Do Conjured Weapons limit future Ele-Weapons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Derond.7930

Derond.7930

Hey all.

I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time now and i want to know what you think about it:
Everyone is wondering what the next Elite-Spec will be for Ele and what weapon this will give us. Currently, Ele has the following weapons available:
- Dagger
- Scepter
- Focus
- Staff
- Warhorn
(- Trident)
But actually, we have 5 more weapons:
- Axe
- Shield
- Bow
- Hammer
- Greatsword
Of course, these aren’t “real” weapons. But just think about how awkward it would be to design a Fire-Skillset for a Greatsword. Or a Water-Skillset for a Bow. So i think it is very unlikely that future Ele-Weapons will be any of these 5.
Don’t get me wrong, i actually want a Longbow or Greatsword for my Ele, i just don’t think this is likely to happen.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

No, financing limits future ele weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trodamus.5210

Trodamus.5210

In my mind, Heart of Thorns’ main goal was to establish a post-80 progression foundation for other expansions to build upon.

As such, we’re not looking down the barrel of them constantly adding new weapons to any class, since I think it’s safe to assume new weapons will be the sole purview of Elite Specs.

That said, conjured weapons are in need of a serious re-do. I would not mind if the next Elite Spec was simply an expansion of the conjurer role for elementalists.

However, there’s still plenty of weapons they can add minus any thought paid to conjuration; more, if you consider that the axe and shield were used improperly as “two handed” weapons while conjured.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

No, financing limits future ele weapons.

BOOM!!!

Drop the Mic

in Elementalist

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Ele and guardian needs kit sets like engi has. that would be awesome with a little toning down.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Hey all.

I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time now and i want to know what you think about it:
Everyone is wondering what the next Elite-Spec will be for Ele and what weapon this will give us. Currently, Ele has the following weapons available:
- Dagger
- Scepter
- Focus
- Staff
- Warhorn
(- Trident)
But actually, we have 5 more weapons:
- Axe
- Shield
- Bow
- Hammer
- Greatsword
Of course, these aren’t “real” weapons. But just think about how awkward it would be to design a Fire-Skillset for a Greatsword. Or a Water-Skillset for a Bow. So i think it is very unlikely that future Ele-Weapons will be any of these 5.
Don’t get me wrong, i actually want a Longbow or Greatsword for my Ele, i just don’t think this is likely to happen.

My first impressions about conjure weapons were that they serve as a “weapon swap”, giving the elementalist a different option of weapon plus saving us from our huge cooldowns. But it turns out to be the opposite: they are really niche weapons with neglectable DPS and condi dmg. Flame Axe could hurt more. Frost Bow could use more healing. Earth Shield needs to be re-work. Lightning Hammer needs to be faster. Fiery Greatsword is mediocre.
The way they designed elementalists really doesn’t fit their “ideals”. According to them we should be a “jack-of-all-trades”, doing a little of everything but that doesn’t help build diversity. And this meta fashion simply wreack havoc out of some professions, forcing us to run only one build for years.
The truth is that the devs are really insecure about balacing their own classes: they’re afraid of their so called “ele potential” so balacing eles would make them gods. I remember when I started playing in 2012 it wasn’t a good time for elementalists, trust me. There was only one viable build and it was a trolling build. Elementalists never had a true condi build. Elementalists never had a true DPS build. This is only valid for the pvp point-of-view since you fight pokemons at pve.
Staff and scepter must have a complete balancing, both in terms of dps and condi as well those cooldowns. Fresh air is great for burst builds but with all those godly dmg mitigation coming around (warriors, necros, scrappers, mesmers, daredevils and druids) your best hope is to wait them to make some mistakes so you can get away.

It’s all about THE COLORS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I would also like to throw my vote on conjures to be like kits.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think your going to see more offhand weapons for the ele class specialization then main hand. So its less conjured weapons that are limiting the future of ele weapons but the fact ele has 4 atuments that going to be a major blocking point for main hand weapons.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Personnally I don’t see a problem with them creating a longbow and keeping all of the same skills as ice bow, but giving them other attunements with it. I’d rather they get rid of conjures completely so we had more potential weapons.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Honestly speaking, I like the idea of actually making them weapon sets. IMO FGS is already good enough as it already gives us the mobility we need albeit that it’s not a really good choice for DPS given that it’s Fire Attunement.

Shield and Axe should be reworked since it shouldn’t use up 2 weapon slots. I actually like Earth Shield too but since it’s an offhand, it will need to be reworked. I wouldn’t actually mind having a 2 handed shield (which is more likely impossible anyway) if we could retain the shield skills on earth and get other skills on other attunements.

I’m really afraid that ANET will use these conjures as a basis for our next weapon sets thus not giving us weapon sets similar to our conjures. Sword is ok but I’d probably stop playing my Ele for a while if we get a Torch instead (and it becomes meta somehow).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Conjure weapons are so unspeakably awful (except for running away in WvW) right now that I doubt they would be missed too badly if they were deleted and replaced with something less constraining and more useful.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Conjure weapons HAVE to be reworked. Flame axe is horrible even though it’s a good niche weapon (for applying might and additional blast + evade). Earth’s shield is utterly clunky and ridiculous. Don’t even think about using lightning hammer! they nerfed its base dps and we, as elementalists (lowest health pool + lowest base defense + fail class concept) won’t help you to survive in melee range, UNLESS you go tempest for some stupid healing.

It’s all about THE COLORS

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

That said, conjured weapons are in need of a serious re-do.

We have been saying that since the beginning of the game. 3 years later, nothing substantial has happened and consequently, they still suck.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Conjure weapons are not worth it. Anytime we incorporate conjure weapons into PvE, PvP or WvW they end up getting nerfed. FGS got nerfed, Icebow got nerfed (RIP Icebow #4), LH got nerfed. Its even more pathetic when you realize there is only one trait for conjures. It is that awful and forgettable. Fire Aura on pick up and more charges? How about reduced cooldown and removing charges, that’s a way to start.

You are basically gaining an environmental weapon at the cost of your valuable utility skills. The saddest part to conjures is that there are environmental weapons that would be more useful than conjures (the ones you can buy from karma merchants). At this rate we are better off asking for new utility skills to replace them or asking for them to revert the nerfs to the conjures.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Conjure weapons are so unspeakably awful (except for running away in WvW) right now that I doubt they would be missed too badly if they were deleted and replaced with something less constraining and more useful.

Yeah, I think they should be totally reworked. They’re really clunky and the skills themselves are very underwhelming, considering that an Ele has to give up access to their 20 weapon skills and a utility slot to slot them. The traits are also terrible.

The only way I can ever see them being worth using is if conjures replaced only one element’s skills instead of all 20, and one were able to continue to switch attunements while using them.

Even then, I still don’t think they would be competitive with other utilities, because Ele needs utilities to survive, and none of the conjures bar flame sword offer any survivability either.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Even then, I still don’t think they would be competitive with other utilities, because Ele needs utilities to survive, and none of the conjures bar flame sword offer any survivability either.

u wot
what is earth shield?
flame axe also has an evade
and the two remaining weapons have disables