healing. Now I don’t know about what you guys think, but that’s not exactly a small amount of healing. Take into account that this is all AoE, and the numbers go into the 100000’s.

That being said, I can’t say with 100% certainty that they’ve reached the “dedicated healer” level yet, but along with the more “monky” guardians (staff, Healing Breeze, consecrations, Tome of Courage, etc), water elementalists can get pretty kitten close to that level.

Aquatic Benevolence is so underrated. I wish there was a trait like this for guardians (I’ll be enjoying it on my elementalist at least). >_>

Edit: Forgot about the water bolt spam from a Tornado’d water field.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Um, no? Aquatic Benevolence gives 25% extra healing to allies, and Rune of the Monk gives 10% extra healing to allies. This adds up to a total of 35% extra healing.
With 1400 healing power, Aquatic Benevolence, and Rune of the Monk’s bonus (and applied on allies of course):
- Geyser heals about 4700hp
- Water Blast heals for 1k every blast
- Healing Rain (assuming 45% boon duration) gives about 17 seconds of regeneration in total, which heals for about 7300hp (!) in total.
- Bursted water fields heal for 2160hp
- Healing Ripple (trait) heals for about 3650hp
- Evasive Arcana’s cleansing wave heals for about 1800 (in pvp, double that in any other mode),
- Soothing Mist heals for about 2000hp every 10 seconds.
- Sigil of Water heals for about 700 on each activation.

In total, assuming sigil of water procs twice, Soothing Mist procs once, Evasive Arcana procs once, you land four water blasts, and there are three water fields bursted by you (via arcane brilliance, arcane wave, and earth staff #2), that all adds up to 31450 healing. Now I don’t know about what you guys think, but that’s not exactly a small amount of healing. Take into account that this is all AoE, and the numbers go into the 100000’s.

That being said, I can’t say with 100% certainty that they’ve reached the “dedicated healer” level yet, but along with the more “monky” guardians (staff, Healing Breeze, consecrations, Tome of Courage, etc), water elementalists can get pretty kitten close to that level.

One word: poison.

Also… the numbers get big over time. But that doesn’t mean anything. It’s all about Healing Per Second. Our HPS is a long ways off from what is needed for a dedicated healer.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

Also… the numbers get big over time. But that doesn’t mean anything. It’s all about Healing Per Second. Our HPS is a long ways off from what is needed for a dedicated healer.

Condition cleansing? It’s true that they’re quite weak to poison providing it isn’t cleansed, but if anything this only shows how powerful their healing is.

Those healing numbers should all happen within like 10 seconds. I’m fairly certain that the sustained healing of this is also very high (I’d need to calculate it to be entirely sure of course). Either way, 30000 burst healing is no joke.

edit: Very loosely calculated, but their HPS to allies should be around 1600~ hp/s.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Paragon.6158

Paragon.6158

Our HPS is fine, this game’s fight mechanics are vastly different that of other MMOs allowing us to have a lower HPS and still be effective. Can we heal through someone face tanking boss without them healing themselves, dodging and trying to mitigate the damage in addition to us? No. But what we can do is keep a group a cleansed and give them a nice health cushion to prevent any random blasts from taking them all out.

While I haven’t looked at a healing setup yet for my Eelementalist I’m fairly confident that we can do a great deal of work in that department.

Fortune favors the bold.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

zilcho.7624

Condition cleansing? It’s true that they’re quite weak to poison providing it isn’t cleansed, but if anything this only shows how powerful their healing is.

Those healing numbers should all happen within like 10 seconds. I’m fairly certain that the sustained healing of this is also very high (I’d need to calculate it to be entirely sure of course). Either way, 30000 burst healing is no joke.

I never said it was trivial, I just said it’s a long ways off from dedicated healing.

As for poison, there are thousands of sources for it. You couldn’t possibly keep it off anyone who is being focused.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

I never said it was trivial, I just said it’s a long ways off from dedicated healing.

As for poison, there are thousands of sources for it. You couldn’t possibly keep it off anyone who is being focused.

So what would you consider to be the approximate numbers of healing for a dedicated healer?

It depends on who and how many people are focusing the target (for example, guardians, mesmers, and warriors don’t exactly apply poison frequently). It also depends on how effective your combined allied condition removal is.
For example, if you have a guardian who can place a few light fields, just tornado it and then blow out all of your burst healing. I do realize tornado isn’t exactly an on-demand thing though.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

zilcho.7624

So what would you consider to be the approximate numbers of healing for a dedicated healer?

It depends on who and how many people are focusing the target (for example, guardians, mesmers, and warriors don’t exactly apply poison frequently). It also depends on how effective your combined allied condition removal is.

For sPvP, whatever the highest potential burst of the other team is. I’m not exactly sure what that translates to, but I know it is a lot more than what we are currently able to do.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Found a couple uses for it in pve. Taking noob under 80 squishies through ac the water staff pushes them through that spider stack. Also makes killing the ghosts while detha assembles the traps go pretty smooth for the same under 80 group. But still useless for experienced party imo.

Wvwvw only use it to pvp door and as a result splash water onto the ram operators.

Dedicated healer ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You sunshines don’t realize that frequent Healing Rain, your EA dodges and personal sources of players should be enough to neglate the poison? Unless your group essentialy stacks on some poison field, there’s little chance that there will be dedicated “poisoners”.
OP missed Sigil of Benevolence also, which further increases outgoing healing by 12.5%.

I can say that I’ve tested it and on Teq run nobody who stood close to me died even once, in melee range.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144