Dragon's tooth vs true shot

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

is it fair to compare dragon’s tooth to true shot? it seemed to make sense to me because of both the cooldown and the damage, only DT has all of the risk and seems to have far less of a reward.
Thoughts?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I wouldnt try to compare them but I do think its a fair argument to say scepter needs more love because the weapon as of now has no real place in spvp outside of pug matches and dueling mediocre builds. Dps ele in general is just not a viable option because there isnt much dmg mitigation options, its more about out healing dmg done so bunkering up makes most sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

They aren’t going to go back and ever fix the old, broken, useless garbage. They are just going to make new shinies that continually power-creep. However, they have almost no understanding how to develop eles, so when we do get an offensive weapon, it still won’t work b/c they won’t give us viable defense to go along with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

is it fair to compare dragon’s tooth to true shot?

No.

Fishsticks

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

No.

This is correct dragons tooth was designed with the intention of being borderline useless, while true shot was meant to be good.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

DT : might stacks + it somehow works when there is lots of people on point as it can dmg or serve as a really short area denial

in Elementalist

Posted by: larocca.8391

larocca.8391

No.

This is correct dragons tooth was designed with the intention of being borderline useless, while true shot was meant to be good.

Essentially this. Ive seen people stop dodging and just tank my dragons tooth now..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

No.

Essentially this. Ive seen people stop dodging and just tank my dragons tooth now..

Why you wouldn’t facetank an Ele if there are Revs, Reapers, DHs, and DDs about?