Does race make a difference?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dizzle.5289

Dizzle.5289

So I’m currently charr. heard they bad for jumping puzzles also very bulky is there any cons of having charr ele or any proffesion for that matter? Dodging? Ele mobility animations? Etc

in Elementalist

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

Honestly, jumping puzzle size is about the only real downside. There’s a fix for that though, there are plenty of affordable tonics that let you transform into something small that can jump around. Though, there are very few jumping puzzles I have trouble with when play my Charr mesmer. It’s all about learning where you need to place your character to land properly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dizzle.5289

Dizzle.5289

I actually didn’t even think of the tonics! and thank you very much for your response!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

Make sure the tonic you pick is one you can jump with. Not all transformations can jump.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vert.5041

Vert.5041

Bro, it’s been scientifically proven that charr make the worst elementalists. Their instinct to rip the face off their enemies prevents them from learning anything magical. Their huge kittens also make them better at schwinging their GS than playing with sissy scepter, tiny daggers and flimsy staves.

Make your elementalist a human female like 80% of all elementalists and get it over with.

(edited by Vert.5041)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Don’t think so, for the major part its about Aesthetics, pick what you think looks best for you, also check out the armors (but honestly, all armors look the same, just different races and body-builds)

in Elementalist

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Don’t think so, for the major part its about Aesthetics, pick what you think looks best for you, also check out the armors (but honestly, all armors look the same, just different races and body-builds)

Don’t forget the clipping:
Charr armor is prone to clip at the ears and the horns.
Asura armor often clips at the ears and the toes clip out at the side of almost every aviable foot-armor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Ele elites are mostly bad. My ele’s human simply because of Reaper of Grenth.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ele elites are mostly bad. My ele’s human simply because of Reaper of Grenth.

For wvw zerg fight staff ele as a Sylvari is nice because of Summon Druid Spirit. It eats team mates condition gives reg and can root entire zergs on its own (if you can keep it alive so only for use after the frist push or when your behind the main push of the other side’s zerg.)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Bottom line is, racials don’t really matter, you won’t see them used as often as you think.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I never had any problems with jumping on my charr, you just have to have a feel for your hitbox.

Armours are a pretty big deal though, my main characters are asura and charr and I do miss the more feminine outfits the other races have.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com