Do Devs actually check forums?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

As in, do they actually open up a profession’s forum and start reading the suggestions and frustration of the players that take their time writing things down? Or do they just go ignored for the most part, just to open it maybe once a month or maybe 3 months and check if there is anything new?

If so, can we have some prove? Some hope that all our suggestions are not going into deaf ears.

My hope is that staff might be looked at. A “HI” would suffice

Thanks in advance, I still havent completely lost my hope, please Anet, dont disappoint me.

Created april/8/2012

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

A dev posted on the engi forum, and immediately got flamed for the recent overall nerfs the class received – I don’t think that gives them much incentive to post.

However, I was glad that they stuck around to confirm that they didn’t think the changes to a very important trait were all that good, either, but that it was too effective for it place as an Adept-level trait, and they avoid moving the locations of traits. I didn’t agree with their justification for not simply moving it, but it was good to see a straight answer, nonetheless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

they do; the ranger forum has quite a few red posts

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Posted by: eldain stenlund.4306

eldain stenlund.4306

I dont know if the Designers are checking in here.

But moderators are.
I have had 2 of my posts removed.. so they are in here. just ignoring us.

hmm. the ranger class.. i hope they fix that class.
Switch the dmg from warriors.. to rangers.. make rangers good at range.
(warriors 8 – 10 k volleys and 10k+ kill shots).. <— what a ranger should have, not a warrior.

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

Im guessing that also if this doesnt get bumped, if the devs do decide to come, they might not see it, so i will put myself to the task of keeping it bumped (bumps from other people might be appreciated too), also Im going to keep track of how long it takes to respond, hopefully we get an insight on how class balancing goes on Anet

Thread was created on April (4) / 8/ 2013

Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

They do read forums, but they said if they are on forums then they aren’t working, so would rather be fixing stuff than forum whoring.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

They do read forums, but they said if they are on forums then they aren’t working, so would rather be fixing stuff than forum whoring.

well, think about that statement then, wouldnt that imply that when they DO work, they dont take into considerations the forums? That would mean that all suggestions and ideas and frustrations and concerns go into deaf ears.

They dont want the burden of having to explain their decisions and then having to back them up, and then having to post equally on all forums, but thats not whats being asked here, all we are asking here is: a prove that moderators are not the only ones checking forums, a simple “Hi” would suffice.

Legendary SoloQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

They probably get the posts from the suggestions forum. I know pvp devs are on state of the game each time it airs.

The trouble is mainly that players are mostly idiots, it’s hard to sort the good posts from the BUFF STAYING IN ONE ATTUNEMENT crowd -_-

Some major suggestions have been acted on, and that got us freaking ascended gear, meh.

On sotg they were outlining their plans for the classes and I like what I hear, as it will positively affect pvp and pve (more build diversity) so it’s just a waiting game :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

It’s a complex game, been in development over 5 years to get to this point and development is ongoing. Such a complex game, in fact, that any changes will have impacts on balance that aren’t apparent at first, so I’d rather not see constant changes.

The reason they don’t post much in this sub-forum? Maybe a few reasons, I could speculate on them, but I’d probably get flamed or derided as a “fanboy”.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blueday.6953

Blueday.6953

You’ve made a lot of posts that don’t say anything constructive. Maybe they would check this subforum more often if you stopped.

in Elementalist

Fortus.6175

You’ve made a lot of posts that don’t say anything constructive. Maybe they would check this subforum more often if you stopped.

oh hey look, a personal attack out of the blue ! Oh, and btw, thanks for the bump ,I appreaciate it, and Im quoting your comment in case you later on decide to erase it, , and thanks for recognizing my efforts for making staff a viable weapon outside WvW sieges, even negative comments that contribute nothing to the discussion at hand like yours help have a good day

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)