Discuss the changes

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Splody.2640

Splody.2640

Discuss the updates.

In my opinion, we had no nerfs or buffs, only some bug corrections, which will not drive me away from playing my elementalist.

Elementalist

Fixed a bug that caused several spells, including Tornado, Arcane Shield, and most frequently Whirlpool, to sometimes fail to display any graphics.
Arcane Power: The number of uses on this skill’s effect will now decrease if an attack lands or if the attack is negated by Blind, Block, Evade, Obstructed, or Invulnerable.
Arc Lightning: Fixed a bug which would cause this skill’s animation effects to continue playing after the skill ended.
Evasive Arcana: This trait no longer enables players to break knockback effects.
Glyph of Renewal: Increased this skill’s cast time while underwater from 1 second to 3.5 seconds.
Ice Spikes: This skill now appropriately displays area-of-effect rings.
Rock Spray: Skill facts for this skill now display the proper distance and bleed damage.
Vapor Form: This skill will no longer allow players to rally off of kills that grant zero experience. This skill will now also properly restore death state on completion.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Seems like it’s basically the same, I’m glad they corrected that Arc Lightning bug, it’s been annoying me since the very beggining.,

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

No bug fixes to lightning whip and fire grab missing half of the time even when you are facing your target and in range, makes me sad, just useless fixes =/

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Are you sure that your problem isn’t latency related?

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Splody.2640

Splody.2640

Yeah, i don’t know what are they doing, took them 1 whole month for this minor changes, they didnt even fix our most bugged skills.. Oh well 1 month waiting for nothing

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You forgot the damage update to our conjure weapons. That’s a mjor thing too, imho.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

I can’t wait to see the damage on ice bow and fiery greatsword

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

What does restore death state for vapor form actually mean (not the no rally off 0 xp stuff)?

But yeah, everyone fearing a nerf and we end up with a potential huge buff to conjures. So looks okay.

And as far as the missing with lightning whip, you sure that isn’t due to auto target being enabled?

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mokinokaro.2158

Mokinokaro.2158

There’s also a note about gadgets (which I take to mean summons) scaling better based on level. If that effects the summoned elementals it could be a pretty decent dungeon buff.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Where do you see changes to conjures?

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

DOOM AND GLOOM AOE NER…oh wait.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

World Polish Other

Weapons now continue to grant bonus stats while bundles are equipped.

Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Where do you see changes to conjures?

There were two bits on them stating:

1. You still get stats on your equipped item while holding a kit (Conjure)
2. Their damage is now scaled to be that of the top end weapon for your level.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

“Fixed a bug that could cause rectangular skills to fail to hit the correct targets.”

I’m reallllllly hoping that applies to our skills even though it’s under world polish.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Weapons now continue to grant bonus stats while bundles are equipped.

Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.

I’m not sure if by weapon’s stats, they mean the sigils, the remaining bonus stats, or both. Can anyone confirm? If it’s the second, this should probably improve conjures in pve, because in pvp, weapons do not have special stats. If it’s the later, then it should also improve them in pvp.

And finally, exotic-level conjures. That pretty much means a straight damage buff.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Another month of glory and easy mode at the top for bunker Eles is all I read, fine by me!

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Time to whip out a good conjure build (although conjures are a tad annoying)

Glass cannon firey conjure great sword ele….but can only swing that sweet sword once before a breeze comes by XD

I only wish more fixes were included

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

Time to whip out a good conjure build (although conjures are a tad annoying)

Glass cannon firey conjure great sword ele….but can only swing that sweet sword once before a breeze comes by XD

I only wish more fixes were included

Hey, at least we got a new toy to play with. (But yeah, wish we had more viable builds.) Looking forward to all the new experiments with conjures.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: morganabanana.3517

morganabanana.3517

Vapor Form This skill will now also properly restore death state on completion.

Does this mean we will no longer gain health back from going into mist form and having it run out?

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“Glyph of Renewal: Increased this skill’s cast time while underwater from 1 second to 3.5 seconds.”

I… you… what? Why anet. Just why. No one even used it at 1 second. Does anyone seriously use this skill underwater (or above it for that matter) unless it’s for NPC’s?

rest of the changes seem nice though.

“Vapor Form: This skill will no longer allow players to rally off of kills that grant zero experience. This skill will now also properly restore death state on completion.”

Properly restore death state? Does that mean no more death penalty when you use it? That seems… OP as kitten tbh. Sure it was aggravating dying to your own vapor form, but honestly if 3 vapor forms werent enough to live then your situation was deadly enough that no one could have survived regardless of class (except maybe guardian and that OP downed heal! o.o )

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

“Fixed a bug that could cause rectangular skills to fail to hit the correct targets.”

I’m reallllllly hoping that applies to our skills even though it’s under world polish.

If they fixed Fire Grab, i’d take that as a buff more then anything.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

I thought it was a cone skill. What is a rectangular skill?

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: kaid.7695

kaid.7695

Think its spells like the earth staff line snare thing where the targeting thing is just a long thing rectangle.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aleonam.2831

Aleonam.2831

cant wait to see the changes

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Ally guildies were scaring me about the “big nerfs” kitten s happy

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

Think its spells like the earth staff line snare thing where the targeting thing is just a long thing rectangle.

Would that include Burning Retreat or is that something else? (Know what you’re talking about now but still confused about edge cases.)

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: kaid.7695

kaid.7695

I would think it may effect things like burning retreat but I am not sure if it only includes things with the manual targeting reticle or the automatic line powers.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

So anyone else notice the stealth change to dagger Earth 3? You have to press the button once more to activate the pull now. The animation on the pull has also been changed. I wonder if i should consider this as a buff to it since now the pull isn’t automatic. hmm

Säïnt

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: urinfamousr.7631

urinfamousr.7631

Are you sure that your problem isn’t latency related?

no i still miss stand over my target as RLT , updraft fire 4,5 5 always misses unless im standing on 1 foot and crossing both fingers while winking out my left eye, then i get “glancing” lol

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: urinfamousr.7631

urinfamousr.7631

DOOM AND GLOOM AOE NER…oh wait.

thats next months patch so the doom/gloom is merely a few weeks away

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I think rectangle skills are the ones like fire wall on focus or that earth staff cripple.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Can anyone test a few of those:

1. Is Arcane Power still “bugged”?
2. Are conjures really at exotic-level? I’ve heard from the engineer’s kit topics that the bug fix that was supposed to make bundles at the highest item rarity is bugged and not working. Does that also applies to eles’ conjures?

I can’t test them now.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

Some people call a nerf everything.. too much whine sometimes..
A skill got changed, how dare they – go burn em all.

It appears skills were not the focus of the update anyway. Those are just some minor fixes.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

The change to mist form to not return HP when down is a pretty big nerf that’s pretty much pvp only. (in pve bosses either don’t chase you to stomp you, or conjure massive aoes on you after you’re down to auto-stomp you)

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

After testing Conjured Greatsword Im pretty sure the damage is much higher than before.

However I cannot see any difference in Glyph of Elementals damage.

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

After testing Conjured Greatsword Im pretty sure the damage is much higher than before.

However I cannot see any difference in Glyph of Elementals damage.

The damage is exactly the same for Flaming Greatsword.

before the patch Fiery Whirl from melee range would hit the practice target in Fort Mariner (Lion’s Arch) for 5,800, and after it hits for 5,800.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Discuss the changes

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

You kidding? It got buffed. We have 2 finishers in one move at the cost of a slightly higher skill activation time. We also no longer give immobilise to the enemy and ourselves.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com