Does Lingering Elements work with damage %?

in Elementalist

Posted by: spiffyy.4650

spiffyy.4650

Q:

I’m experimenting on my Fresh Air Zerker Ele build, especially when it comes to attunement bonus damage and Lingering Elements.

I’m talking about Internal Fire, Air Training, and Piercing Shards:

If I start fire in my rotation, swap air and burst, am i doing 20% bonus damage (rather than just 10% from air training) since I am attuned to both air and fire for 5 seconds? Does this also work if I start water 1 to crit and proc Weakspot, swap air for quick burst to inflict 30% bonus on my air attacks since i’m “attuned” to water still? What if I am fast enough to have air, water, and fire attunement lingering and active when i burst on a vulnerable foe? Am I really doing 40% bonus damage?

I can’t really tell just killing things in PvE, it happens too fast.

Does this work the way I think it does?

ele with a side of engi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

A:

Eles have been wanting this for a while.

The answer is no, it does not. It only works with the Elemental-5-point traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

Ahahahahaha!

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

Well just read the tooltip! Anet takes great care of the tooltips

Guys please don’t stop me, let me have my fun, I deserve this!

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

Aaaalright we had a good laugh, now time to give you the answers you are looking for:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Attunements-and-Traits/first#post3665071

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I fully support whatever you say in this thread in the context of the originally posed question, Zel

in Elementalist

Darox.8069

I fully support whatever you say in this thread in the context of the originally posed question, Zel

Thanks, I think this lost cause will need all the support it can get. We should do a charity PvE tournament to raise awareness!

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Thanks, I think this lost cause will need all the support it can get. We should do a charity PvE tournament to raise awareness!

And get Anet to donate prizes! Oh wait…

in Elementalist

Posted by: spiffyy.4650

spiffyy.4650

well this is a huge disappointment. thanks for the thorough responses, I remember this being an issue last year too; I’d just hoped they resolved it by now.

I can’t help but feel frustrated. If you don’t want us to have lingering attunements, don’t say we get lingering attunements.

ele with a side of engi

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

well this is a huge disappointment. thanks for the thorough responses, I remember this being an issue last year too; I’d just hoped they resolved it by now.

I can’t help but feel frustrated. If you don’t want us to have lingering attunements, don’t say we get lingering attunements.

Yeeep. Rather better than Lingering Elements (if it’s never going to include attunement-based effects beyond Adept Minors), would be a personal version of Elemental Attunement.
The Major Master trait could be kept, granting EA boons to allies in the area - maybe slightly reduced durations for the personal version, so that the shared one could boost the boon durations a bit too?
It’d be interesting to see how people spent that extra trait point - or even three, since it often feels like if you’ve gone 4 deep into the line you might as well spend those extra 2 to get Evasive Arcana.

I’m sure there are other options that would be equally (or more) fun and interesting, but enough of us definitely want to be allowed to bring personal Elemental Attunement boons, and I’m pretty sure nobody’s ever gone "oh cool, Lingering Elements" once they knew it only affected Adept Minors (and didn’t even work for most of those for two years).
The other way I could see Elemental Attunement becoming easier to get is through those Adept Minor traits - tack the boons onto those traits, for personal use, and make the Lingering Elements trait also apply the active traits to allies in the area. This means that a 0/5/0/6/3 Ele would share Swiftness on attunement to Air, Regen (and the AoE special regen buff) on attunement to Water, but not Might or Protection from Fire or Earth attunements.

(edited by cheese.4739)