Do Elementalists ever get less squishy?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

Ele levels at the lowest levels are super easy – just like every other class. When you hit about 40, you start feeling the toll of how absolutely crappy our class is – even with Toughness and Vitality traits. It is the lowest HP and lowest armor class in the game. It remains that way even at 80. You are either a glass cannon with no survivability and sub-par damage compared to every other class. If you like it, continue playing it. If you want to play the “real” elementalist class, roll a thief.

This video is really sad, but very true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: boozer.7815

boozer.7815

Ele does have sub par damages when compared with Thief, Warrior and Mesmer. I think that is universally agreed upon now. Why Anet chooses to balance classes with the aforementioned classes on one scale and all the rest on another scale makes no sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

And i stand corrected. Well done. Wouldnt ever think of blinds through storm. My issue would be using 70s long cd’s to pull those fights out. And you agroed 6 mobs at a time in grenth room. And why arent u using trait to expand staff aoe?
If my computer could handle fraps id show u what thief can do in 10s. Pull entire supply camp veterans (but need to LOS ranged mobs so they come to u) and melt em.

Thiefs deal huge amounts of damage, that´s not news.
And eles can´t really mach their burst. However i can still solo those camps aswell, even if it takes a bit longer, even though i use support build.

As for staff traits, i prefer the vigor on crit one. I just don´t normaly need my aoes any bigger, i can fit most packs on my lavafont just fine as is. Extra vigor also gives me more chances to dodge, and with evasive arcana every dodge translates to another combo, normaly might or heal.

True i rely on pretty long cooldowns there, but i wouldn´t normaly be playing the ele way it was not supposed to be played. I don´t really need the storm or arcane shield in normal encounters when i can dodge around. Fights also go faster then as i get more stacks of might.

I actualy contemplated on doing another try with the room and pulling everything, but then i thought that would be pretty stupid move, when it´s so easy to do the way i did. I´m pretty confident i could pull that off, but i won´t deny it wouldn´t be a bit challenging.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Inval.3248

Inval.3248

if your having trouble in pve as an ele I suggest your use either a D/D or S/D

your traits can be

0 fire
0air
10earth
30water
30arcana

the focus of the build is cantrips so you should use mist form, armor of earth and either lighting flash or cleansing flame. and the elite is well.. only one good option greater elemental :p

you can pick your own slots for this build but in order for the survival to kick in you need to focus on cantrips so keep that in mind *hint *hint

your gear as far as your armor stats are really up to you as running a build as I stated provides plenty of healing and or protection to run whatever your fancy.

hope this helps..

I didnt give you a full trait list because I think it’s important as an ele to learn the class and not have it handed to you :p