Duel pistol Elementalist

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

As a huge fan of Final Fantasy Tactics, I would love this. Want. so. bad.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I think it would make more sense to have a dual pistol Mesmer than an Ele. It just doesn’t fit our style, really.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

Ok, scepter and staff, magic weapons. Daggers…not rly (mage+melee not a usual combination). So why not pistols, magic bullets, pewpew.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

In FFT there were pistols that shoot elemental magic. The idea sounds fun to me in this game, and honestly, I would have guessed they would have went with that before daggers, not to take away from the awesome daggers of course ; )

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Mage classes have used Daggers in other games, it’s not really unusual. Even in WoW magic classes can use daggers. I think a Sword or Mace MH might make more sense than Pistol though for Ele’s thematically, or even adding a Shield could be interesting but iffy it if fits in with the class (other games have done that with magic classes, both cloth and non cloth classes). Pistol gives me the idea of a magical duelist which is exactly what the Mesmer is. So I don’t think it doesn’t make sense for a magical class, it’s just this game has one already and it’s not us.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Daggers are commonly associated with ritual magic in real-world occult practices, and Elementalists are the most “wizardy” of the Scholar classes. I think Elementalist Gunslingers would be awesome, but extremely unlikely at this stage of the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mesmers get them for their main hand at some point, though. The real difference is developing 3 Skills (Mesmers already have them for off hand) vs. 20 Skills (Main/Off Hand, 4 Attunements).

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfbane.1743

Wolfbane.1743

I would rather have a shortbow option. high dps, few aoes, mostly single target damage, decent cc and range.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

I would rather have a shortbow option. high dps, few aoes, mostly single target damage, decent cc and range.

no, too many shortbow users. we should get the longbow.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Two professions can use the shortbow, just as two can use the longbow.

Honestly, am I the only one who wants a MH sword? It’s cliché, I know, but that’s half the point. I would enjoy a sword-wielding elemental battlemage.

Also, what about the torch? I mean, it’s an off-hand that burns. Surely, elementalists can take advantage of that in some way or another. Like a passive -> active skill similar to Rock Barrier, but for fire and related to burning. This way, a torch elementalist would always have means to burn even when in other attunements. :P

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

Two professions can use the shortbow, just as two can use the longbow.

Honestly, am I the only one who wants a MH sword? It’s cliché, I know, but that’s half the point. I would enjoy a sword-wielding elemental battlemage.

Also, what about the torch? I mean, it’s an off-hand that burns. Surely, elementalists can take advantage of that in some way or another. Like a passive -> active skill similar to Rock Barrier, but for fire and related to burning. This way, a torch elementalist would always have means to burn even when in other attunements. :P

Oh yes, staff main hand, sword off hand, epic.

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Sure, dont forget the magical sword, magical shield, magical mace, magical bow, magical axe…

(Well, we actually do have those as conjures… but you get what i mean i hope :p )

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

Duel pistol Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

i dont think this is good idea, pistols doesnt fit elementalists