Dragon's Tooth and LOS

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

So forgive me if this has already been discussed (and if it has, please point me to that thread!), but I think it’s a little ridiculous how Dragon’s Tooth has been left in its current state and has been allowed to operate beyond the limits of LOS. Losing a superior arrow cart which is out of range and out of sight behind a wall is a little irritating, frankly.

Not asking for it to be nerfed, rather change it to a ground-targeted AoE or make it operate in conjunction with the limits set by LOS.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

It should be blocked by solid objects same as any other ability.
I think the problem arises when you cast it without target, as it will then land straight in front of the caster at max range, if this is out of LoS it will still go there.
All in all it should be quite an easy fix for them.

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Every skill that hits ‘from the sky’ has this behavior. Its pretty nice and i hope no nerf to this.

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

They could fix it by making it ground targeted… Oh wait.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

as caffy said.. making it a GT wold make it more usefull for ele (a targeted skill with that much delay is pretty much useless agist anything with brain and eyes… ) and also avoid this behavior that is argued since quite some time…

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

And if they make it ground targeted, then the masses will cry when we are actually able to hit them on the move with it.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

you cant really complain about dragons tooth in its current state because its borderline useless

jump into spvp with a friend, have him WALK forward not run and then cast dragons tooth
the ability casts so slow its borderline useless

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

So forgive me if this has already been discussed (and if it has, please point me to that thread!), but I think it’s a little ridiculous how Dragon’s Tooth has been left in its current state and has been allowed to operate beyond the limits of LOS. Losing a superior arrow cart which is out of range and out of sight behind a wall is a little irritating, frankly.

Not asking for it to be nerfed, rather change it to a ground-targeted AoE or make it operate in conjunction with the limits set by LOS.

yeah if this attack gets more nerfed it seriously got no purpose

what moron here is gonna tell him his moron enemy in pvp is getting hit by dragon’s tooth is a moron

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

Dragons Tooth for me is nothing more than an additional blast finisher. It’s just unreasonable to expect any semi-decent enemy to wait around for it to hit them.

Regarding taking out those hidden arrow carts? Well imo I think it’s kind of nice for there to be at least one skill out there that can get that siege so brilliantly placed that no other skill from any other profession could. Keeps things sorta balanced… but that’s just my opinion.

Remember, things like this work both ways… that’s why I don’t quite understand why people cry for so many nerfs on the forums, if something works well against you, use that back against them. Not mocking you for bringing it up by any means, just sayin. If you’re an ele, use it back against your enemies. If you’re not an ele, make sure your fellow guildies who are know to use it back against your enemies.

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Usagi.4835

Actually, when I first made this thread, it was just after one of my super arrow carts died to an onslaught of Dragon’s Teeth. Now I’m pretty indifferent towards it, so I don’t really mind if they leave it as it is lol. Strange to think it’s only been 5 days… you’ll be missed, super arrow cart.

MODS, FEEL FREE TO CLOSE THIS THREAD!

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

QQ on Dragonstooth? really? gawd why

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

cuz iberserker was op at killing siege too?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Dragon's Tooth and LOS

in Elementalist

Usagi.4835

cuz iberserker was op at killing siege too?

I’m a bitter mesmer.