Diamond Skin build w/ video

in Elementalist

Posted by: jkels.6398

jkels.6398

This build its super fun. I would say the most bursty I’ve ever run. Very powerful ENJOY!

NEW VIDEO

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle
Gnomez 80 Elementalist Airabetha 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/jkelsey83/videos

(edited by jkels.6398)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

the better question is, how often did you die?

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

everyone dies. If your questioning the survivability of this build i will say it holds up fairly well. 2800 armor, two stabilities, diamond skin and 4 heals. The build has so much dps that most are overwhelmed and are instantly put on the defensive. Try it and see

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Really nice vid, tho not much into wvw myself.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Just a thought, you are FULL ascended. Armor, weapons and Accessories. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe you were fighting people that weren’t full Ascended? I mean the damage is nice and all but you are full Ascended after all.

Don’t get me wrong, the damage is nice but as you have no idea about the other guys it could just be they were running rares for all you know and several of your fights involved people that were semi AFK as well which does help.

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

mmm the build gives 40% damage mod and i’m running 3,200 base attack with 94% crit damage so even though some might have crap gear and maybe semi afk the build does a lot of dps.

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

(edited by jkels.6398)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Wow one of the exact same burst builds I used to run back when i was d/d. Of course there was no diamond skin back then and i used to run only with 2 cantrips and 1 arcane as utility. Props, the build is fun and powerful.

Edit: nvm you also use 2 cantrips and 1 arcane.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

tried this tonight…very fun build. thanks!

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

People with you was fighting are just kittened cuz then just taked full combo on face :P

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

mmm the build gives 40% damage mod and i’m running 3,200 base attack with 94% crit damage so even though some might have crap gear and maybe semi afk the build does a lot of dps.

What food are you using I know it is sharpening stones and what esle?

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

What food are you using I know it is sharpening stones and what esle?

sweet and spicy butternut swash soup. The one that gives 100 power and 10% crit damage

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.2830

Loco.2830

dont listen to the hatters, every one has the same chance as you to gather the same items as you and alot of ppl in that video had legendaries.

yeah there might had been a few alt+tabbed over there but that is not the point, look at the combos and how well they work together! i m gob smacked here with the video, i have learned alot in that video, 4 weeks ago i made an ele and have being working really hard to gear it up but its not about the gear it seems its all about the combos……

will be trying this build ago, think it will be just as good after the BIG patch? also do you twitch? have you got a proper link for your build any where?

PS: think you could run into a zerg with this? go in and come out the other side? or even on a sniper team

FSP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Bingo!! Excellent video and shows a deep in earth Ele can do great damage.

Me and Out of Attunement a few months back where testing a deep in Earth build direct damage and it was very strong. It was weak to condi pressure because he didn’t go all the way in and get diamond skin(just 25 point in earth for the modifier) but all my other classes I brought it was a very strong against.

Great video I always enjoy Gnomez. That overwolf overlay try moving it over your map. That is where I put mine and find it’s not in the way there I was having the same issue you had in the video of accidently hovering and it messes up my camera rotation.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Just a thought, you are FULL ascended. Armor, weapons and Accessories. Have you thought that maybe, just maybe you were fighting people that weren’t full Ascended? I mean the damage is nice and all but you are full Ascended after all.

Don’t get me wrong, the damage is nice but as you have no idea about the other guys it could just be they were running rares for all you know and several of your fights involved people that were semi AFK as well which does help.

The damage should be about 5% more and his damage reduction is also about 5% that’s really the biggest difference between the ascended and exotic.

If he wouldn’t have shown his gear I doubt the question of him in full ascended vs people not in ascended would have came up.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The damage should be about 5% more and his damage reduction is also about 5% that’s really the biggest difference between the ascended and exotic.

If he wouldn’t have shown his gear I doubt the question of him in full ascended vs people not in ascended would have came up.

that 5% is from Exotic to Ascended, what if they are wearing Rare? what if they have no Ascended items at all. I mean the damage was nice and all but most of the fights were where HE had the upper hand from the start. It was always HIM starting the fights against non-moving and in some cases AFK/Semi-AFK players.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

I don’t see your point ash, he did very nice duels and outmanned fights in a build that is very gimmick. Why question every detail of it?

(edited by Dolores.5471)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I have been running fairly similar but with S/D. I only have exotic EQ though. I am amazed at how much damage Burning Speed does. It happens so fast in the video I need to replay a couple of times to see it.

Maybe I should dabble with Dagger.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

First PvP ele to think around the corner for more then half a year. Kudos to you for that. Didn’t thought I would experience this before finally leaving the game. Bad thing to see you leave the game aswell tho.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Good dmg with the modifiers, also shows how strong lf-burning speed combo is.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

If you pay attention closely you will notice that he isn’t wasting dodges (since he has no EA dodges are for avoiding) you will also notice he gets good mileage out of enduring damage to me it looks like he is consciously keeping endurance up as best as possible to get that modifier.

Awesome video and great play.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Also, his damage mod come from being above 90% hp and not dodge for that extra 30% dmg. That is why his first strikes wreak his enemies. One thing I notice is that he is using hydromancy and fire sigils which currently share a cd.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

very cool video and build.
however i hope this isn’t what will be pointed out to be as “ele are fine look”
cause killing some up scaled to 80’s with the best gear + fully buffed is pretty lolz but that is it.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

The one thing you hope it’s not was only brought up by you.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Nice gameplay. Gives me a little hope for ele… but it is relying on so many modifiers that only take effect above 90% and using all utilities at once, so it is definitely kill or be killed. Also celestial damage is going to be a LOT worse in WvW after the 15th.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Great vid dude, I loved it. I wish d/d ele could pull this off in spvp! haha

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pteor.6421

Pteor.6421

Great vid dude, I loved it. I wish d/d ele could pull this off in spvp! haha

Was just going to ask how one might manage something similar in SPvP. Currently leveling my Ele (first character, new to the game) and I intend to be doing it mostly through spvp after the patch. I’m assuming that just ripping off the runes and traits shown in the build won’t carry over well?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

very cool video and build.
however i hope this isn’t what will be pointed out to be as “ele are fine look”
cause killing some up scaled to 80’s with the best gear + fully buffed is pretty lolz but that is it.

It doesn’t need to be pointed out. All experienced players perfectly know the Ele is more than fine in WvW and in pve.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

I’ve actually ran this build in SPVP and its pretty powerful. Zerker amulet and scholar runes. The burst is insane and it is really fun fighting condi builds. There are obviously builds that are problems still.

As far as the concern staying above 90% to get your mods. Yeah sometimes it can be tough.. you have to remember to stay aggressive. What makes this build so powerful is high dps and the initial burst as you are going to get the first strike with LF with all your mods up.

Ether renewal works really well with diamond skin. Pop renewal as soon as you notice your taking conditions. Swap into water first then earth for stability then back to dpsing your enemy

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

in Elementalist

Pteor.6421

Definitely going to try this tonight in spvp. This is the kind of play style I’ve been looking for on the class that seems the most fun. Excellent work!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

It doesn’t work as well in spvp. Try cmc build with holbrak runes.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Pteor.6421

It doesn’t work as well in spvp. Try cmc build with holbrak runes.

cmc?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Oh no!!! You exposes my build!! :P

I was waiting for the patch to arrive first before posting about it, out of the fear that it might become another fotm and people will call for ele nerfs again.

The only difference is that I use divinity runes and have less toughness.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing the video.

P.S: to people who doubt if this works in PvP, yes it does. I’ve won a lot of team queue with this (of course, not always)

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Tried it out a bit in SPvP hotjoin. Was quite fun. Hard to discard the thought of EA. :P

A slightly different setup, but worked alright.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhMM6cW4wkBdEBC9gLMe0BjQHKPYBlC5AA-ToAg0CnIqRVjrGTNyas1M+YSA

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

It is funny but Diamond Skin was only relevant in 2 fights, against a Sword/Sword warrior which absolutely did nothing to him and one necro.

And prevented opener of 2 thieves with Basilisk Venom, other then those fights he was always under %90 health so his damage modifiers and Diamond Skin were useless.

For the rest of the fights you can easily do well in classical 0/10/0/30/30 which I ran in WvWvW and absolutey have no problem against anybody.

But for the love of god, I will not run that in sPVP, I have hopes that unnerf to cleansing water, evade on burning speed and sigil change and introduction of Cavalier amulet will make it playable in sPVP.

Btw, I hope they will not nutf burning speed + lightning flash combo like FGS that was his trick to one shot people.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Wow. First ele video I’ve enjoyed watching in months. +1 Maybe I’ll invest in different gear now instead of just a million types of trinkets. With new games out/coming out I’ve been reluctant to bother changing anything. Still going to wait to see what patch finalizes for everything. My 2 celestial, 4 pvt is nothing to shake a stick at, but every piece really does need the crit damage on it to feel like you’re capable of roaming.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

The numbers are just out of this world ..and that on celestial?? :O
While the gameplay was really good i still have to point out that it felt like god mode activated a bit :P .
Maybe im too used to spvp and im a wvw noob but you hit like freaking truck and they hit you for medium damage at best considering you didnt have that much access to protection. Not to degrade anything from the gameplay though. Maybe with stoneheart and a few changes it gets even better since diamond skin wasnt that big of a factor there.Then again you wouldnt be able to tank the condi snares and you would lose endurance a lot more.
those 10k firegrabs with 1.8k toughness and 15k hp though.. :O

(edited by Avead.5760)

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

The numbers are just out of this world ..and that on celestial?? :O
While the gameplay was really good i still have to point out that it felt like god mode activated a bit :P .
Maybe im too used to spvp and im a wvw noob but you hit like freaking truck and they hit you for medium damage at best considering you didnt have that much access to protection. Not to degrade anything from the gameplay though. Maybe with stoneheart and a few changes it gets even better since diamond skin wasnt that big of a factor there.Then again you wouldnt be able to tank the condi snares and you would lose endurance a lot more.
those 10k firegrabs with 1.8k toughness and 15k hp though.. :O

with mix of Knights/Cavalier/Valkyrie you can easily reach %50 crit (with fury) and %90 crit damage number still have 16K HP/2800 Armor and decent healing that is the reason D/D Ele still rocks in WvWvW while with extreme stat customisations you can cover it weak spots.

But that is also the reason D/D Ele struggles so much in sPVP because none of the Amulets fits it need, I have really high hopes for new Cavalier Amulet may be I can take my D/D Ele to sPVP again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Great vid. I’ve always liked seeing eles dominate without going deep into Arcana or Water. I’m quite surprised with how glassy your opponents are (even the non-uplevels) or are these selected videos?

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

It is funny but Diamond Skin was only relevant in 2 fights, against a Sword/Sword warrior which absolutely did nothing to him and one necro.

And prevented opener of 2 thieves with Basilisk Venom, other then those fights he was always under %90 health so his damage modifiers and Diamond Skin were useless

You need to watch more closely sir.

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Yea I saw a ranger hitting him right after he stomped the rangers buddy and he fought a 2 pu mesmers not sure how you missed those fights.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

Some must be missing the point of this build.

Yes you are going to fall below the 90% threshold and lose your 20% damage mod and diamond skin at times.

The power of this build this the initial burst with your 30% damage mod (40% within 600 meters and 45% with force sigil and 55% at night. You can tweak the damage mod up to 60% with two night sigils. I really like hyromancy though i usually hit around 3-4k when switching into attunments on top of your extra damage from switching into air or earth gives some really nice burst. )

Most classes will have to try to CC you after your burst but … you are immune. Once they release you are diamond skin it is usually to late for them. It does very well against condi builds not so great against power builds if you don’t end it quickly.

Its impossible to stay above 90% all the time. Switching into water poping renewal then going into earth will help you get back over 90% to proc diamond skin and your damage mods. That defensive combo works really well together and yes if you do get knocked down under 90% you want to try to get back over 90% ASAP but don’t go the whole fight trying to stay above 90% that will just get you killed. Keep the pressure on you still have overwhelming dps without your 20% damage mod and diamond skin.

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

(edited by jkels.6398)

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Sry, I just watch the half of it, working and youtube is not that good.

I see now the ranger and engi fight, my apologies

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

Great vid. I’ve always liked seeing eles dominate without going deep into Arcana or Water. I’m quite surprised with how glassy your opponents are (even the non-uplevels) or are these selected videos?

I put a couple uplvls in the video for entertainment value I usually don’t attack uplvls .. but i put a couple in just cause it was funny and that huge gang of uplvls was to much to resist. I was laughing so hard in that fight.. but yeah they had very little armor I think i hit one for a 12k burning speed and another guy for a 16.5k churning earth… but yeah soloy entertainment value. There are high armor players in the video though … I think three warriors and two engys had high armor the build just hits that hard.

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

in Elementalist

Posted by: SalaZin.2509

SalaZin.2509

Will you be releasing another video after the April 15th update? Considering the changes to crit. I’m wondering if it’d affect a build like this.

(\ /) This is bunny.
(=‘.’=) Put him in your signature,
(“) (”) And help him conquer the world!

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

Will you be releasing another video after the April 15th update? Considering the changes to crit. I’m wondering if it’d affect a build like this.

It will definitely effect the build. One of the reasons why I’m really kittened at anet is the celestial gear nerd considering I made my ascended gear with it. To compensate for the loss in crit damage I’m probably going to swap out my PVT earring for a cav or valk earring. It will really depend on how my stats look after the patch. I’ll probably post something though.

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle

in Elementalist

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

it’s just the crit damage that will be lower though. all the other stats will go up after the patch. you also won’t be able to run bloodlust stacks unless you commit to that sigil. so yeah, the burst will definitely suffer.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

heh, I kinda wanna see another video, great job mate

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Really nice vid, gj.
Though are are guilty of not giving proper credits to artists behind music, this is a big no no. Please add track list at the end of video or at least in info box.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I like the spec, and I made it work in spvp with: Triple Strike!

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

jkels.6398

I like the spec, and I made it work in spvp with: Triple Strike!

Glad your having fun with it

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle