Diamond skin + Soothing Power?

in Elementalist

Posted by: littlenana.8150

littlenana.8150

Does that mean eles are the best bunker now?

Sit in water = warrior equivalent healing signet
Diamond skin = nuff said

plus traits that have great synergy such as elemental shielding and soothing ice?

all you need to do is to stack toughness and healing power as much as possible

(edited by littlenana.8150)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Does that mean eles are the best bunker now?

Sit in water = warrior equivalent healing signet
Diamond skin = nuff said

plus traits that have great synergy such as elemental shielding and soothing ice?

all you need to do is to stack toughness and healing power as much as possible

People will just ignore you with that water auto attack. Ele water auto attack can’t even kill an afk shoutbow after 5 minutes.

Stone Heart is much better.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Nope, because Diamond skin will only protect you for a very short period time, then you will melt to condis if you take Soothing Power.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Firstly, if an elementalist uses both Water and Earth line with full defensive and healing traits, he will suck on everything else. Please don’t compare it to the Warrior, we are not wearing Heavy Armor and we don’t have the damage that Warrior has even when he is playing defensive.

Secondly, Soothing Mist is so weak that no one will sacrifice a Grand Master to boost it… also it works only while on Water. Warrior’s Signet works always! Elementalist meant to change Attuments he cannot stay on Water for ever, it is not beneficial.

Thirdly elementalist is the only class that really lacks useful tanky abilities (maybe thief as well). Those trait changes, might give him an extra build to focus on, but still I doubt it, there are other more effective ways to play.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Firstly, if an elementalist uses both Water and Earth line with full defensive and healing traits, he will suck on everything else. Please don’t compare it to the Warrior, we are not wearing Heavy Armor and we don’t have the damage that Warrior has even when he is playing defensive.

Secondly, Soothing Mist is so weak that no one will sacrifice a Grand Master to boost it… also it works only while on Water. Warrior’s Signet works always! Elementalist meant to change Attuments he cannot stay on Water for ever, it is not beneficial.

Thirdly elementalist is the only class that really lacks useful tanky abilities (maybe thief as well). Those trait changes, might give him an extra build to focus on, but still I doubt it, there are other more effective ways to play.

414 heal per sec is not weak. The problem is it makes you camp water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

414 heal per sec is not weak. The problem is it makes you camp water.

I’d say it’s weak by comparison since you sacrifice so much just for some passive healing. I bet healing signet would be considered weak if having it equipped lowered your damage by a huge margin. So while the ability itself isn’t weak, using it the way this person is hoping to will most certainly make it weak overall. It was not meant to be something you have active all the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

You don’t need stay in water, it tick for 9 sec even if you leave water. So when you need heal you go in water, get Soothing mist and other heals and leave water, after 9 sec if you still need heal you can enter water again so you refresh your Soothing mist again. With arcana attunment recharge will be 8.5 sec, so you can always refresh it if needed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

nope, netko. no lingering elements anymore. actually a pretty big hit for tank/support specs.

(edited by shinta.8906)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Most ele will be raging the day of the patch when they realize both our survivability and damage was nerfed. Even what looks like buffs are to compensate for something that was removed.

Maybe I’m seeing this the wrong way, but our buffs cant compare to Engi, ranger and mesmers buffs.

in Elementalist

Necrotize.2974

Seems a little hasty to say that, especially since so many things were changed. There will probably be a pretty decent sized meta shift and to be fair, Eles are pretty much mandatory all across the game modes as it is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I am also worried a bit by the loss of lingering elements. It should’ve been rolled baseline. Either way, we’ll see how things play out next week.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

You will need to mitigate any burst coming at you if you go to that route. Though, Soothing Mist was better when you had Lingering Atunements.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Shooting Mist is something aplied in water for 10s. At this moment you don’t lost shooting mist if swap to other attument. Lingering elements have never anything to do with that.

Description of shooting mist at this moment and that in future are the same.

If they didn’t stated something like that: shooting mist works only while attuned in water and ends while leave water attument and also ends for allies, I didn’t hear/saw, so that mean that they didn’t change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Shooting Mist is something aplied in water for 10s. At this moment you don’t lost shooting mist if swap to other attument. Lingering elements have never anything to do with that.

If they didn’t stated something like that: shooting mist works only while attuned in water and ends while leave water attument and also ends for allies, I didn’t hear/saw, so that mean that they didn’t change.

Wow that is really interesting. I had never noticed that. I guess lingering elements is really useless. (although who doesn’t like 150 armor)

in Elementalist

Mem no Fushia.7604

Wow that is really interesting. I had never noticed that. I guess lingering elements is really useless. (although who doesn’t like 150 armor)

I was rather what is going on when people started to talk that remove of lingering elements would change something that never didn’t have anything to do with it. Even if I knew I went ing to check.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

I was rather what is going on when people started to talk that remove of lingering elements would change something that never didn’t have anything to do with it. Even if I knew I went ing to check.

Well, I thought this, too, but then people started saying it will only work in water, so I dropped the thought. However, it does get affected. It’s true you’ll have the buff when you leave water, but the duration will be slightly reduced without lingering elements. So this means you won’t be able to have SM on you permanently due to cooldowns on other attunements and the fact you would have to just spend very little time in water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: apoidea.7095

apoidea.7095

If you have lingering elements, after you swap out of water, the soothing mist will refresh itself one last time (go up to 10 secs).

If you don’t have lingering elements, swapping out of water still allows you to keep soothing mist, but it’s 10 second duration instead of 13 seconds because it doesn’t get refreshed.

in Elementalist

Necrotize.2974

If you have lingering elements, after you swap out of water, the soothing mist will refresh itself one last time (go up to 10 secs).

If you don’t have lingering elements, swapping out of water still allows you to keep soothing mist, but it’s 10 second duration instead of 13 seconds because it doesn’t get refreshed.

IIRC, lingering elements was completely removed in this upcoming patch. Probably for that exact reason.

in Elementalist

Mem no Fushia.7604

•Base attunement recharge reduced from 13s to 10s
isn’t that just perfect? they also didn’t state nothing about changing duration of shooting mist, they only one thingy was about radious.
Much more:
•Elemental Enchantment: Boon duration is increased by 10% and attunements recharge 15% faster.
So it is like 8,5s cd on attument.

How shooting mist won’t be perma? only if you don’t sawp to water everytime you can and swap out of water fast, eventualy with 1,5s of safe time for slacking. So probably in many situations it won’t be always on you and in other hand rarely you won’t see it on you.

If I did mess something correct me.

Personaly I can’t tell that it will be a thing, but some people will try to refreshing it whenever can for unique healing.

in Elementalist

Necrotize.2974

If you’re not taking a burst then sure, by all means refresh it. But if you’re fighting someone with a lot of condi application or with heavy burst, not having access to Water attunement when you really need it is gonna seem like a really big issue compared to the few extra seconds of mist healing you have. As always with Ele, you can take risks to increase your damage by cycling through attunements faster, but the downside is not having access to a skill you really need when you really need it.

I personally probably won’t change my playstyle that much, it’ll just be a nice added heal for when I switch to water to burst heal or a top off when I switch to water to blast a field.

in Elementalist

Mem no Fushia.7604

Just noticed if can’t swap out of water imediately count 3 seconds, becouse it is apply interval, but it is hint only for those who would care about most efficient way.

Ofc ing and theory are different in many ways and situations.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Unless you run with fresh air you wont be able to swap immediately anyway cause of the global cd.But 2-3 spells and you probably catch up the next refresh before you swap.
I think that if they dont change it,it will be very big uptime just by playing naturally without lingering elements.That trait was really useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

We only have half the picture.

As I see it, we are still the jack of trades and master of none. But
in groups, we will provide very good synergy. Which some classes cant,
even after the patch.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister