Dev Feedback: Evasive Arcana

in Elementalist

Posted by: SDZz.8260

SDZz.8260

Hey!

Wanted to suggest changing the internal cooldown of evasive arcana (Arcane GM trait) to 8 or 9 seconds perhaps instead of 10?

Reasoning: With upcoming balance changes, attunement swap recharge will be reduced to 8.7 seconds per attunement. This means that evasive arcana will not synergise with attunement swap as well as it did previously, and with us having to make choice between evasive arcana and elemental attunement, I think this is fairly reasonable to ask.

Opinions? please keep this constructive.

Team Aggression -
@Staff Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Hey!

Wanted to suggest changing the internal cooldown of evasive arcana (Arcane GM trait) to 8 or 9 seconds perhaps instead of 10?

Reasoning: With upcoming balance changes, attunement swap recharge will be reduced to 8.7 seconds per attunement. This means that evasive arcana will not synergise with attunement swap as well as it did previously, and with us having to make choice between evasive arcana and elemental attunement, I think this is fairly reasonable to ask.

The skills that activate are affected by the former alacrity traits that reduce skill recharge of one attunement by 20%. So you can already get an 8s CD on the skills that you want, which is absolutely worthwhile in my opinion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Hey!

This isn’t really important, as there is still a general cooldown on attunement swap (~1s), and ElAt procs on-swap. Further, you are going to use 1-2 skills before swapping again. The minimum time between rotations will still be about 11-12s.

in Elementalist

SDZz.8260

Hey!

This isn’t really important, as there is still a general cooldown on attunement swap (~1s), and ElAt procs on-swap. Further, you are going to use 1-2 skills before swapping again. The minimum time between rotations will still be about 11-12s.

Im talking about going e.g from water > earth > water with Evasive Arcana. So lets say I change attunement mid dodge, so when I finish the dodge, currently the effect of evasive arcana will ALWAYS proc. However with the reduced cooldown of attunements after the changes, but Evasive arcana’s cooldown still being the same of 10 seconds, my dodgeroll after patch will not always cast a spell at the end of the dodge.

This is why I’m asking for an internal cooldown of around 9 seconds for Evasive arcana.

Maybe I haven’t been the most clear about what I mean. I want evasive arcana’s internal cooldown in line with the attunement cooldowns, so no matter how quickly you switch attunement, you will always get an evasive arcana proc at the end of your dodge.

Team Aggression -
@Staff Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

That makes sense. I can see how that one second can screw someone over if they (for example) were waiting for the moment for water to recharge to expend their last dodge only to get squat since ICD was still in effect. That, and it doesn’t seem fair to make players have to hesitate if they are really watching their attunement cooldowns. It would match up with the current CD’s lining up perfectly with each other (of course ignoring Fresh Air air attunement).

Though the 1 second hesitation may be intentional to add to the sense of cooldown management. /shrug

(edited by savacli.8172)

in Elementalist

SDZz.8260

That makes sense. I can see how that one second can screw someone over if they (for example) were waiting for the moment for water to recharge to expend their last dodge only to get squat since ICD was still in effect. That, and it doesn’t seem fair to make players have to hesitate if they are really watching their attunement cooldowns. It would match up with the current CD’s lining up perfectly with each other (of course ignoring Fresh Air air attunement).

Though the 1 second hesitation may be intentional to add to the sense of cooldown management. /shrug

The first part ^^

Team Aggression -
@Staff Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Makes sense in theory, although I don’t think it’d have much of an impact in practice.

The only time this would matter is if you used two dodges back-to-back, with each dodge in a different attunement. I’m hard-pressed to think of a situation in which you’d ever want to double-dodge like that, since you’d be burning up all of your endurance. I guess it might happen in PvE if you’re trying to blind the boss and also blast a field or something?

Either way, I don’t see any reason NOT to make this change…

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)