Don't heal or support

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Who’s with me?
Support is boring game play.

Yes, our damage is horrible outside of PVE environments, but who cares.

Even if I die in 1 hit, I’m going to play glass staff in pvp.
Even if guardians heal from 10% to full after my meteor.
Even if my team is angry at me dying.

It’s my Ele and I make the rules!!!!!!

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

I feel you, however you can do both support and damage (to some extent), that’s what I try to balance out every time I craft a new build. Also, it would be a waste of innate profession potential not having supporting facets in a build since Elementalist is still the complete package as far “real” support is concerned.

If you like WvW and don’t want to run a healbot bunker build, then try this hybrid power/healing build that tries to emulate the Mender’s amulet PvP variant, it’s a little bit more offensive however so you can be a bigger threat. (Note: I don’t have access to Zealot gear crafting or this build could look exactly like a Mender’s build, so use those if you want that exact stat balance. Personally I would slot some extra toughness to compliment the solid damage mitigation the build already sports.)

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XC9XiVYCOYCcYilNAjYFcBGBu71/6hd4BEAugA-TlCBABZpk7Mlg8v/QoqqAwDAghTAgYKFAVtCsUGMoegAAIA3sNDgzbezbezbeu5Nv5Nv5NLFQm7sA-w

Best of luck!

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

(edited by Lahm.7056)

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

+1. I also don´t play meta and it works. I think ele is a hybrid class. That former D/D medium daamge and good sutain is still written in the class even if D/D doesnt work well annymore. Try viper or sage ele. They are way more fun then menders meta ….

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I like playing support in every game.

I just wish this game had damage absorbtion shields

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

People aren’t going to boycott the strongest team support simply so you can play power.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I enjoy support builds. What I want to see being used more is Staff. Sick of D/F.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I don’t find dying is my problem when I play glass staff. It tends to be rotations, where I can’t hold points, and my team is not bunker enough. The build can work really well, but you need enough players willing to stay on points, while you rotate huge damage around. (of course some classes can make it their mission to kill you (thief, rev) but depending on the map, you can make it really difficult to be taken down before inflicting massive damage on the point.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I still play d/d marauder ele in pvp. Support is boring and I refuse to be a healbot. I’m basically trying to play the role of +1 in pvp on an ele. Thief is way better at it, but healbot ele is so boring. And i’ve made it almost to gold so far, so i cant be doing that bad. It definitely needs some major buffs though. I’m going to keep playing it though because it’s fun despite being weak. I just warn people before matches that I’m not support and they should bring their own cleanses.

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Who’s with me?
Support is boring game play.

Yes, our damage is horrible outside of PVE environments, but who cares.

Even if I die in 1 hit, I’m going to play glass staff in pvp.
Even if guardians heal from 10% to full after my meteor.
Even if my team is angry at me dying.

It’s my Ele and I make the rules!!!!!!

I’m with you. All the way! I love to play DPS builds, I always played with dps staff ele and people are really hostile to me at spvp but I don’t care! I just wish the ele balance guy or guys would give proper attention to staff and scepter. Staff dps is slow to put. not to see how the wep sucks at condis. And scepter, oh my, could be such a devastating wep!

It’s all about THE COLORS

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

The forcemaster in blade and soul is how I wish scepter ele was in this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qV7vHeNwKQ

too bad I hate everything else about blade and soul though.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I don’t like the meta build either, but I use warhorn instead of focus – still support though. It just feels fluid and it feels like you’re actually a huge part of the team… which is why I’ll never drop D/W.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

If people will stop playing troll engi or healbot this broken PVP|Meta that ANet had created will disappear…years long Anet said they don’t want dedicated healer classes in GW2 and here we are with healbot, 0 damage…..

They screwed the build system and options so much that if you dont have the healbot and troll engi, your teammate dies left and right every2s……

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghataka.1604

Ghataka.1604

This is dumb, i enjoy being a tanky healer in pvp and i play viper and zerker both in pve (i even play magi sometimes lol). You’ve already said you’re gonna do it, so there’s no point telling us to not heal anymore. Just go power, i’ve seen a lot of power based eles in pvp and no one complaining.

@posthumecaver I kill random 1v1 with magi amulet, overloads and detrition kill sometimes, and if you don’t kill you’re adding dps.

(edited by Ghataka.1604)

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

This is dumb, i enjoy being a tanky healer in pvp and i play viper and zerker both in pve (i even play magi sometimes lol). You’ve already said you’re gonna do it, so there’s no point telling us to not heal anymore. Just go power, i’ve seen a lot of power based eles in pvp and no one complaining.

@posthumecaver I kill random 1v1 with magi amulet, overloads and detrition kill sometimes, and if you don’t kill you’re adding dps.

What you said makes almost zero sense. I play dps ele, both staff and scepter fresh air and everyone is salty towards me. 99.995% of the builds one creates work in PvE so there’s no point to talk about it or even mention it. There’s a huge and strong point to stop playing healbot: to show ArenaNet how unbalancing their balance patches are. The OP pretty much made it clear that the intention ain’t to obligate elementalists to stop playing this stupid meta because there are people who simply do not enjoy it. It’s a matter of resistance. I resist this lame meta, it’s not how I want to play, and if I remember correctly, everything they (ArenaNet) did to this game goes contrary to their Manifesto.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

I love support. Love Ele style support. And I don’t give a rats butt thats MY PREFERENCE, like ppl here prefer pure DPS. So that’s my rules and I won’t stop it, so there, if that’s adding to the elitist meta whatever, I dont use the metabattle like it’s law, I use WH too. I see plenty of dps eles do great in fact I see more than pure support Eles.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Ghataka.1604

What you said makes almost zero sense. I play dps ele, both staff and scepter fresh air and everyone is salty towards me. 99.995% of the builds one creates work in PvE so there’s no point to talk about it or even mention it. There’s a huge and strong point to stop playing healbot: to show ArenaNet how unbalancing their balance patches are. The OP pretty much made it clear that the intention ain’t to obligate elementalists to stop playing this stupid meta because there are people who simply do not enjoy it. It’s a matter of resistance. I resist this lame meta, it’s not how I want to play, and if I remember correctly, everything they (ArenaNet) did to this game goes contrary to their Manifesto.

You’re the one not making sense, i said i play support in pvp and zerker/viper in pve cause support ele fits better in a pvp environment and zerker/viper in a pve environment.

Like i said i’ve seen a lot of offensive eles in pvp and nobody complaining, that’s my experience, since you yourself played dps in pvp, do you have an idea of why people complained about you?.

Ele’s offensive skills are just too slow or too weak to be a threat in pvp, that has nothing to do with people choosing to be support or not, those are mechanics. You can’t have the whole group setting things for you so you can land a skill while being one-shoted by anything at any moment, then you have dagger main-hand which i see as the more realistic choice but takes more skill and survival traits to make it work.

Anyways, if people complains about your build show them they’re wrong, it’s simple like that. But ele’s more useful as support in pvp you like it or not.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

You’re the one not making sense, i said i play support in pvp and zerker/viper in pve cause support ele fits better in a pvp environment and zerker/viper in a pve environment.

Like i said i’ve seen a lot of offensive eles in pvp and nobody complaining, that’s my experience, since you yourself played dps in pvp, do you have an idea of why people complained about you?.

Ele’s offensive skills are just too slow or too weak to be a threat in pvp, that has nothing to do with people choosing to be support or not, those are mechanics. You can’t have the whole group setting things for you so you can land a skill while being one-shoted by anything at any moment, then you have dagger main-hand which i see as the more realistic choice but takes more skill and survival traits to make it work.

Anyways, if people complains about your build show them they’re wrong, it’s simple like that. But ele’s more useful as support in pvp you like it or not.

No, you said this is “dumb” because you like to play healbot on pvp and that there’s no point in telling fellow eles to stop being healbots. Nobody is obligating you to do such. What are mechanics? Our skills being slow? Most of them truly are, and they are that because devs are afraid of eles becoming a godly class, which won’t happen because everythin resolves around having stacks after stacks of stability and tons of healing. Devs can’t balance that: we have the lowest HP and armor, so we have to struggle hard when running DPS builds at spvp matches. What’s the light at the end of the tunnel? The boring and mediocre healbot ele, that’s still meta despite ArenaNet’s “efforts” on promoting power eles… (see last balance patch, read it carefully).

I don’t believe those have to be our mechanics, they’re hurting the profession.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

I’m pretty sure eles issue in general imo at least is it has some iffy sustain without water or healing power stat investments

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Ghataka.1604

No, you said this is “dumb” because you like to play healbot on pvp and that there’s no point in telling fellow eles to stop being healbots. Nobody is obligating you to do such. What are mechanics? Our skills being slow? Most of them truly are, and they are that because devs are afraid of eles becoming a godly class, which won’t happen because everythin resolves around having stacks after stacks of stability and tons of healing. Devs can’t balance that: we have the lowest HP and armor, so we have to struggle hard when running DPS builds at spvp matches. What’s the light at the end of the tunnel? The boring and mediocre healbot ele, that’s still meta despite ArenaNet’s “efforts” on promoting power eles… (see last balance patch, read it carefully).

Well, better believe the archetypal mage class of this game has the lowest HP and armor, i really don’t get your point. I already told you there’s people playing dps eles in pvp and doing just fine, if the skillcap is bothersome to you then play other thing because it seems like you’re asking for more HP, armor and faster projectiles and casting.

Ele has always been the hardest profession to play in terms of personal survivality, you don’t have to get used to it because it wasn’t different before. You want faster projectiles and casting? Stop using staff and grab scepter. You have faster projectiles but your dps is lacking? Stop using scepter and grab dagger. You’re fast and your dps is ok but you’re dying? Get good.

I get it, you want to nuke things fast with staff at 1200 range while conserving the actual power of staff. We all do, now wake up.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

agree with this, the archetypal mage in a GW2 mages with pvp is roughly the following:

- Close range, highest dps, high maneuverability or kite ability, lowest survivability (dagger, arguably not enough kiting/survivability )
- Far range, low survivability, high aoe, low single target (staff, not suited to 5 v5 spvp capture point at all imo as per classic mage )
- Medium range, low survivability, medium single target, medium aoe – (sceptre, sustained dps isnt there yet)
- Support flavours

and so on and so forth

What doesn’t work is far range high aoe dmg AND high single target dmg – obviously Overpowered, and in fact would not be fun, as you would be instant first target call in all scenarios.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

Well, better believe the archetypal mage class of this game has the lowest HP and armor, i really don’t get your point. I already told you there’s people playing dps eles in pvp and doing just fine, if the skillcap is bothersome to you then play other thing because it seems like you’re asking for more HP, armor and faster projectiles and casting.

Ele has always been the hardest profession to play in terms of personal survivality, you don’t have to get used to it because it wasn’t different before. You want faster projectiles and casting? Stop using staff and grab scepter. You have faster projectiles but your dps is lacking? Stop using scepter and grab dagger. You’re fast and your dps is ok but you’re dying? Get good.

I get it, you want to nuke things fast with staff at 1200 range while conserving the actual power of staff. We all do, now wake up.

It’s not about believing, it’s about what we have right now. And my goodness, you have reading issues!: when did I see I want to nuke faster in staff? Some of staff skills are slow, and they’re not Fireball, Arc Lightning and other AAs, I was talking about Lava Font, which is slow to put damage. To simplify it for you: the damage output isn’t instant and it pulses slowly, more than 1s I think. That’s slow, and that’s not good for a weapon which requires proper distance with a low range (1200 range) where you’re always getting out of range and obstruted. Now, read everything again.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Ghataka.1604

It’s not about believing, it’s about what we have right now. And my goodness, you have reading issues!: when did I see I want to nuke faster in staff? Some of staff skills are slow, and they’re not Fireball, Arc Lightning and other AAs, I was talking about Lava Font, which is slow to put damage. To simplify it for you: the damage output isn’t instant and it pulses slowly, more than 1s I think. That’s slow, and that’s not good for a weapon which requires proper distance with a low range (1200 range) where you’re always getting out of range and obstruted. Now, read everything again.

Wait , this is hideous, you ignored almost all my message and then said lava font is the problem here xD. I’m sorry but this is too stupid even for me. I’ll go play my healbot now, you text me when lava font does 3,5k damage directly in one hit. see ya.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

vesica tempestas.1563

I get it, you want to nuke things fast with staff at 1200 range while conserving the actual power of staff. We all do, now wake up.[/quote]

It’s not about believing, it’s about what we have right now. And my goodness, you have reading issues!: when did I see I want to nuke faster in staff? Some of staff skills are slow, and they’re not Fireball, Arc Lightning and other AAs, I was talking about Lava Font, which is slow to put damage. To simplify it for you: the damage output isn’t instant and it pulses slowly, more than 1s I think. That’s slow, and that’s not good for a weapon which requires proper distance with a low range (1200 range) where you’re always getting out of range and obstruted. Now, read everything again.[/quote]

as with all AOE lava font is not meant to be fast to apply damage, its meant to be applied to a group of people where the skill is maximizing the aoe damage through prudent placement. The damage output is high for groups that are hit, and averages out over time when you take into account avoidance. that’s the point of the spell. if it was fast you would have a high impact AOE that basically doubles up as a high dps single target as well – cake and eating it.

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

Wait , this is hideous, you ignored almost all my message and then said lava font is the problem here xD. I’m sorry but this is too stupid even for me. I’ll go play my healbot now, you text me when lava font does 3,5k damage directly in one hit. see ya.

It’s stupid and hideous because you can’t understand when I say staff ele dps is slow to put. Take a look at Lava Font, Meteor Shower and Ice Spike. Meteor Shower used to be great. Lava Font is so easy to avoid that you don’t actually have to dodge, you just have to walk out of it when it’s cast. How possible? The damage ticks slow. 3.5k damage? Have you considered that nowadays thieves can dodge 3 times? Most builds have swiftness and protection? Endure Pain? Weakness applied on you? What’s the point here? Can you maintain at least one stack of burning on the enemy so you can have a boost of 10% on your damage and cast a Lava Font then hope it hits that target, not considering the above cited boons and conditions?

as with all AOE lava font is not meant to be fast to apply damage, its meant to be applied to a group of people where the skill is maximizing the aoe damage through prudent placement. The damage output is high for groups that are hit, and averages out over time when you take into account avoidance. that’s the point of the spell. if it was fast you would have a high impact AOE that basically doubles up as a high dps single target as well – cake and eating it.

Wut? Everyone who plays GW2 pvp is constantly moving. Unless you can somehow chill players long enough to place a Lava Font where 95% of it will do damage to those players then you’re done with it, ggwp for you. But in the spvp scenario where you cannot run dedicated power specs with reliable soft cc application (chill for instance) that ain’t possible. Prudent placement won’t work 100%, because you’ll have to put it where you’re pretty sure the enemy player is moving and hope she/he doesn’t dodge or walk out. You’re pretty much just saying: hey, don’t step over here, okay?
The amount of swiftness and dodge won’t allow you to “put prudently an AoE in order to maximize its damage”, especially an AoE that’s so slow to hurt foes and tickes slowly its damage.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Ghataka.1604

It’s stupid and hideous because you can’t understand when I say staff ele dps is slow to put. Take a look at Lava Font, Meteor Shower and Ice Spike. Meteor Shower used to be great. Lava Font is so easy to avoid that you don’t actually have to dodge, you just have to walk out of it when it’s cast. How possible? The damage ticks slow. 3.5k damage? Have you considered that nowadays thieves can dodge 3 times? Most builds have swiftness and protection? Endure Pain? Weakness applied on you? What’s the point here? Can you maintain at least one stack of burning on the enemy so you can have a boost of 10% on your damage and cast a Lava Font then hope it hits that target, not considering the above cited boons and conditions?

Wut? Everyone who plays GW2 pvp is constantly moving. Unless you can somehow chill players long enough to place a Lava Font where 95% of it will do damage to those players then you’re done with it, ggwp for you. But in the spvp scenario where you cannot run dedicated power specs with reliable soft cc application (chill for instance) that ain’t possible. Prudent placement won’t work 100%, because you’ll have to put it where you’re pretty sure the enemy player is moving and hope she/he doesn’t dodge or walk out. You’re pretty much just saying: hey, don’t step over here, okay?
The amount of swiftness and dodge won’t allow you to “put prudently an AoE in order to maximize its damage”, especially an AoE that’s so slow to hurt foes and tickes slowly its damage.

Ok this is too much, staff is a dps support weapon, meaning you need a team to make it effective, you’re supporting them via dps and if it works in pve while soloing is just because the AI is stupid, THE END.

If you want to single handle enemies in pvp grab dagger or scepter, staff skills were never meant to kill enemy players by yourself, get that already. WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT DOESN’T MATTER lol.

You’re taking victimism to a whole new level, talking about other profession’s boons and utilities when eles are a boon factory themselves and have several utilities focused on survivality. If you want to run a pure dps build and ignore survivality then gor for it! JEEZ.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

Ok this is too much, staff is a dps support weapon, meaning you need a team to make it effective, you’re supporting them via dps and if it works in pve while soloing is just because the AI is stupid, THE END.
If you want to single handle enemies in pvp grab dagger or scepter, staff skills were never meant to kill enemy players by yourself, get that already. WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT DOESN’T MATTER lol.
You’re taking victimism to a whole new level, talking about other profession’s boons and utilities when eles are a boon factory themselves and have several utilities focused on survivality. If you want to run a pure dps build and ignore survivality then gor for it! JEEZ.

This hasn’t come near too much. The staff weapon has tons of AoEs which means you can inflict damage to more than 3 players, at once. Every wep is considered to be supportive when you’re playing in teams because you will focus one or two targets with either damage, CC or healing. When it comes to 1v1 you can safely kill people with staff due to the soft/hard CCs it provides. By controlling your foe (which is something difficult nowadays because almost every profession have access to stability) you can land your AoEs and negate them some area while dealing damage to them, and it also applies to single targets. (Do you really play MMOs? I never felt like explaining how AoEs work to someone…) I never said that I wish I could manage 1v1 with staff, because I do. So, who’s playing the victim here? And what you think about staff doesn’t matter either, I am not talking about personal opinions.
I agree about the AI though, it’s so weak that you don’t have to soft CC monsters in order to solo them with “AoE dps support weap” (rofl). Every class can be a boon factory [lol] all you have to do is to choose the proper traitline, no mystery. Arcane shield serves pretty good as a defensive method, much better because you don’t have your skills locked when you take Mist Form for instance. What’s the problem?

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Ghataka.1604

This hasn’t come near too much. The staff weapon has tons of AoEs which means you can inflict damage to more than 3 players, at once. Every wep is considered to be supportive when you’re playing in teams because you will focus one or two targets with either damage, CC or healing. When it comes to 1v1 you can safely kill people with staff due to the soft/hard CCs it provides. By controlling your foe (which is something difficult nowadays because almost every profession have access to stability) you can land your AoEs and negate them some area while dealing damage to them, and it also applies to single targets. (Do you really play MMOs? I never felt like explaining how AoEs work to someone…) I never said that I wish I could manage 1v1 with staff, because I do. So, who’s playing the victim here? And what you think about staff doesn’t matter either, I am not talking about personal opinions.
I agree about the AI though, it’s so weak that you don’t have to soft CC monsters in order to solo them with “AoE dps support weap” (rofl). Every class can be a boon factory [lol] all you have to do is to choose the proper traitline, no mystery. Arcane shield serves pretty good as a defensive method, much better because you don’t have your skills locked when you take Mist Form for instance. What’s the problem?

Oh my god, are you trolling me? BYE lol, make up your mind.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

Oh my god, are you trolling me? BYE lol, make up your mind.

You feeling trolled? Or maybe you can’t handle discussions. Forums aren’t meant for you then :P GL HF with your healbot rofl make up your common sense.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

vesica tempestas.1563

The amount of swiftness and dodge won’t allow you to “put prudently an AoE in order to maximize its damage”, especially an AoE that’s so slow to hurt foes and tickes slowly its damage.[/quote]

exactly, and that’s why AOE based builds never works in pvp as we have seen historically in just about every mmorpg. Nuw if you want to try and make it work, placing aoe carefully to make it work is self evidently the skill that is required, unless you want it to be competitive single target as well as aoe while at the same time not being overpowered AOE, the god spell in effect.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its about all you can do now on ele. Power dmg is mostly dead in the water and ele simply dose not have the condi to keep up with the meta. Ya you can do ok power dmg with staff all in glass but a lot of classes can do that and they have much higher base vit and armor and lower cd on there big dmg skills.

That is the chose atm staff dmg or dagger / x support any thing beyond that your giving up a lot for being an ele. Ele just not part of the current meta.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

vesica tempestas.1563

exactly, and that’s why AOE based builds never works in pvp as we have seen historically in just about every mmorpg. Now if you want to try and make it work, placing aoe carefully to make it work is self evidently the personal skill that is required, unless you want it to be competitive single target as well as aoe while at the same time not being overpowered AOE, the god spell in effect.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Metabattle is more of a guideline than an actual rule to abide by. If you’re familiar with the class you play, you can be more creative.

If it’s a class you never play then it is better that you remain conservative and follow the meta more closely.

DPS ele is alright. I’ve seen people make it work.

But in the current meta, the vast majority of players (your teammates) will assume you’re meta and will go into the game with that mindset (assuming you’re in a rank where they actually give a kitten).

As a class that is generally expected to take care of itself and others, going in as glass will always prove difficult.

You will generally not have any real support from your team and once the enemy figures out you are glass… well. Don’t expect to win 1v1’s

A glass staff ele can be a great +1 to mid fights, but say against a rev or a thief 1v1, I don’t think you’re going to out-glass better players of those classes.

I might try it myself. I was running a glass staff off-season to great effect most games.

If the weekend players are done and I still end up tanking, I might see about it for a few games.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

Metabattle is more of a guideline than an actual rule to abide by. If you’re familiar with the class you play, you can be more creative.

If it’s a class you never play then it is better that you remain conservative and follow the meta more closely.

But in the current meta, the vast majority of players (your teammates) will assume you’re meta and will go into the game with that mindset (assuming you’re in a rank where they actually give a kitten).

As a class that is generally expected to take care of itself and others, going in as glass will always prove difficult.

You will generally not have any real support from your team and once the enemy figures out you are glass… well. Don’t expect to win 1v1’s

A glass staff ele can be a great +1 to mid fights, but say against a rev or a thief 1v1, I don’t think you’re going to out-glass better players of those classes.

I might try it myself. I was running a glass staff off-season to great effect most games.

If the weekend players are done and I still end up tanking, I might see about it for a few games.

DPS elementalist, both with dagger, scepter and staff isn’t alright because other professions with the same stats will do much more than the dps ele. So it’s not balanced.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

Its about all you can do now on ele. Power dmg is mostly dead in the water and ele simply dose not have the condi to keep up with the meta. Ya you can do ok power dmg with staff all in glass but a lot of classes can do that and they have much higher base vit and armor and lower cd on there big dmg skills.

That is the chose atm staff dmg or dagger / x support any thing beyond that your giving up a lot for being an ele. Ele just not part of the current meta.

This is at least my biggest problem with staff ele and ele as a whole: long CDs.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

DPS elementalist, both with dagger, scepter and staff isn’t alright because other professions with the same stats will do much more than the dps ele. So it’s not balanced.

You should really fact check your numbers before saying its dps spec is lower damage. Hint; it isn’t.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Guizao.4167

You should really fact check your numbers before saying its dps spec is lower damage. Hint; it isn’t.

I didn’t mean dps ele has low damage, I meant that other professions can also deal high damage faster while maintaining tons of survavibility.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I didn’t mean dps ele has low damage, I meant that other professions can also deal high damage faster while maintaining tons of survavibility.

Yah. Kinda figured.

Don't heal or support

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This is at least my biggest problem with staff ele and ele as a whole: long CDs.

What it comes down to is that staff ele is pure power dmg (the 2 condi skills are nothing compared to AA that have more then one condi on them) and power dmg is dead in wvw. You can do some power dmg but you got to support to be a viable build in wvw now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA