Dragon's Tooth!

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

What if it dealt 50% more damage to downed foes?

As a situational skill I think it deserves to be more powerful when the situation arises.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

100blade should also do more 100% more damage to downed bodies. . .

I mean my reasoning is that 100blade is a melee skill so it should be twice as effective in terms of damage than an elementalist skill.

tldr version: buff 100blade damage and healing signet while removing the burn condition on dragon’s tooth and reducing the overall direct damage by 8& (random number it could be 9, 10 or 14%).

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

No, Dragon’s Tooth needs to be ground-targetable. That’s the only change I can agree with.

Besides that, the whole Ele class needs to be seriously looked at.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vinteros Asteano.1209

Vinteros Asteano.1209

No, Dragon’s Tooth needs to be ground-targetable. That’s the only change I can agree with.

It used to be ground targetted in beta but it was changed after the first weekend IIRC.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

It also used to do more base damage but then they gave it a 20% nerf’ cause people ate them too much in beta.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

It used to be ground targetted in beta but it was changed after the first weekend IIRC.

No, it wasn’t ground targetted in beta.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I don’t think i’ve ever been hit, or hit anybody with dragons tooth.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

DT ignoring LOS is the only good thing of that spell in a PvP environment.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Due to the delay of their actual damage, both Dragon’s Tooth and Shatterstone need to be instant casts (also goes with the theme of Air Attunement #2 and #3), but that’s just the tip of the iceberg on what needs to be buffed concerning Elementalist scepter skills. Flame Strike, Ice Shards, and Stone Shards all need to be brought down to 1/2 of a second, and Arc Lightning needs to be brought down to 2 seconds. Rock Barrier should also be 1/4 of a second.

Don’t even get me started on the other weapons’ skills…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Dragon’s tooth should turn horizontal vs moving targets and home in on them. Unlimited range.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

Dragon’s tooth should turn horizontal vs moving targets and home in on them. Unlimited range.

Oh, how I miss when Lightning Surge and Signet of Air had unlimited range, sniping siege weapons and people alike.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I have been playing S/F in sPvP lately, and DT is already a really strong skill.

If your opponent doesn’t dodge it, they’re dead. Making it hit any harder would only add insult to injury. And there are lots of ways to make sure it gets hit. Elemental Surge (immobilizes), signet of earth (immobilizes), chills and any stun, really (earthquake, updraft, gust?)

Now if you want to talk the Shatterstone (Water 2 scepter ability)………. I mean, does anyone actually bother using this?

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vinteros Asteano.1209

Vinteros Asteano.1209

Yes, in BW1 it was ground targetted.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I have been playing S/F in sPvP lately, and DT is already a really strong skill.

If your opponent doesn’t dodge it, they’re dead. Making it hit any harder would only add insult to injury. And there are lots of ways to make sure it gets hit. Elemental Surge (immobilizes), signet of earth (immobilizes), chills and any stun, really (earthquake, updraft, gust?)

Now if you want to talk the Shatterstone (Water 2 scepter ability)………. I mean, does anyone actually bother using this?

I levelled mostly using scepter, and stopped using shatterstone after about level 10 when I realized that I would actually improve my DPS by just ignoring its existence. Considering that the skill has no other effect than vulnerability and a small amount of damage, this is pretty sad.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

Updraft doesn’t leave the opponent on the ground long enough for DT to hit. Quake has too long aftercast and thus can’t be used for landing DT either. Since everyone with a brain runs Sigil of Energy, they can always dodging in time after they get up. Gale is the only way to land DT without being dodged but at 50 sec cool down and being the only knockdown on focus it can only be used when ganking and target has stun breaks used up. Gust is a staff skill.

Never been a fan of using Signet of Earth to land DT since it’s so avoidable and Elemental Surge sucks since Evasive Arcana is better for survivability whilst glassy wise pumping 30 arcana cripples your damage a lot since it’s much better to be stacking damage modifiers from other lines. Sure you could MAYBE now land DT but your air spike and Phoenix now sucks.

I like to think of it in terms of trading skills and the CDs and cast times put you far behind if it gets countered by other professions better CDs.

Frost Bow is the best trade you have. Bow 5 → 4 cancel → DT is nice when mesmers and thieves teleports away from the icestorm, but even that requires Bow 5 to hit

At the end of the day it’s the triple hit Phoenixes and air spikes that matters the most and DT can mostly only be used to deter revival of downies as I said, I’m finding that a it lacking.

I use Shatterstone for zoning but since it’s so pathetic people often don’t even bother avoiding it.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

You mean people actually use dragon tooth still?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Of course, I use it all the time with my Ele and it is very effective.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Updraft doesn’t leave the opponent on the ground long enough for DT to hit. Quake has too long aftercast and thus can’t be used for landing DT either. Since everyone with a brain runs Sigil of Energy, they can always dodging in time after they get up. Gale is the only way to land DT without being dodged but at 50 sec cool down and being the only knockdown on focus it can only be used when ganking and target has stun breaks used up. Gust is a staff skill.

Gale*

You’re right, each stun doesn’t keep them down long enough. But you’re not without options, is what I’m saying.

You can:

A) cast DT first, then then updraft or earthquake (not guaranteed)
B) Cast updraft > DT/Pheonix > Earthquake
C) Gale > DT, Pheonix

There’s a lot of people who might say “But the stun isn’t long enough!”

They would be right. So I use Elemental Surge (XII in Arcane) as well. I like arcane utilities instead of cantrips.

Immobilize:

Gale > DT, flamewall (for combo), pheonix > Earth attunement > Arcane Wave/Blast for 2s immobilize.

Is your fire/gale on CD? No problem:

Earth attunement: Arcane wave/blast -> comet -> Freezing gust.

Chill:

Freezing gust + (water attunement) arcane wave/blast = 9s of chill.
Wait for them to pull their dodges (most melee classes will roll just to get in range of you) and then Comet for a daze -> Dragonstooth. They can’t walk out of it without a dodge-roll while chilled.

I also run Arcane shield in sPvP – often times i’ll stand near them and let them punch it until it pops and they get another 3s of chill +1k damage.

Burning:

If you thought DT hurt, try this:

DT, Flamewall, pheonix, arcane blast, arcane wave.

Even if you miss the DT, assuming you set up your flamewall right, you get 3x blast finishers (9x might), 10s of burning + 1s from wall + 1s from projectile finisher = 12s burning. (and all of this in a single attunement).

Proceed to set up combos from any of the other elements.

Blind:

Stomping an opponent? Arcane wave = AoE Blind.
Arcane shield = 3x block and then AoE blind.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

DT should always have been ground-targeted. Phoenix a homing projectile.

downed state is bad for PVP

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

If your opponent doesn’t dodge it it means he moved out of it because you have A LOT of time to move out of it before it lands I dont care if they nerf it 20% more JUST PLEASE I want it to actually land

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Why do people keep suggesting ruining DT with ground-targeting? Dragon’s tooth is pretty solid even as it is. The reason its on an extremely short CD is to allow for it to be used to create a lot of pressure in risk vs reward situations. By design it’s supposed to build pressure and force your opponents to move, or otherwise get smacked hard; or conversely, it fits perfectly as the final shot of a well executed attack/skill rotation preceded by CC application.

Besides, making Dragon’s Tooth ground-targeted isn’t going to solve the issue that some people have in others being able to easily dodge the long hovering animation; in fact, it may make matters even worse. What’s more, I would bet that changing this skill to ground-targeted would ALSO be accompanied with a nerf to DTs overall damage. So be very careful what you ask for, because you just might get it.

And I also don’t like the idea of it being ground targeted simply because it would make using a second ground targeted ability (phoenix) right behind it a little difficult and clunky to get used to.

So please Devs, do not add yet another GT skill to the Scepter weapon set.

Besides, slightly reducing the hovering animation time would correct what everyone hates about this skill. In effect, slightly reducing the hovering animation time would not be adding yet another ground-targeted skill while still allowing the possibility of people being able to avoid the attack if they react quickly enough.

So while DT does need to be tweaked, it only needs a tiny change, not a sledgehammer approach.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

Against mobs and immobolised targets or players that havent discovered the dodge roll

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Against mobs and immobolised targets or players that havent discovered the dodge roll

Against all type of targets. Players can’t dodge DT if it is followed after gale. They are forced to use a utility. Even without gale, dt is very effective at keeping the pressure off from melee opponents. I completely agree dt does not need a ground target addition. It is perfectly fine the way it is atm. The only skill that needs a buff from scepter is Shatterstone.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Nope but Churning Earth was a channel that you Held and could release early!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

So it’s fine for you since it can be used with a 50 sec CD focus skill? Sound reasoning…

It definitely needs ground targeting, at least in PvP. It only becomes slightly useful against downed people and on capture points for pressure. Our access to CC that allows it to land is almost non-existant (Gale and Signet of Earth WITH 10% condition duration increase).
Giving the player the option to choose where it will land is not too much to ask, considering the long cast time and the excessive animation. Currently it’s way too situational.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

Against all type of targets. Players can’t dodge DT if it is followed after gale.

Assuming the target is still in DT’s aoe after it’s long long cast time. You could use 3 for 1 comboes all you want from Freezing Gust→DT→Gale to as fancy as DT→LF+Updraft, DT’s best use as a revive deterring is the only situation when it’s 1 for 1 or more yet in it’s best situation it’s under-performing.

If glass eles in tPvP could actually keep the target downed after throwing a kitchen sink of skills and cooldowns someone, they’d be much more competitive rather than simply being a gimmick.

But instead you have this scenario:
“Oh I got someone down… never mind he’s rezzed again and my burst skills are on or require skills to land that are on 45+ CDs.”

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The only thing that needs to be changed about dragon’s tooth is the no-damage bug when you are cc’d after the cast and before it lands. A slightly shorter cast-time wouldn’t hurt.

For those unaware, DT is meant to be used situationally as a zoning tools to:
1. Pressure players away from an area, like dps-ing you, standing on-point, or trying to res (it is heavy anti-res pressure).
2. Bait out a dodge-roll if the person is slow and doesn’t just walk out of range.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

The only thing that needs to be changed about dragon’s tooth is the no-damage bug when you are cc’d after the cast and before it lands. A slightly shorter cast-time wouldn’t hurt.

For those unaware, DT is meant to be used situationally as a zoning tools to:
1. Pressure players away from an area, like dps-ing you, standing on-point, or trying to res (it is heavy anti-res pressure).
2. Bait out a dodge-roll if the person is slow and doesn’t just walk out of range.

That’s what shatterstone should be for.

A skill that is designed to miss most of the time is a badly designed skill, simple as that.

downed state is bad for PVP

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

Shorter cast time has already been suggested and ignored.

The no damage when hard cc’ed is caused by the cast animation not being allowed to finish and occurs with all delayed aoe ele skills including eruption and ice spike. Cancel casting by pressing escape does the same thing and can be used to your advantage for pure zoning since you can start casting something else sooner (but you’d feel dumb if it actually did hit but does no damage). For awhile DT specifically got cancelled by dodge but thank goodness they fixed that.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What about giving it a knock back and a slightly bigger aoe? Its has enofe windup that it should have a big effect then just mostly hitting one person for a lot of dmg. It looks like it should push ppl back when it hits them. It would also give the scepter something other then pure dmg because that all a scepter can do atm but for a few skills that do dmg and something else by no hard cc and no real soft cc.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arkana.7583

Arkana.7583

Of course ppl use it, clever ppl still use it… Soooo good pressure, not our fault if you can’t use it when it can be usefull.

I really like this skill,, as i said on another thread, if they reduce the delay of the skill, i’ll be able to burst like a crazy ele, make it ground targeted and i’ll hate the skill. Because you can pressure someone hiding behind something really easily.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

Of course ppl use it, clever ppl still use it… Soooo good pressure, not our fault if you can’t use it when it can be usefull.

I really like this skill,, as i said on another thread, if they reduce the delay of the skill, i’ll be able to burst like a crazy ele, make it ground targeted and i’ll hate the skill. Because you can pressure someone hiding behind something really easily.

SnD just isnt as effective in WvW VS a skilled DnD ele. Anet as improved the SnD since Day1 but a simple skill like dragon tooth needs a buff especially if F3 on DnD is now being made an evade skill. F3 can hit hard while being an immediate attack and a combo with e4 and soon to be A3 on DnD. But play what you like.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Arkana.7583

SnD just isnt as effective in WvW VS a skilled DnD ele. Anet as improved the SnD since Day1 but a simple skill like dragon tooth needs a buff especially if F3 on DnD is now being made an evade skill. F3 can hit hard while being an immediate attack and a combo with e4 and soon to be A3 on DnD. But play what you like.

Oh I don’t care of WvW, i’m only playing PvP, It’s my fault i didn’t say that before. (may be they should add 3 versions for one skill, 1 for PvE , 1 for WvW and one for PvP, but I guess it’s hard for them) And i don’t play S/D or D/D I don’t like it very much now i’m playing S/F on a bursty fresh air build, some players don’t know how to handle focus yet.

And I guess in WvW eles are playing bunker D/D builds with toughness, or glassy staff eles no?

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Oh I don’t care of WvW, i’m only playing PvP, It’s my fault i didn’t say that before. (may be they should add 3 versions for one skill, 1 for PvE , 1 for WvW and one for PvP, but I guess it’s hard for them) And i don’t play S/D or D/D I don’t like it very much now i’m playing S/F on a bursty fresh air build, some players don’t know how to handle focus yet.

And I guess in WvW eles are playing bunker D/D builds with toughness, or glassy staff eles no?

That is different. Bored at work so will see if I can theory craft a build with busrt air S/F

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

It changes.

At the start of WvW in 2012, most eles were staff. We had turtle builds due to not having limits on heal targets.

There were some SnF from GW1 players

Then DnD become very popular due to its ability to 1v3 with ease.

SnD became popular with the fresh air builds.

Then with condi meta hitting hard, eles went back to DnD bunker builds.

But with the changes that have occured and will occur, we will see much more knight based DnD eles.

And offcourse , most DnD eles do carry a staff incase it is needed.

The future is not set yet, but i forsee DnD in WvW to be a majority of the eles when not needed to be staff eles.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Dragon's Tooth!

in Elementalist

Arkana.7583

That is different. Bored at work so will see if I can theory craft a build with busrt air S/F

Add me I can give you my build if you want.

I know the old meta of eles, but now i don’t know what ele are playing in WvW. I just suppose.^^

Sorry for my bad english. :x