Doesn't this makes more sense for Raids.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I know that everybody goes for F/A/T for this but don’t you think, following build would make more sense?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9Mg9XCmNAcYiFBAzt1ObztBBgCwBoYT2G+kA-T1BBwAYV+B4CAgT9na7PkXHQgHAwZlgkCIiVWA-w

I mean, lets accept it Staff DPS Ele is a fire bot other then occasional switch to Air for Air Overload, that mean that 190 precision is not always there and there is no reason to be in the air other then Overload.

We will loose that 190 ferocity and bolt to heart but will get Bountiful Power, considering you nearly have all the boons in the game during the raid that mean at least %14 more damage during the whole encounter and not only that %20 from BtH under %50.

Plus you have to cause one additional stack of burning every 3s, 2xarcane shielding (super duper usefull when casting Meteor) and %15 more boon duration.

Don’t you think this setup should perform better?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

You also miss around 8% critical damage from ferocious winds and vulnerability from Weak spot. With staff you should usually run Inscription over Aeromancer’s training anyways, this trait is pretty insignificant but will decrease the cooldown on glyph of storms.

Vulnerability will be capped in raids anyways, and one could argue that you can build a team composition where bountiful power slightly outperforms BttH and Ferocious winds. I doubt it will be consistent though.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof