Dire Tempest for Fracs/Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

Hi, I was planning on crafting a full Asc armor set for using a build like this to finally bring one of my clothies in Fractals (I’ve been putting it off for a long time). I used to do frac 50’s before HoT, and have full asc: Medium Vipers & Marauders, and Heavy Viper’s that I used on Warr, Guard, Thief, Ranger, so I’m not totally new, just for the content/structure released with HoT.

I chose the Ele because of this recent build I’ve been running. Very tanky, lots of condi damage, and can even provide auramancing support, condi removal, or more dps given a few swaps of traits or Fire > Water.

I’m curious if anyone out there has experience with condi ele’s in fractals and raids, and would like to know if a Dire condi tempest would be viable. If not, why so?

Edit The build reflects a Cavalier backpiece. This build reflects what I actually have and have access to acquire. I’m not aware of how to stat-swap the back pieces (if possible) so I’d get a condi focused back piece later on after some fractals.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

(edited by Khazik.8052)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I have no experience with fractals, but i know this type of build works.
The diffrence I do it is, I donĀ“t use water. Its Fire/Earth/Tempest. Water is to defensive for me. I also run rabid not dire. Your setup is totally tanky. If you want to go this route take the new wanderer armor. I prefer to do critical hits that apply more conditions and add damage. 3k less HP is not realy an issue for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Viable? Yes like anything is. Good? Nope.

The dps is just bad. Not the condi ele part, that’s fine. But the build you are using?

Condi Elementalist is actually one of the top 3-4 condition build. Engineer and Warrior behing on the top. Reaper isn’t too far behind and his simpler rotation make him competitive against certain raid boss. And finally condition Ele, which is probably on par with Reaper in some situation. The main problem with condition Ele is that the vast majority of his dps come from field, which don’t work well against moving boss. So in fractal like Snowblind or raid boss like Sabetha it do great, on fractal like Dredge or boss like Vale Guardian, he will be behind.

Look that this. Particular is probably one of the best advocate for condi Elementalist.

To be clear. I’m not saying that you will be terrible. But you have a lot of point where you lose dps and all of that accumulate. Scepter/Warhorn less good than Dagger/Focus, Dire instead of Viper/Sinister, no dps utilities, etc,etc

I don’t know why you would want to much resistance. With dire, earh, water, and your utilities.

For raid, forget about it, unless you are a tank. You have so much toughness than the boss will be agro on you that’s for sure. As a tank you will do the job. Not the best tank because you don’t bring the dps/cc/sustain or a Tank Scrapper, nor the Quickness/Alacrity of a Tank Chronomancer, or the Sustain/CC/DPS of a Tank Reaper or the Protection/Boons of a Tank Dragonhunter. But you will do the job.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Hello, I use a similar build (Dire condi with scepter/warhorn) and have some input on your build.
Noticed your build is bulky and has some support with the water atonement, am also picking from the utility skills that you are using bleeding/burn as your source of condition damage … I would recommend to stick to burn cause the switching time to add few bleeding drops dps (perma 10 stacks of burn hurts more) … you also want max the usage of that warhorn by supporting your team not with Auras but with boons mostly…. switching to fire trait makes easier and really fast to reach 25 stacks of might that you can share with heat Sync while you stack the burning (area + fire overload followed by blast finishers). Just give it a try, after all it all comes to our playstyle.

(Your build with burning only focus)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhdygIU2A2fJ40AwHBWEAM3W7sN3GEAClPghgwO4GC-TxRTABgoEEg9HK8BA4jeAuU/5ClfGeCAIFwiSjA-e

Edit: damage here is not AOE, so it works as well on enemies with high mobility as those that rather stay there.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!