Discuss the Underwater changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

So, what cool stuff can be done underwater now? We have a leap finisher and a blast finisher in water. Fire with field and better auto-attack, earth with smoke field and a better auto-attack can counts as projectile finisher.

Fire -> Water = Area Might, Fire Aura (yay auramancers).
Fire -> Earth = Burning sometimes.
Earth -> Water = Area Stealth, Self Stealth (woot, elementalists can cover themselves in water! Makes perfect sense too).
Earth Self-Combo = Blindness sometimes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cznrhubarb.5946

cznrhubarb.5946

I’m sure a bunch of people are going to write them off because underwater combat plays such a small role in regular play, but I’m pretty excited about these changes. One of the things I hated about underwater combat as an elementalist was that it was boring compared to the above-water combat pace. I feel like I’ll have a lot more reasons to switch out of water attunement, or even use the earth attunement at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’m very happy to have finishers and fields so my auramancer build isn’t useless when I get my feet wet

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Smoke field, is a Blind spell (Just checked) and not a stealth spell.

FYI for those wondering.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

It’s a smoke field. Smoke fields are a source of stealth (when paired with blast or leap finishers).
Anyway, the first thing I thought after finishing reading the notes:
“ELEMENTALIST CAN NOW STEALTH”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ferny.8250

Ferny.8250

it would be cool if ele could do stealth out of water. it would make sense for us to have smoke fields somehow

where there is smoke there’s fire

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

it would be cool if ele could do stealth out of water. it would make sense for us to have smoke fields somehow

where there is smoke there’s fire

Where there is fire there are torches, but we can’t dual-wield or even single-wield torches.

“I am an elementalist, supreme wielder of the four elements, including fire. What is this thing? A torch you say? I have no idea… ow why is it so hot on this end.. WHAT DOES IT MEAAN?!”