Dev: little communication for ele's

in Elementalist

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

Many players have complained about Anet not caring about the ele, pointing out build, survivability, one weapon slot, dismal damage…..etc. I have read many good ideas submitted by players on these forums regarding how to repair and re-balance the class in respects to itself, and other classes. However, there seems to be a major lack of feedback from devs on the ele forums. As of this post, there have been only 3 reply’s by Anet in 20 pages of player posts.

This lack of communication is partly responsible for the discouragement that ele players feel about the class. We, as players have figured out that something is terribly wrong with the ele class, when for example, 2 hits by a warrior down us, but we need to hit a warrior 12 times (not precise estimate) to down it. We know that we have the squishiest class in the game, and also far more complex to play than the others, but our damage compared to survivability is complete trash. Just give us some damage! But please, Anet, start communicating with us about what you plan to do, if anything, with our class, or players are just going to continue to feel like Anet just doesn’t care about, or plan to do anything with the ele class to address our concerns.

I myself play many different classes – I even soloed a tower with my ranger- and the ele is one of my favorite. but in relation to the other classes that I play, the ele is the most difficult to solo with, esp in wvw, because 2 hits by just about anything is fatal, whereas I can easily take a dozen or more with the other classes. I have tried just about every possible combination of builds/weapons/armors/runes/sigils imaginable, but the results are pretty much the same. Damage builds = die easily. Survivability builds = still die easily, and I’m not exactly a pushover playing ele either. So what gives, Anet?

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Yes actually I would like to developer insight on the class.
Please once you are finished with the PvP forums head right up here!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

I think before they rebalance the skills we already have, they should give us an elite that’s a bit more useful for sPvP than the ones we have.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Devs don’t post here because qq is on every class forum. You should See how kitten ed the Rangers are.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Devs don’t post here because qq is on every class forum. You should See how kitten ed the Rangers are.

They need to accept responsibility and say “sorry we suck at balancing the game” and they i want to hear “Good news though, we are bringing in people with experience of it so we dont ruin the game”

When it comes to balancing the game, they need to accept that they are AWFUL at it, seriously one of the worst companies i have seen it comes to balancing a game.

They clearly have NO idea what they want the Ele class to be, with it’s pathetic health, pathetic armor and pathetic damage that when fixed comes at the cost of the other 2 is a joke.

It’s seems they wanted us as some sort of “Magic” Thief class – except they nerfed all the damage we could do and changed nothing else. Now we are a “Magic” thief class with all the low health of the thief but none of the damage and none of the defense at least they have the insanely over powered stealth if things dont go well which with the damage they can do shouldnt be often.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I don’t mean to be the one defending the devs in a thread that is clearly voicing our concerns, but this game is very complex, it is the most complex game I have played in my life in fact and I still believe that they are doing a job that I can qualify as good.

This thread is not the place to state how broken or not broken the elem is. These subjects have been debated more than enough in the past months and it has become clear that we need some attention.

This thread is a call for their attention. We have been asking for it many, many times. Now is the time to give us some answers.

I am sure they have read all our thoughtful posts. I am sure they are also thinking about changes, just like us.

What would make us happy is a few paragraphs from the devs telling us about it. How they view the class, how they feel about it, what are their lines of thought.

We need to know that something is being done.

The devs will reply to this thread if we make enough noise, so make them come!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

Nah, already tried in the dungeon forum. It was ineffective…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Damage builds = die easily. Survivability builds = die easily.
i commend you for your skill in computation, as i’ve double checked your equations and have come to the conclusion that they are absolutely correct

Corrected that image for you

Attachments:

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Do or do not, there is no try!

They are massively responding on PvP threads at the moment, I am sure that they are monitoring the level of contentment of all the community so now is the time to strike!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I don’t mean to be the one defending the devs in a thread that is clearly voicing our concerns, but this game is very complex, it is the most complex game I have played in my life in fact and I still believe that they are doing a job that I can qualify as good.

Qualify as good? What game you been playing? With them in charge this game will NEVER see any sort of balance, they are simply awful at it. They over nerf classes and then over buff them.

They nerf classes without any sort of buff in other aspects.

You consider this “good”?

This thread is not the place to state how broken or not broken the elem is. These subjects have been debated more than enough in the past months and it has become clear that we need some attention.

Yeah because all of the threads stating how broken the class is wasnt enough for them to pull the finger out but this thread, this thread will get them to comment and do something…Not.

This thread is a call for their attention. We have been asking for it many, many times. Now is the time to give us some answers.

Many, Many times and gone ignored this will continue.

I am sure they have read all our thoughtful posts. I am sure they are also thinking about changes, just like us.

Yeah read them and then ignored them.

What would make us happy is a few paragraphs from the devs telling us about it. How they view the class, how they feel about it, what are their lines of thought.

I doubt they even know what they want the class to be so that will be hard. When was the last time they posted here?…

We need to know that something is being done.

Yeah, shame nothing is being done. How long has the class been in serious need of help? and we are STILL waiting.

Yeah, No they wont.

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Just use all the weapons you have: bring lots of people here, talk about RTL and lightning hammer, +1 on every post, we can make reply to us!

Hell we could even break the forum rules and link here all the posts we have made in the past, it worked in some other forums, it can work here.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Yes actually I would like to developer insight on the class.
Please once you are finished with the PvP forums head right up here!

The ele is fine in pvp as long as they maximize their effectiveness with arcane and water builds. They want to shave classes like they have done to the elementalist ‘rather than nerf from orbit’. Also, don’t expect significant changes to staff gameplay any time soon, if ever. S/D has 1 or 2 builds that work in spvp and WvW has staff..

So the elementalist has very few issues and everything is sunshine and rainbows as long as you run arcane and maybe some water traits. Since there aren’t any problems, there’s no need to have posts address non-existant issues.

Just use all the weapons you have: bring lots of people here, talk about RTL and lightning hammer, +1 on every post, we can make reply to us!

Hell we could even break the forum rules and link here all the posts we have made in the past, it worked in some other forums, it can work here.

This would just seriously kitten off the forum mods and make them hate these subforums more than they already do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

This would just seriously kitten off the forum mods and make them hate these subforums more than they already do.

Not sure the mods could get any more zealous, they even deleted a post in spvp section that had replies from a dev the other day lol

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Riondron.1069

Riondron.1069

This post is not intended to be a griping session, but instead a vehicle for possible dialogue between players and devs. I don’t expect a response from Anet, as the usual response we do get is simply more nerfs. But I still have to try to elicit a positive response. So please keep this post going, and do not be nasty with the replies. Ty.

Commander Kitadia
NSP
Kill a few: there won’t be a many